[2009] MICA GE/PI Calls Out

Link : MICA 2009 GE/PI Calls A dream-come-true. A chance to open this thread! Call getters can post their profiles, dates and other queries. Best Wishes! My date : March 21, 2009.

Link : MICA 2009 GE/PI Calls

A dream-come-true. A chance to open this thread!

Call getters can post their profiles, dates and other queries.

Best Wishes!

My date : March 21, 2009.

The last call of the season :D. I've got mine on the 18th. I'll be coming from Delhi, and should be reaching Ahmedabad on the 17th. I'll be staying at a hotel, can't remember the name, where I've booked my room already. I'll be flying back to Chennai on the 19th.

I realize no one actually wanted to hear all that, but meh, might as well abuse being one of the first posters 😁

i have mine on 22nd......will be coming from delhi a day before only....
anybody else in the same slot can pm me...

apart from that..seniors please guide us as to how should we prepare now...... no time to waste!

hello guys,

Anyone from Mumbai center got the GEPI call? The center near Mithibai, where we were told to write on the OMR for section A2. Just wanna confirm that dint cause any problem.

P.S. Any1 who did write the numbers on the omr for section A2 from any other center and got the call may also confirm the same.

RD.

hello guys,

Anyone from Mumbai center got the GEPI call? The center near Mithibai, where we were told to write on the OMR for section A2. Just wanna confirm that dint cause any problem.

P.S. Any1 who did write the numbers on the omr for section A2 from any other center and got the call may also confirm the same.

RD.

The A2 section has been scrapped. I don't think it should cause any problem.

Waise, I had written numbers on the OMR and have a call.
hello guys,

RD.

Buddy it is clearly mentioned by MICA in their mail that section A2 has been scrapped and not considered for final shortlisting....

BTW my GE/PI is on 20th. Will be flying to AHD on 19th...ne one from delhi in same slot??

CAN someone throw light on GE topics??

abhi

Yeah I wrote the numbers on the OMR too. Pretty small crowd here so far I see. Any idea how many people Mica has called? Plus, how come there aren't any batch numbers? Just one batch a day? How long is this process if there's just one batch a day?!

Hi!!!
me too got a call...ge/pi on 22nd . nyone else in the same slot???
Puys and seniors can u plz tell me what was the maximum time last year till which the process was streached(mail says i may be till 8:00pm)...asking this because have to catch a 5 pm flight to bangalore..(if possible)..Also please throw some light on the kind of topics asked in ge/pi (r they advertising/communication specific) or like ny other bschool?

plz help seniors

i missed the call..........and i thought my micat was pretty decent....
BTW I HEARD FRoM a frnd that mica has given out calls only to those who applied before the cat results were out...they just kept their dates till mid Jan and also declared their cutoffs (which were quite low) just to receive more applications...
thier logic behind doin this is that those who applied before the CAT results are REALLY wanting MICA....others just fr the heck of doin an MBA!!!!!!!!!!

GOD knws hw much truth behind this????????????

i missed the call..........and i thought my micat was pretty decent....
BTW I HEARD FRoM a frnd that mica has given out calls only to those who applied before the cat results were out...they just kept their dates till mid Jan and also declared their cutoffs (which were quite low) just to receive more applications...
thier logic behind doin this is that those who applied before the CAT results are REALLY wanting MICA....others just fr the heck of doin an MBA!!!!!!!!!!

GOD knws hw much truth behind this????????????

I can surely assure you nothing can be far from truth than this...I myself applied after the CAT result was out and i have managed a GE/PI call..Infact i believe my application would have been received probably on the last day(this is how late i got)...so dude dispel all your doubts...
abhinav_gec Says
I can surely assure you nothing can be far from truth than this...I myself applied after the CAT result was out and i have managed a GE/PI call..Infact i believe my application would have been received probably on the last day(this is how late i got)...so dude dispel all your doubts...

Thanks fr dat dude....even i was doubting it bt i put it here so dat smeone would atleast smeone like u would come up to dispel my fears...
congrats btw......

Hi Seniors,

Can you kindly let me know what is the last day for GE/PI for MICA nd in any scenario can it be re-scheduled as my interview date clashes wid other b-school which cant be rescheduled.

This thread is for call getters to talk 'bout the process. If you aren't
1) A call getter
2) A Student at Mica
3) Someone who has attended the process and would like to share

, then please read quietly. The time for speculation over Micat is now long past.

Since the time to GE/pi is pretty less i might be better i we start discussing various aspects of GE/Pi in this thread.. and if possibel we may request Prof. Deval to answer our queries in this thread..

i would like to start by asking what sort of profile do students get after getting placed and how r these job profiles different from a regular b-school job profile...Puys plz comment:tellme:

1) A call getter
2) A Student at Mica

, then please read quietly. The time for speculation over Micat is now long past.

since this is a thread fr Mica ge/pi calls out....i dont think it is irrelevant to talk about on wht basis mica might have given out calls...all the more today since the calls r out just today...dude all those who have nt got a call have also worked equally hard fr micat...dont be so mean..atleast nt today

I've already posted on the official Prof Deval thread, asking her to help us out here. As far as profiles offered to Mica students, that's something you really need to get off their website. It's mica-india.net.

1) A call getter
2) A Student at Mica

That's rude man! Ridiculous! U are talkin as if by clearing Micat u have captured the sky or smethin'! Relax boy, u have loads to do b4 u can talk in that tone! And yeah, ne1 can post on this forum, dont go around telling ppl whether they can post or not!

At your service, guys!!

The first one for the rather sad tone of the current debate...

MICA has given calls to all those who applied to MICA from day 1 to day last of receiving applications. So please do not feel that MICA has done something to get more applications.

It is sad that you couldn't make it to GE/PI. A little introspection will help. But putting the blame on the institute's process will not help. Also, in the long run, this attitude will also hinder your progress. So get over it.

Good luck and God bless
Deval

Hey Relax Puys!!!!
By commenting on such ridiculous remarks we are denying this controvery to die naturally. May be we should just move on and really do something constructive which would help everyone not just the call getters but also the one's who havnt ..atleast they can use this knowledge to good use in other calls that they have got...