[2009-2011] SP Jain GI Experiences

All the best to everyone for their SP Jain Group interviews starting tomorrow and please do post in your experinces.It would be good if we can use an earlier format. For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: …

All the best to everyone for their SP Jain Group interviews starting tomorrow and please do post in your experinces.It would be good if we can use an earlier format.

For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this:

PROFILE:

Acads:
X
XII
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age

Anything special:

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

CAT Score:
Group Interview:
Number of Ppl present:
Time:
Panel Members Intro:

Questions:

Request:
1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experiences of SP Jain GI.
2. Please do mention your background and hobbies as it might help us understand why a specific question was put up to you.
3. For appreciating an interview post use thank button, or if you want to show more, use PM.

All in all, keep this thread for what is meant!

hi all,

thought this would help :)

link to last year's GI experiences:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/sp-jain-gi-group-interview-experiences-2008-25027933

congrats to the call getters and all the best for the next stage

Well well i seem to have the honors of posting the first experience.Well here we go.I don't have much time as 3 interviews lined up on next 3 days so giving brief idea.

PROFILE:

Acads:
X : 83
XII : 80
Undergrad Major - 73

Anything special: Couple of national prizes in essay writing. First prize in "best mobile idea" comptt in IIT Roorkee.

Work-Ex: 20 months in Nokia R&D;

CAT Score: 99.76

Interview is in two stages. It was running late today by 1 hour. One update is that there's no psychometric test this time. Both are group interviews progressing in round-robin fashion. One advice is be brief and to the point cos the panel doesn't have much time. However don't be brief to the point of being terse. You know something like the characteristics of good undergarments !!

Round 1 : Panel : 2 lady profs and 2 students in 1st year.
3 characters in the play
Panel is P
Everyone : We
Moi : me

P: Tell about yourself thats not there on this sheet. 2 min each
We : blah-blah. One guy mentioned mahabharata(actually quite a lot were mentioning mahabharata prob from the gita course you've in spjimr;) )

P: (to guy) u mentioned mahabharata. do you think krishna was a gud manager
Girl mentioned something about achieving perfection.

P(to guy) what is perfection. And why do u have to achieve perfection.
guy fumbles now. Gurl next to him says we give our best its perfection.

Some discussion of perfection follows. I'm yawning meanwhile.

P(to me) suppose you're the ceo of the firm which audited satyam. What will you say to other ppl who're accusing you?
me : i'll say its not possible to know everything. Also maybe we were lax in investigating the bank statements going by the corporate governance awards satyam has won

P : so you'll accept your mistake
me : yes of course. Whats a mistake is a mistake and we'll try not to repeat.

P : you're already talkin like a CEO. You don't need to do mba. Find some other route
me : smile

me : however we need to introduce the "whistle-blower" concept. Gave how whistle blowers have uncovered enron and worldcom.

P: Suppose you're signal man of a train. The train follows one track. Some children don't know about it and are playing on that track. One child knows about it and is playing on another track. Which track will you divert the train to.

We : some discussion follows. I say i'll keep on the original track cos tats the right thing to do. Others say its greater good vs lesser evil and will divert the train.No conclusion reached.

P: Finally tell us in one sentence y we should take you.
We: some blah. Some cross questioning on that blah. I had the lengthiest cross questioning unfortunately.

P: Do you think we should know something which will help you
Some ppl mentioned some other achievements.

P: Thank youse

Well first round got over. 5 min later results were announced and 6 out of 7 ppl got selected.This was the highest ratio i saw cos mostly 4 /7 or 5/7 was the ratio.

2nd Round : One middle aged prof and one very old prof who was only observing.

P : Why so many people coming to do mba. Its a PR exercise b schools do which tells people that only mba ppl are worth living.

Some discussion follows on benefits of mba. I was mostly silent here.

P : lets talk movies. What was great about ghajini
It is asked to 3 ppl. I hadn't watched it. Thankfully from 4th guy the focus shifted to slumdog millionaire.I gave some gas about how foreigners only like to watch movies which conforms to their view of india. Gave example of arvind adiga's " The white tiger"

P: You guys talk well only when discussing movies. Discussing business everyone goes silent. Each one talk about what new business development they've come across.

I talked about nano. MOst ppl talked about their companies

P : Each one tell your strength.
We : blah

P : Now i'll tell your weaknesses.
Tells first person "you run away from difficult situations" He defends.
Comes to me and tells " you're choosy in making friends" I accept
One commerce girl is asked "you're not sincere or something like that" She defends saying she was a nerd in college and studied a lot. He says then you should have told me about some business development and not about your company. She says i could've but i said what i was comfortable in.
Others were asked to name their areas of improvement. Quite a lot of grilling on that.

P : I think that's about it. Thank you very much.

Well 2nd round was more of the psychometric test they used to have last year i guess. They're just judging how're you psychologically.Really don't know what to make of this process but the profs were definitely looking very knowledgeable in judging the personality of the person.

With average acads and average profile and the incredible call rate for finance, i never had any hopes for this college. Now with an average pi, sp is out of the game for me.ATB to all you guys and do well.

Hey guys there is already a thread for SP JAIN GI Experiences

It is in Other Exams - XAT, FMS, JMET, SNAP etc forum
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/spjimr-pgdm-2009-11-gi-experiences-25038510

Request mods to merge these two threads as someone has posted his experience in the other one

Sry for gng off the topic :oops:

~Scotts

Moderators can we close one of the 2 threads..

Hiii Did they ask about the 5 points bit? They want it written or printed?
any idea on the size of paper they are talking about?
if printed what are the font details?

Nitesh_Agarwal Says
Moderators can we close one of the 2 threads..

Moderators, Please close of the thread in order to avoid confusion and no information is missed by people visiting the site...

HI Modz

MODz..Please close this thread....!!
as there is one more already opened..!!

Thanks

Can anybody tell me wat is this GITA course in SPJIMR ????

Hi

Please continue here
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...009-11-gi.html (SPJIMR-PGDM-2009-11-GI-Experiences)

Cheers
Pallavi