[2009-2011] FMS-MBA(FT) GD/PI Experiences

All the best to everyone for their FMS-MBA(FT) interviews and please do post in your experinces.It would be good if we can use an earlier format. For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: *PROFILE: *A…

All the best to everyone for their FMS-MBA(FT) interviews and please do post in your experinces.It would be good if we can use an earlier format.

For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this:

PROFILE:

Acads:
X
XII
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

GD:
Topic:
Number of Ppl present
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
Other Salient Details: As whether summary was asked to be written or not, Time given, and other stuff.

PI:
Panel Members Intro:
Questions:

Extempore Topic:
Request:
1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experiences of FMS-MBA(FT) GD-PI.
2. Please do mention your background and hobbies as it might help us understand why a specific question was put up to you.
3. For appreciating an interview post use thank button, or if you want to show more, use PM.

All in all, keep this thread for what is meant!

Can u update the thread name to include MBA(MS) experiences as well...

Come on Puys, post your experiences

Seems no one is posting experience
My friend had gd/pi yesterday so i write what ever he told me so that it can help some of you .
GD/pi : 12th march 11am
HIS profile .. Engg with 6 months exp
Call : MBA FT

Gd topic : Democracy is farce concept ( some thing like that :angel:)
no monologue , u will give time for thinking and group will start the process as bell ring . 1 min before time get over bell will ring .. so u have to conclude at that moment .

PI : he was the first one to go to panel
Panel had 4 people .. one was Dean

Extempore topic was Pen is more powerful than sword
Topic was related to his name .. so expect that in your extempore
After that pi started was of 10 -12 min ..4 panel so many thing to ask .. and time so less so expect that it will be little stress .. so make crisp and small .while answering .

Question were
tell me about your self ..
why mba
why fms
what after mba
and then gd related discussion .. ( stressed on thaT )

rest it was quick and fast affair for him .
hope this will help

PS : This much only i know hence wrote here. . hope that is not un usefult for puys .. best of luck !!

My friend had gd/pi yesterday so i write what ever he told me so that it can help some of you .

After that pi started was of 10 -12 min ..4 panel so many thing to ask .. and time so less so expect that it will be little stress .. so make crisp and small .while answering .

What's name of your friend?

no monologue , u will give time for thinking and group will start the process as bell ring . 1 min before time get over bell will ring .. so u have to conclude at that moment .

Question were
why mba
why fms
what after mba

hope this will help

PS : This much only i know hence wrote here. . hope that is not un usefult for puys .. best of luck !!

wasn't he grilled on acads?is he an engg?
i've been reading my core crazily for the last one week.......
there's no point doing so,if they dont ask anythng from core.....
plz reply quickly....

come onnnnnnnn puys kindly post ur experience there
r lot of puys waiting for ur replies...........

sumit2goody Says
What's name of your friend?

plz reply quickly....

@ sumit ... His surname was TALWAR ( sword)

@ silvernife .... he is engg working for 6 months .. but not much grilling on acads or work profile. . lot was on gd topic as he spoke a lot(told quality point) in it . so was stressing on the point he made during that .. !!

PS : plz don't ask here.,.use pm for the any other question as this will help people . i will make relevant changes if something i have missed .let it be clean thread from now on .

HIS profile .. Engg with 6 months exp

Question were
why mba
why fms
what after mba

hope this will help

Did u get only FMS - FT call or also a MS??? The experience you posted was fot MBA FT I think??anyhow if you also have MS can you kindly post ur experience for that one also...
plz reply quickly....

I had my GD/PI yesterday(12th). No acad based questions were thrown at people with work experience at all. Few freshers were asked. I'm a fresher but I wasnt asked anything on acads. 😛
memememe Says
I had my GD/PI yesterday(12th). No acad based questions were thrown at people with work experience at all. Few freshers were asked. I'm a fresher but I wasnt asked anything on acads. :p

can you post a lot more in detail ...it will help all of us

Heyo Puys,

Had my GD/PI for MBA(FT) yesterday, 11 am slot.

PROFILE:

Acads:
X : 84
XII : 73
Undergrad Major - B.Tech Mechanical , 8.6 CGPA

Work-Ex:
33 Months with IBM

GD:
Topic: Democracy is more of a mockery in India now.
Number of Ppl present : 9 out of 10
Time: 10-12 mins
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: The discussion was healthy, everybody poured in with points and there was no commotion at all .
The panel would let you know when the last minute starts and you are expected to summarise then.

PI:

Now comes the best part, I was the 3rd person in for the the PI, Prof Mitra(Dean) and three other profs were there. The Dean did all the talking throughout.
Panel Members Intro: Dean (D), Me (M)

Questions:

The moment i sit he D says, Abhishek you have a very famous name even before Abhishek Bachan was born.. I smiled(had no clues what was coming), for moment I thought he would ask me to speak abt my name and then came the TWIST.
Extempore Topic: Ok Abhishek your extempore topic is "Coronation of Lord Ram".. :-? ye kya ho gaya.. 2 second ke liye to laga ki mera sansaar ujad gaya.. :biggrin:.. Even before i could gather my breath back D started the stopwatch. I started speaking, told abt his initial coronation in Ayodhya and then his vanvass and then his return as a king etc etc. I guess i spoke for a minute altough i stoped in between for a second or two.

The PI lasted for abt 12-15 minutes, D was firing question and the other three staring at me.

D : what is coronation in today's world ?
M: Sir, the swearing in ceremony of blah blah..

D: Asked something abt the Ambassadors, what credentials they carry (something like that..dont remember the exact thing)
M : blah blah.. he wasnt convinced at the first go but my second attempt convinced him somehow.

D: tell me someother english words starting with "cre"
M : told 4 of them

D: what do they have in common ?
M : the letters CRE .. The panel starts laughing

D : I mean something with literature ?
M : Dont know Sir..
D: Its OK, we dont expect you to know it..you arent from the linguistic background.

D: Asked abt my role in IBM and what would be the next role if I am promoted.
M: told abt my BA role..

D: You are doing so good at IBM, why do you weant to come here..
M: Gyan,gyan and gyan..

D: Tell me few adjectives that would describe you
M: told some fancy words and squeezed in Red Devil too.. i wanted him to talk abt Man United, i am a big fan of united... :biggrin:

D: Tell me few qualities you have learnt from Sir Alex ?
M: negotiation, managing resource...gave him an example too.

D: Tell me few points which your friends have asked you to work on ?
M: gave some senti statements which made sense..

D: Abhishek, how close have been with your previous attempts at MBA exams ?
M:Told them this is my lone call blah blah..

D: What is India's economy size..
M: told them the GDP value.

D: Who comes after India ?
M : o terri :crazyeye:.. told that I guess Its New Zealand.. I am not very sure

D: ANd how do you calculate PPP
M: Ab iski hi kami reh gayi thi.. I dint know the calculation part.. but told what PPP is..

He looks at the others and asks if they have questions.. they were tired of looking at me.. and said NO

Ok Abhishek, Thanks you may leave.

Dont know what to make out of it.. I am just scared of my extempore performance.. Seniors please advise

I really liked you post...and specially the way you took it up.
I hope you convert the call.:new_bat_angel:

I hope others who got a PI call fro FMS would continue with the stuff.

Cheers
Chirantan

@perseus000

was anyone absent in ur group?
how many wore business suits?
how did lord rama come in between?does abhishek mean ram?

Hey,

Few Ques,

1) What all documents are required ?

2) which all documents are we supposed to get attested.

3) How long does the whole process take ?

Thanks

@perseus000

was anyone absent in ur group?
how many wore business suits?
how did lord rama come in between?does abhishek mean ram?

well abhishek does not mean ram...but coronation in hindi means rajya-abhishek...so i guess tis is where t topic also came frm...

Hey ny delhities?
Want 2 kno hw much time it wil take 2 go from fms to IGI AIRPORT & hw can i reach dere?

@perseus000 : gr8 for chipping in ur experience.

other puys please put up ur experiences (especially the extempore topics)
eagerly awaiting them.

For all those waiting for extempore topics.. I am listing a few from yesterday below.

Coronation of Lord Ram
Pen is mightier than sword
Bliss
Hearts go fonder when distance increases
Woman's place is at home