[2009-11] Welingkar Mumbai GD/PI Calls and Related discussion

Hi Guys, I am not sure whether there is already a thread exclusively for people who have got calls from WE School this season. So kindly make use of this thread for GD/PI queries and related discussions. Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am not sure whether there is already a thread exclusively for people who have got calls from WE School this season.

So kindly make use of this thread for GD/PI queries and related discussions.

Thanks

wats d cutoff?????????/

Only God Almighty in Heaven Knows, I didn't get a call at 94.44%.

thats y m asking...me too nt in vd 93.39.....welingkar ki itni demand hogyi k usne cat ko neglect kardiya

Guys I know having 81 & 74%iles have got in, must be because they entered their CET marks in or who knows, just the plain arrogance Welingkar's so famous for.

yeah even i with 94.18%ile have not got a call
i was so surprised dat i called these guys 2 confirm
then it was confirmed
m shocked god knows wat criteria these ppl have

Visited Welingkar today and the person I spoke to showed me almost 12-15 chits in which visitors with as high as 97%ile haven't gotten calls.
She also justified saying that this year they've gotten people with too much work experience so freshers aren't being called much or the guys being called might've scored high in CET, I replied saying that CAT should be taken off from next year then or they should appologize or refund the money of people who have registered only through CAT!!!
She was speechless.

Visited Welingkar today and the person I spoke to showed me almost 12-15 chits in which visitors with as high as 97%ile haven't gotten calls.
She also justified saying that this year they've gotten people with too much work experience so freshers aren't being called much or the guys being called might've scored high in CET, I replied saying that CAT should be taken off from next year then or they should appologize or refund the money of people who have registered only through CAT!!!
She was speechless.

I have got a call through ATMA and cet score. I scored 97.95 and 96 percentile respectively. I m a fresher too. I suppose this time they are going for cet score only.

^Good For You Buddy.

swatich11 Says
I have got a call through ATMA and cet score. I scored 97.95 and 96 percentile respectively. I m a fresher too. I suppose this time they are going for cet score only.

but u can think wat will be the difference between the quality of students havin 97 in cat/xat and 97 in atma/cet...
no offences meant...but it is reality
but u can think wat will be the difference between the quality of students havin 97 in cat/xat and 97 in atma/cet...
no offences meant...but it is reality

The differnce is those ppl were intelligent enuff to give atma/cet.But the exam structure of all the 3 examz [cat,atma,cet] is very differnt, so it would be highly incorrect to assume tht a 95%tiler in cat is more intelligent than a 95%tiler in cet/atma[ as the cat candidate may not be as gud at reasoning and visuals as the cet candidate]
dentobizz Says
The differnce is those ppl were intelligent enuff to give atma/cet.But the exam structure of all the 3 examz [cat,atma,cet] is very differnt, so it would be highly incorrect to assume tht a 95%tiler in cat is more intelligent than a 95%tiler in cet/atma[ as the cat candidate may not be as gud at reasoning and visuals as the cet candidate]

No one is questioning the Intelligence of Students who've given MAT/CET, What I infer from his above statement was "Quality" of students, meaning the number of students giving the exam along with the competetiveness from amongst the whole of India etc results in a slightly better deserving number of students albeit I also think that the CAT pattern is HIGHLY Skewed towards only the number crunching ability of a person be it QA/DI.
The only gripe that people here have is Welingkar mentioning CAT as their qualifying criteria and not selecting a single student whose given only CAT as a score.....isnt that Cheating?
No one is questioning the Intelligence of Students who've given MAT/CET, What I infer from his above statement was "Quality" of students, meaning the number of students giving the exam along with the competetiveness from amongst the whole of India etc results in a slightly better deserving number of students albeit I also think that the CAT pattern is HIGHLY Skewed towards only the number crunching ability of a person be it QA/DI.
The only gripe that people here have is Welingkar mentioning CAT as their qualifying criteria and not selecting a single student whose given only CAT as a score.....isnt that Cheating?

i cant really comment on their selection standards, as ppl with 95% cat+1 yr work ex have got a call,but with 97% or 98% havent.i also know of ppl, who have 97 and 94.5 in cet no work ex and have got calls.so cant say whether their inclination is towards work ex,aceds or just scores.

hi guys,
I scored 90.47%ile in cat and i have not applied thru cet but i have got a call.. i m a fresher too.
so dont know wat exactly is there criteria..just thot shud inform u all about it..

dentobizz Says
i cant really comment on their selection standards, as ppl with 95% cat+1 yr work ex have got a call,but with 97% or 98% havent.i also know of ppl, who have 97 and 94.5 in cet no work ex and have got calls.so cant say whether their inclination is towards work ex,aceds or just scores.

Bro, rumor has it that WEschool has segmented seats exam wise. as in Say N number of seats for CET, N for ATMA, and N for CAT...
So theyre taking only the best of the crop....

I made it at my pathetic scores!! :cheers:

P.S. Applied thru both CAT & CET
hi guys,
I scored 90.47%ile in cat and i have not applied thru cet but i have got a call.. i m a fresher too.
so dont know wat exactly is there criteria..just thot shud inform u all about it..

You applied for both Mumbai and Bangalore or only Bangalore?
Also, are your acads outstanding?
Coz then its justified to select someone with Extremely, Superfluously Great Acads and a Good CAT Score, innit?
dentobizz Says

HEY a frnd wid 86.** and 20 months worjex has a got a call can any1 explain the reason 4 this
You applied for both Mumbai and Bangalore or only Bangalore?
Also, are your acads outstanding?
Coz then its justified to select someone with Extremely, Superfluously Great Acads and a Good CAT Score, innit?

my acads are as follows:
Xth: 85%
XIIth: 58%
BCA: 77%
so as u can see not much great acads.. but i have applied for both mumbai and bangalore campus..

hmm Not Bad!! Quite a Good GPA if Counted on the 3 exams aggregate.
Anyways, Only thing I or We can do is blame our Luck(s)!!?!
ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR GD & PI's 😉