[2009-11] SPJIMR Call getters Profile & Group Interview related Discussions

*@All, This thread is meant for all discussions related to SPJIMR 2009-11 PGDM (2 year flagship MBA course) Admission Interviews. Please don’t spam the thread with speculative posts on any topic whatsoever. The 1st shortlist based on pro…

@All,

This thread is meant for all discussions related to SPJIMR 2009-11 PGDM (2 year flagship MBA course) Admission Interviews. Please don't spam the thread with speculative posts on any topic whatsoever.

The 1st shortlist based on profiles, as mentioned on the website shall be released tomorrow 15th January 2009.

Use this thread to share information about the institute, things that you should know before appearing for the interviews, tips for the interviews, clarifying doubts etc.

Myself, Manik and 1-2 other ADCOM members will be here to help you out.

Good luck.
Hope to see most of you on campus in a few months time!!

@ All,

Please go through the following link for information regarding last year's interviews. It might clarify some of your lingering doubts straightaway before you raise it here.

SPJIMR Call getters Profile & Group Interview related Discussions

Cheers!

Dear Ajay,

I have a question I had scored badly in Cat 2008 and dint try Xat2009,I have got 4 yeras of workex in banking(iob and icici) .Do you think i can get an admission based on the profile?

Dear Ajay,

I have a question I had scored badly in Cat 2008 and dint try Xat2009,I have got 4 yeras of workex in banking(iob and icici) .Do you think i can get an admission based on the profile?

I think this thread is not for this discussion, you can follow http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-2011-spjimr-admissions-related-queries-discussions-25033802 for this discussion...atb

What time will the list be out!!!

Lets hope by Midnite..
All d best..

i've got low score in cat 2008 and applied in sp jain... do you think they'll can me for an interview or not... my cat 2008 is 49 percentage.

tobi Says
i've got low score in cat 2008 and applied in sp jain... do you think they'll can me for an interview or not... my cat 2008 is 49 percentage.

if u mean 49 percentage than it is more than enough but if u mean 49 percentile, i fear definitely no chance...now plz dont ask whatz the difference b/w percentage & percentile...

hey thanks for telling me... thought as much... its 49 percentile only... i guess i've no hope of getting into sp jain... which colleges can i opt for ? is there any possibility for applying in a decent college this year or not?
qa-74
di/la-26
va-49
oa-49

hey thanks for telling me... thought as much... its 49 percentile only... i guess i've no hope of getting into sp jain... which colleges can i opt for ? is there any possibility for applying in a decent college this year or not?
qa-74
di/la-26
va-49
oa-49

With 49 percentile u will not end up in a ok types college let alone decent or good, I m sorry but this is ground reality...I think u should prepare one more time seriously to get a decent percentile...
Now we should stop this discussion as this thread is for spjimr gd/pi discussion, so i request to u and all others (including myself ) that please refrain from posting any other question or comment in this thread (in everyone's interest)... thanks.

Hi ajay

Assuming I hav a good profile.... My CAT score is 96.52%le... 90%le in QA 99.81%le in VA and only 44.44 in QA.. Will my chances at SPJIMR be hampered by tis... Nw cmng to the qn of profile.. I hav 2 national level certificates... One in creative writing and one in english proficiency.. Selected as one among 70 students in India as Google campus ambassador and hav a diploma in Karate awarded by Japan Karate association of India... Acads.. Topper in college days and among top 3 in skool... 83.1%agg.. BSc Psychology... No wrk ex... I hav applied for marketing.. Wat re my chances.. I hav been tryin to post tis for the past 3 days.. Nt been able 2.. Pl reply

Hi ajay

Assuming I hav a good profile.... My CAT score is 96.52%le... 90%le in QA 99.81%le in VA and only 44.44 in QA.. Will my chances at SPJIMR be hampered by tis... Nw cmng to the qn of profile.. I hav 2 national level certificates... One in creative writing and one in english proficiency.. Selected as one among 70 students in India as Google campus ambassador and hav a diploma in Karate awarded by Japan Karate association of India... Acads.. Topper in college days and among top 3 in skool... 83.1%agg.. BSc Psychology... No wrk ex... I hav applied for marketing.. Wat re my chances.. I hav been tryin to post tis for the past 3 days.. Nt been able 2.. Pl reply

Please use the following thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-2011-spjimr-admissions-related-queries-discussions-25033802 for this discussion or pm the concerned person.
Now I request one more time to all of u that please keep in mind that this thread is for gd/pi related discussion (whenever list will come out, god knows its 7 a.m. in the morning and no sign of it) as it becomes irritating to myself and may be for many others also to read off topic when there is already a thread for everything or can be started. Thanks ...
Hi ajay

I guess you have a great chance. It's difficult to predict what exactly SP Jain looks for when they give out profile based calls, but when I was a fresher a couple of years back, I did get a call from them for marketing, and I didn't have any national level awards either unlike yourself. Keep your fingers crossed - thye results shouldn't be too far away now.

Best of luck!

You people have any idea when (what time) they will shortlist peole for profile based calls???

The list is out. Check here - SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai

RESULTS OUT !!! CHECK UP GUYS !!!
I got finance call ...

As expected didt get a call
i have only 7 mnths experience & opted for operations & manufacturing
got 98+% in CAT so hoping for 2 list shortlist..
as i said yesterday itself i won get shortlisted & today it happened the same
Didnt get shortlisted
so the new year didnt start off well...
Feeling bogged down..
dont wanna appear for MFc exam this sunday
Anyways Alll the best to all who got calls..
Good luck

RESULTS OUT !!! CHECK UP GUYS !!!
I got finance call ...

Congrats Suhas ...

Wud u like to share your profile with u s,
i was expecting a call in finance , but didnt get one .

cogratualtions guys who made it,
I have made it for Manufacturing and operation.

Regards,
Yogesh