[2009-11] MBE Delhi University, Admission Queries

The Department of Business Economics, University of Delhi South Campus invites applications for its 36th batch of Master of Business Economics. Founded in 1973, the Department of Business Economics pioneered the Masters Program in Bus…

The Department of Business Economics, University of Delhi South Campus invites applications for its 36th batch of Master of Business Economics.

Founded in 1973, the Department of Business Economics pioneered the Masters Program in Business Economics, MBE,
patterned on a similar program conducted by Harvard Business School. Since then, the Department has established itself as one of Indias leading centers of excellence in business education and research.

The Master of Business Economics programme with its emphasis on adding value to business with application of economic principles, performs the unique role of bridging the gap between theoretical economics and business administration. The course imparts economic skills and problem-solving competencies necessary to deal with challenges posed by the increasingly complex and rapidly changing business environment.
The entrance test notification is out and so is the thread for queries related to get into this prestigious program. Shoot out your queries related to admission, entrance test, course structure and whatever you feel you should know about the program.
For more details on the same please visit the official website

thansk for the new thread , as the day is getting closer quries will increase. i wanted to know that is there any sectional cutoff in the exam ,

hiteshy555 Says
thansk for the new thread , as the day is getting closer quries will increase. i wanted to know that is there any sectional cutoff in the exam ,

Hi Hiteshy

There is no sectional cutoff but you need to show your competence in all sections without which its difficult to c=score high and The merit goes high that you cant afford to ignore any section. All the Best

Amit

hey first of all thanx alot for solving our queries........u doin agreat job man....

now here goes my query.......

do u think that doin mat previous year papers will help.......is difficulty level equivalent to mat or more then that.........
n wat according to u shud be the minimum no. of attempts......

can u plz give some data ..about the no. of people appearing for the exam last year..??
percentage of students called for gd/pi ?

about the test ...wht is the score generally need for a general candidate??

hey first of all thanx alot for solving our queries........u doin agreat job man....

now here goes my query.......

do u think that doin mat previous year papers will help.......is difficulty level equivalent to mat or more then that.........
n wat according to u shud be the minimum no. of attempts......

Hey thanx .

To answer your query. The Paper resembles more to the FMS except the maths section which might be togher as that consits some higher maths questioms like stats calculus etc. And theres another section for GK which has more of economics and business questions.

Cant say about minimum no. of attempts that depends on accuracy level but i must say merit is very high so try to attempt atleast 90% of the question (Thats my personal opinion)
can u plz give some data ..about the no. of people appearing for the exam last year..??
percentage of students called for gd/pi ?

about the test ...wht is the score generally need for a general candidate??

HI,

Dont have official figure but i think last year the no. of candifates appeared were 8k -10k and 120 people were called for second round based on merit rank.

The cutoff and no. of attempts has never been disclosed so cant say about that but as i said earliar the merit is very high atleat try to attempt 90% of the question with high accuracy.

Isn't 90% too much??? maximum paper that needs to be attempted in other exams is 65 %..

what is the batch profile in the current session??

HI,

Dont have official figure but i think last year the no. of candifates appeared were 8k -10k and 120 people were called for second round based on merit rank.

The cutoff and no. of attempts has never been disclosed so cant say about that but as i said earliar the merit is very high atleat try to attempt 90% of the question with high accuracy.
Isn't 90% too much??? maximum paper that needs to be attempted in other exams is 65 %..

what is the batch profile in the current session??

Hi Bharat,

The number of attempts will generally depend upon the difficulty level of the paper. The paper usually is fairly simple. Just try to attempt as much questions as possible with a high accuracy rate and you will coast ur way into MBE

Anything over 130 attempts with a 90 % accuracy may be considered a very gud attempt.

As far as the batch profile goes....its skewed towards ppl having Eco....the mix also includes ppl from all academic backgrounds like Arts, Commerce, BBA, Science, Engg etc.

For exact details you can refer to the placement brochure located in the MBE website.

Plz revert back if you hv further querries

if paper resembles FMS, then does it mean v r gonna hav passages of 2 pages each

dont say this man.........

n i have some queries regarding the form......

Its written there that v need to paste the attested photographs on the form.....now my question is do v need to paste self attested photograph or attested by officer

n 2nd query is.......guys wat shud v write in the sop.....
It says " where do u c urself after doin MBE"

help guys

if paper resembles FMS, then does it mean v r gonna hav passages of 2 pages each

dont say this man.........

Hi wcf

The paper resembles FMS Test in the level of difficulty.
Though Im pretty sure that the RC passages were certainly not what FMS threw at its aspirants last year :|

So relax and try to revise the formulas and word list...they wud surely come in handy and keep a regular grasp of the business events as they take place

As far as attested photographs and certificates is concerned.....you need to get the same attested. Do not send self attested copies.

SOP shd essentially oversee your long term and short term goals. You need to spend some time and try to see how you see MBE helping you achieve your career goals. Rest is basically all gas

Is it necessary to be from an Eco (H) background for MBE offered by DU??...
I am a Computers Grad...Am i eligible to apply for MBE??..

Is it necessary to be from an Eco (H) background for MBE offered by DU??...
I am a Computers Grad...Am i eligible to apply for MBE??..

Hi Shankla,

It is not necessary to be an Eco grad to apply to the MBE course.
You just need to be a Graduate with the minimum required %
Hi wcf

The paper resembles FMS Test in the level of difficulty.
Though Im pretty sure that the RC passages were certainly not what FMS threw at its aspirants last year :|

So relax and try to revise the formulas and word list...they wud surely come in handy and keep a regular grasp of the business events as they take place

As far as attested photographs and certificates is concerned.....you need to get the same attested. Do not send self attested copies.

SOP shd essentially oversee your long term and short term goals. You need to spend some time and try to see how you see MBE helping you achieve your career goals. Rest is basically all gas

well thanx buddy for u reply......

i'l formulate the sop quickly n pm u for review
n sory but that certificate point is not clear.......do u wana say that it shud be attested by some officer....n i m from gen catagory....i dont hav to give ne certificate
well thanx buddy for u reply......

i'l formulate the sop quickly n pm u for review
n sory but that certificate point is not clear.......do u wana say that it shud be attested by some officer....n i m from gen catagory....i dont hav to give ne certificate

Hi wcf,

General category candidates do not need to get any certificates.
But you still need to get the admit card and the photo attested from any registered officer.

SOP for reference.....

SOP for reference......

ami_goel Says
SOP for reference......

Hi Amit,

Thanx for sparing some time to help out MBE aspirant. The SOP uploaded by you is a good piece but i feel not enough for MBE. So whosoever wants to take a cue from specimen feel free to do so but remembre you have to think about yourself and then pen down why you as person feel fit for this course and how can you convince people that you are made for this course which will add on value in your personality positively

So think and write. If yu got ythrough for second round there might be some questions from SOP as well.

PS: Puys who dont know about Amit Goel, should know that He was about to join MBE but at the last minute felt IRMA fits better in his long term goals.

Regards,
Amit
Hi wcf,

General category candidates do not need to get any certificates.
But you still need to get the admit card and the photo attested from any registered officer.

thanx buddy........i think a doc or a ca can attest the form.....

thanx