[2009-10] Ask TAPMI Manipal: Official Query thread by Prof Sudeep Kumar

Hello all, Please welcome back Prof Sudeep S Kumar, Associate Professor and Admissions Coordinator of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal for his second year on the PaGaLGuY forums! Like last year, Prof Kumar will answer all your ques…

Hello all,

Please welcome back Prof Sudeep S Kumar, Associate Professor and Admissions Coordinator of TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal for his second year on the PaGaLGuY forums!

Like last year, Prof Kumar will answer all your questions about getting an admission into TAPMI, the facilities, faculty and placements at TAPMI. So if you have been interested in applying to TAPMI, here is your chance to get your queries answered from a person of authority.

How does it work?

1. First go through the thread to see if a question similar to yours has already been asked and answered.
  2. If not, you post your questions about TAPMI, Manipal here by hitting the 'Post Reply' button on top.
  3. Prof Kumar, who will keep a watchful eye on this thread will answer all your queries on a regular basis.
  4. So once you post your question, you can come back to this thread in a couple of days to find your answer or even better, Subscribe to this thread by clicking on the 'Thread tools' link on the top-right side at the top of the thread to receive updates on your email.

Prof Kumar's ID is Admissions@TAPMI

Good luck to all!

hi sir,
please inform about the separate admission test for non-mathematical background students.
i am from medical background and i want to apply for both regular pgdm and also for healthcare,will i have to apply twice??

Dear Anjali,
We accept CAT/GMAT scores for short-listing candidates for all the 4 programmes.However,to offset the disadvantage faced by candidates from medical/paramedical/bio-medical/biotech background while taking CAT,we have decided to select some candidates through a separate Admission test for PGDM(Healthcare Management) alone.In your case since you want to try for more than one programme,you should be writing both.After you apply,you shall be intimated the center/venue of the separate Admission test.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Sir, TAPMI is starting 3 new programs. So, can we expect the lower cut off for these courses,and how much can it be?

Dear aspirant,
Last year we had shortlisted about 1200 candidates for GD/PI when our intake was just 120(i.e about 1:10).This time when we are planning for an intake of 360,we would look at 10 times that number for GD/PI and obviously then the cut-offs would be much lower.However,I cannot hazard a guess because at this stage,I would never know the CAT score the 3600th applicant to TAPMI would get.Good luck.
Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Can any one tell me , what we need to fill in the form agaist the query CAT Centre ?

can u plzz tell me that does through a single application form we can apply to multiple or all d programs dt r bng offered ds year like regular and sectoral pgdm s or we need 2 procure multiple application forms for the process.. can u plzz help out..thnx in advance...

Dear Amodh,
Against the query on CAT center,you have to just enter the name of the city/town where you would appear for the test.Good luck.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Dear Sanmoy22,
You could apply for all the programmes using the same Application form.Good luck.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Hello sir
I have done my m.sc in life sciences from kmc,manipal n now i m interested in joining healthcare management course of tapmi,,please tell me more about the entrance test, number of seats, scope and the placement assistance provided after this course...
thanks

Dear Zaheer,
For the PGDM(Heathcare Management) also we propose to select some candidates through the regular CAT/GMAT stream and the others with Medical/Paramedical /Biotech/Biomedical background through a separate Admission test which would be held in Jan/Feb 2010.The modalities as well as eligibility norms are being decided.After applying,you may be in touch with us for further information.
As regards prospects,it is bright because some our recruiters in the past had even expressed desire to absorb students with such a background.
Placement support is available across all programmes.Good luck.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

dear sir
thanks for ur prompt n informative reply.
please tell me how to apply for this course? is the prospectus the same one as that of tapmi?
also tell me the no. of seats in this course

thanks

Dear Zaheer,
Right now,the Application form which is on sale,is the common one we have for all programmes, for use by CAT/GMAT candidates.You could buy this if you are appearing for any of the two exams.
The Application form to be used for the separate TAPMI Admission test would be available as hard/soft copy in a few days time.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Sir, what do academics play role while giving gd/pi calls? Do any candidate with less than 60 in 12th,bt wid above cut off score hav any chance?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Dear aspirant,
Last year we had screened candidates with the min CAT/GMAT cut-offs for GD/PI and thereafter assigned weightages for scores in various parameters like Personal-interview/GD/academic record/work-exp/section-wise scores for CAT/GMAT etc.
Since GD/PI is slated to be held only in March 2010,it is too early to clarify if we would adopt a similar procedure this year.Probably by Feb.2010,we would be able to give a clear picture.Good luck.

Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

wHAT IS THE TOTAL COURSE FEE FOR PGDM

Dear daydreamer,
The course fee for 2 years is Rs.7.15 lacs including cost of textbooks/course materials.Hostel/mess charges would be extra.Please visit our website www.tapmi.edu.in for more information.
Regards,

Prof.S.Sudeep Kumar

Dear Sir,

Please provide information regarding the new courses in TAPMI.

Especially the Banking & Financial services one.

Does TAPMI have an age limit like some institutes.

Sir
when we talk about "application rating ",which parameters are included in it ?
i have applied for all the courses using a single form,,will the gd/pi call will be common and course alloted on basis of final merit or separate calls for each course will be given ???
thanks in advance