[2008] IISc Bangalore final calls issued.

Hi all, I just received a speed post dated 28 march that i have been offered the admission to MBA. I did not want to increase the anxiety of all but the last day to submit the fees is 11 april so thought no one should miss on this. Best of luck to…

Hi all, I just received a speed post dated 28 march that i have been offered the admission to MBA. I did not want to increase the anxiety of all but the last day to submit the fees is 11 april so thought no one should miss on this. Best of luck to one and all.

congrats mate but did u get any other intimation from thm or just the letter?
we waiting eagerly as well.....
plz gv ur profile and hw ur interview and all went?
thnx in advance///

did any one else also got a letter by now?

congrats mate but did u get any other intimation from thm or just the letter?
we waiting eagerly as well.....
plz gv ur profile and hw ur interview and all went?
thnx in advance///

did any one else also got a letter by now?

Here goes a copy paste from the other thread......after the interview i was not sure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

had my gdpi today,gd topic
sons of soil may be against diversity, but it works.
discussed more about diversity but i think the topic was otherwise. Someone in the group started rightly but then the group went too much into diversity. I also went with the group.
PI.
Tell me about yourself.
Told about myself but they were going through the form.
Why MBA.
Again told.
What is budget.
Told.
What are indirect taxes and direct taxes.
Told about indirect taxes and that direct taxes are the taxes which we as earning members pay.
what is direct tax called(which you pay).
I could not get the question. so someone clarified that there is taxes which corporate pay and which individuals pay. what are they called. I again could not get what was he asking so said that the coporates pay corporates tax. Then he said what do individual pay. Finally i recalled income tax
Now the person retorted. It was such a simple question still you took so long.me -> smile. kya kehta.....What is brand.
Told.
Is your name a brand.
I addded that something which can be sold and is popular then it is called a brand.
what is brand equity.
I said the value associated with the brand. He noded. dont know if it was correct.
what is cost benefit analysis
me: ??????
what is benefit to cost ratio.
I said i do not know but i think it can be related to P/E ratio as benefit -> earnings and Cost -> Price. He took a while to get the analogy going but did not approve of the same.so i said in lay man terms cost is so and so and benefit is so and so.How do you calculate benefit cost. I did not know.
one simple geometrical problem which i solved. then some questions of work ex and some technicalities of programming languages like what are executable files.
I said i am not sure but the programs gets converted from high language to assembly language and the final executable program could be called executable files
I checked it later. I think i was artially correct.
then he asked do you know any languages which does not need compilation.i said that assembly languages do not need compilation.
He specifically asked about any high level language.
I said i am not aware of any other language. later checked it to be PHP and scripts. I think he was trying to go into scripts.
. then it ended. I felt it was okish. but while i was going back i saw the face of associate chairman who was sitting in the middle of 3 other professors. he made a face as if he was not sure of to take me or throw me out talking to the other members. I think i will not make it considering the conversion ratio to be 10 -> 1. Letc what happens.

To be honest even u realise ur interview wasnt a perfect sorts....and ur GD as per u was ok sorts...
wt u think was tht made u sail thru..
wts ur profile like...can u plz let me knw..i knw m asking questions u mght have answered long back..

did u make it some place else as well? or is ths frst convert for u?

To be honest even u realise ur interview wasnt a perfect sorts....and ur GD as per u was ok sorts...
wt u think was tht made u sail thru..
wts ur profile like...can u plz let me knw..i knw m asking questions u mght have answered long back..

did u make it some place else as well? or is ths frst convert for u?

Nothing great in work ex, 18 months in the same mundane software jobs. about what made the difference i think, i made attempts to answer the questions. I am sure no one would have know cost benefit analysis because it is a part of marketing, and the prof i tallied later was principle research scientist, marketing, so i think few question they asked were not expected out of me. overall i was feeling good, till i saw there faces while coming out which i did not like, but in the end i think they were more worried about weather i will join them or not because they asked this question in the very start of the interview, about other converts, I am waitlisted at IIFT with a not so good number, so as of now joining for sure. i hope i have answered all your questions. take a chill pill.....ATB

keeping fingesr crossed for the result...plz paste list wenevr it appears ...i m quite nervous now wth only 19 more seats to look forward to....u enjoy mate...

fultoo_bakar Says
Hi all, I just received a speed post dated 28 march that i have been offered the admission to MBA. I did not want to increase the anxiety of all but the last day to submit the fees is 11 april so thought no one should miss on this. Best of luck to one and all.

hi fultoo bakar..

hearty congrats for ur admission :D
hey but hw come the IISc results are out! They are not displayed on the website. Seems they have just sent the final admission offer letters.
neways that too is surprising coz IIT B delayed their final results citing the reason that all IITs n IISc have decided to come out with the results on or only after 7th april.
congrats once again though 😁
hi fultoo bakar..

hearty congrats for ur admission :D
hey but hw come the IISc results are out! They are not displayed on the website. Seems they have just sent the final admission offer letters.
neways that too is surprising coz IIT B delayed their final results citing the reason that all IITs n IISc have decided to come out with the results on or only after 7th april.
congrats once again though :D

Hii fultoo bakar and all my seniors ,
I am absolutely dumbstruck by this event.First they say results will be out after 7th april and now they have brought out the list before april only.Adding to that they have not displayed the list on their website.
Seniors if possible please bring the PDF list on the web.Please do not add to our tensions.......
Fultoo bakar congrats dude ........ only 19 seats left now.Hope the institute realizes the agony if they are sending letters like this ?
P.S : What happens if a letter reaches after 11 th april ,will the candidate be rejected ?

Hey fultoo_bakar congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Senoirs plz try to get the complete list and post it!!! Other puys who have made it tp IISc plz post so that there is a count... All the best for others waitin like me.........

Hi Guys,

I havent converted the call....I called up the IISc office at the number 080 2293 2210.....and they told me that i havent made it....so you guys can individually call up and find out....all the best to the others....

Same here. Haven't made it. With a good interview and GD, I was hoping that I would convert this....anyway, congrats to all call getters! Bye bye IISc!

Hi Guys,

I havent converted the call....I called up the IISc office at the number 080 2293 2210.....and they told me that i havent made it....so you guys can individually call up and find out....all the best to the others....

me 2 called the office. not selected.....

got the letter on 29th.:)

Hii fultoo bakar and all my seniors ,
I am absolutely dumbstruck by this event.First they say results will be out after 7th april and now they have brought out the list before april only.Adding to that they have not displayed the list on their website.
Seniors if possible please bring the PDF list on the web.Please do not add to our tensions.......
Fultoo bakar congrats dude ........ only 19 seats left now.Hope the institute realizes the agony if they are sending letters like this ?
P.S : What happens if a letter reaches after 11 th april ,will the candidate be rejected ?

First of all, congos to all call getters...
To answer your queries, i me must say that the institute does not display the list in their site. Atleast they have'nt done that till now. So one thing we can do for u is to get that list, that we hope will get it soon. Other thing is that u can call up the office @ 080-22932310 as already listed by one guy.
No need to worry about the letter getting delayed in reaching you as the post office functions more efficiently than u think.:) Anyways u can check up with the office to confirm any thing.
All the best for others awaiting results.:thumbsup:For all others who converted the call,its the party time:cheers:
First of all, congos to all call getters...
To answer your queries, i me must say that the institute does not display the list in their site. Atleast they have'nt done that till now. So one thing we can do for u is to get that list, that we hope will get it soon. Other thing is that u can call up the office @ 080-22932310 as already listed by one guy.
No need to worry about the letter getting delayed in reaching you as the post office functions more efficiently than u think.:) Anyways u can check up with the office to confirm any thing.
All the best for others awaiting results.:thumbsup:For all others who converted the call,its the party time:cheers:

sir plz make it quick...m reallt tense now. wen can we expect list from u guys?i called but its 6 now so no one picking the phn now. plz anxiety will kill me..

Have got the call too

GD was good. PI - I was the only one not wearing a tie. It was quite relaxed - like a coffee table discussion.

Happy I made it and am taking it up. Have nothing else in hand till MDI results come out.

Congrats to all call getters...

Me too have got an admission ...

Congrats to all call getters...

Me too have got an admission ...

Again congratulations to all call getters. To help yourself to know more about your prospective batchmates, all call getters, please post your profiles here in the following order.
Full Name :
Educational qualifications :
Work Ex :
GD topic :
PI - Which panel(Eco/Stats) :
Hobbies :
Probability that u wud join:

Hi ..
me too rejected (and dejected too ) I thought I had a good GD and PI ... Congrats to all selected candidates ........ IITs are the only hope 4 me now ....... Good luck to all and byebye IISc .......
Was really dejected that I did not make it ...... It was the best among all my interviews.........