[2008]IIM Ahmedabad GD/PI call getters Profile & Queries

Hi All, Congratulations on crossing the first hurdle to stepping into our brick walled campus. A job well done, which definitely deserves a pat on the back, but remember the job is only half done and from now on its a race among equals to the…

Hi All,

Congratulations on crossing the first hurdle to stepping into our brick walled campus. A job well done, which definitely deserves a pat on the back, but remember the job is only half done and from now on its a race among equals to the finish. So relax not till your interviews are done. However from our side we'll try and assist you as much as we can to make this phase of the selection more comfortable.

You may use this thread to get to know your fellow call-getters and also have your doubts about the institute and the next phase of the process clarified.

Let's get started with a round of introductions - Here's a template you could follow:

Class X
Class XII
Undergrad & other qualifications
Hobbies/Extra Curricular interests
Workex
... feel free to add anything else you may like

Please refer to the post below(post#10) for answers to basic queries.

Congratulations again and best of luck for the weeks ahead.

Cheers

never in my life did i think i could post on a thread which was for A call getters....but i guess such is life.

so heres my profile...just avg but i would be banking upon my communication skills..hopefully they'll hold me in good stead..nazar na lage:)

10th: 87.6 % (CBSE, DPS RKP)
12th: 88.4 % (same)
UG: NSIT, mfg process n automation,69.9%
work ex :nil

oa percentile: 99.4 (95.6 in qa, 99.2 in va, 96.75 in di)

placements: grail research, market and financial related analytics work(bas itna hi pata hai abhi:)

hobbies: blogging (made it to add in this column:), singing, bollywood
decent xtra curriculars...certis in fests and all.

looking forward to a healthy and wise discussion.

Hi!
My scores:
QA:99.8
VA:99.47
DI:99.63
OA:99.97

Calls: BLACKI

10th: 86%
12th: 83%
I am currently in final year of computer science at IIT Roorkee with a GPA of 8.2/10.
Internship: Goldman Sachs(technology)
Final Placement: Lehman Brothers (Capital Markets Analyst) My professional interests include Economics & finance(Investment Banking). My hobbies are cricket & debating.
No major extra currics as such. I'm a little worried about my ordinary 10th/12th scores. Of course there is no official info, but does anybody have any idea as to how much they matter?

Hi,
My profile

Class X ---82%
Class XII ----77%
Undergrad ----IIT Bombay 2005 (Metallurgy and Materials Sc.)
Hobbies/Extra Curricular interests--- Playing Guitar, Movies, Novels,
Workex--- 2.5 yrs (as on jan 200

Is IIMA flexible about their interview dates, I have my brother's wedding on the day of interview.
any idea whom should I contact.:confused:

Regards,
Vishal Sharma

Congratulations puys for cracking this one.

Please feel free to ask any doubt what so ever you have in your mind. One would surely want to approach this GD/PI call with the best of preparation.

All the best.

Hi,
My profile

Class X ---82%
Class XII ----77%
Undergrad ----IIT Bombay 2005 (Metallurgy and Materials Sc.)
Hobbies/Extra Curricular interests--- Playing Guitar, Movies, Novels,
Workex--- 2.5 yrs (as on jan 200

Is IIMA flexible about their interview dates, I have my brother's wedding on the day of interview.
any idea whom should I contact.:confused:

Regards,
Vishal Sharma

The site where you saw the GD/PI venue details should have the Admissions office number. You can get in touch with them and see if it works out. It has happened in the past but for medical reasons only.

All the best.
Hi!
My scores:
QA:99.8
VA:99.47
DI:99.63
OA:99.97

10th: 86%
12th: 83%
I am currently in final year of computer science at IIT Roorkee with a GPA of 8.2/10.
Internship: Goldman Sachs(technology)
Final Placement: Lehman Brothers (Capital Markets Analyst) My professional interests include Economics & finance(Investment Banking). My hobbies are cricket & debating.
No major extra currics as such. I'm a little worried about my ordinary 10th/12th scores. Of course there is no official info, but does anybody have any idea as to how much they matter?

Dnt worry about your scores dude. You cannot change them:). I think they are good.
How much do they matter? I am pretty sure no one can tell you that:).

All the best.

Hi all

Congratulations on getting the IIM A Interview / GD Call.

Some tips:

1) Be well informed about stuff happening around you, business and non - business stuff.

2) Make sure that you know everything about what you fill on the form that will be given to you. If you mention your hobby is blogging for eg, then be ready for a long discussion on blogs just in case.

feel free to pm Me or post queries on this thread.

ag1

Hi all

Congratulations on getting the IIM A Interview / GD Call.

Some tips:

1) Be well informed about stuff happening around you, business and non - business stuff.

2) Make sure that you know everything about what you fill on the form that will be given to you. If you mention your hobby is blogging for eg, then be ready for a long discussion on blogs just in case.

feel free to pm Me or post queries on this thread.

ag1

Just to add.
It would help if you can go through last years GD/PI experiences.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-ahmedabad-gd-pi-experiences-for-2007-2009-batch-25021201

Congos to everyone on getting a call.

Lets get down to business

Basic fundaes to avoid repetition:

GD
- has been Case based only and extends to one page at max.Will be extremely straightforward (no brilliant deductions/analysis required, its mostly about communication :D) You get about 5 mins to think, 20 mins to discuss and a written summary at the end. Most people do not finish the summary and it is commonly believed that this negatively impairs your chances for a final call. There are about 9-10 members to a GD.

PI - An Ahd interview is in most cases all about 'the form', so spend maximum time on it..The A & I forms are similar and Loooong and will be reaching you soon.

And then some more fundae....

1) Find a decent set of people through PG or otherwise(classes) and practice cases. You can find a lot of cases on threads of previous years.

2) In the first couple of days, spend free time at office 'productively' by looking through the GD-PI experiences of the last couple of years. You can also read the last year's queries thread for more 'gyaan'. That will give you a general idea of what to expect.

As ismbaneeded posted, last years thread is http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...periences.html
Other links for previous years are here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/links-for-gd-pi-experiences-25000720

3) There is a set of 50+ HR/personals questions along with an pretty comprehensive article posted here. Ideally , you should have an idea of what to talk about for most of them.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/interview-tips-must-read-25000272/3458

4) Talk to as many seniors/coaching classes heads as you can find. You can stop, like I did, when they start repeating themselves

5) As far as possible, do post on the thread rather than PM'ing. It avoids repetition. And as you can see, there are enough people around to reply soon :)

6) Don't worry about your acads/extracurrics/cat score etc. If you excelled at them, good for you. If not, you can hardly do anything about it now, can you? Focus on what you know you are good at and portray that well. Its enough.

Phew, first round of gyaan-spouting dispensed with! ..Do pour in your queries.More fundae specific to gd/pi soon.

Cheers,
Anand

Hi!
My scores:
QA:99.5
VA:99.3
DI:98.75
OA:99.90

Calls: LACKI

10th: 87%(CBSE)
12th: 84%(CBSE)
I am currently in final year of comp sci. at NSIT with about 66%.
Final Placement: CISCO systems.
Interests include Economics & finance(Investment Banking) . My hobbies are F1 & quizzing.
Lots of certis at school level , 2-3 at college level.
No major extra currics as such.

Looking forward for a great 2 months ahead ! Congrats to all the call getters !

congos to all call getters n kudos to all the mighty seniors for their initiative...

I am Sumit Bedi.
----------------
QA - 96.76
DI - 98.97
VA - 99.93

OA - 99.90
---------------

Class X - 87.2%
Class XII - 90.6%

Undergrad & other qualifications - B.E. from P.E.C. Chandigarh in Electronics & Electrical Communication - 66.85%

Workex - 18+ months in ITES
---------------------------------------------------------------------

that was all that is gone... :wink:

now talking of the next step, I have categorized the things to do in the following manner :

1. Clarity in future goals (Why MBA n stuff)
2. Current Affairs and General Awarenes
3. Work-ex related
4. Academics related

Please add any particular aspect that I have missed out on...

have many more queries for the seniors but, to start with would like their suggestions on the approach to prepare for the Acads part...

Hi,
Congrats to everyone for their IIMA calls

My Profile:

CAT Scores:
QA- 97.73%
DI- 99.63%
VA- 96.97%
OA- 99.74%

Calls : BLACKI

Xth- 84.4% (CBSE)
XIIth- 84% (CBSE)
B.Tech- Elec Engg. IIT, Kanpur (2003 passout) CGPA-9.3
Hobbies- Badminton, Dancing, Movies
Work Experience- 4.5 years.

Cheers!!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for starting the thread.

CAT - 99.68 (96.76, 96.27, 99.77 in QA, DI, VA resp.)

Calls - ACLIK

Profile :
10th - 92% (ICSE)
12th - 86% (Maharashtra State Board)
Engg. - 65% :eh: (Pune University)

Work ex : 16 months at a Software MNC (got some awards & bonus, etc to show here)

Hobbies : Numismatics, Railfanning, Autobiographies (reading them, of course :grin:), Table Tennis

Extra Curriculars : Won a few small awards in inter college events & stuff, but nothing major to write home about

GD/PI Venue Details:
17th Feb at Ahmedabad

Here's my profile:

QA: 96.76
DI: 96.27
VA: 98.93
OA: 99.40
X- 88 CBSE
XII- 93 CBSE
B.Tech- IIT Kharagpur 2005 passout 7.62/10
Extra Curr- Running into pages...with many accolades
Work Ex: 2.5 Years in Investment Banking

Hi!

Congratulations to all IIM A call getters!!

My scores:
QA:99.43
VA:98.77
DI:96.75
OA:99.77

Calls: ACLIK

10th: 91.2%(CBSE)
12th: 81.7%(State Board)
BE (Comp Sc) : 70.3
Work ex : 3.5 years in IT industry (22 months in service and 18 months in product)

My hobbies are Cricket, Movies & quizzing.
Lots of certis at school level.
No major extra currics as such.

And thanks to seniors for helping us with imp info and links.

- Jay

Hi,

Can anyone point me to the link where IIM A gives the GD/PI dates and venues. I am not sure where to find out...Just know that I have been called for GD/PI

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone point me to the link where IIM A gives the GD/PI dates and venues. I am not sure where to find out...Just know that I have been called for GD/PI

Thanks

Admission status: IIMA

Hi everyone!
Chandrima Das here

qa- 98.30%
DI- 98.34%
VA-98.53%

Overall- 99.70%tile

10th-80.8% (Assam board)
12th-88.80% (CBSE)
Graduation- 8.60 CGPA

Currently in my final year at NIT Durgapur (Btech Comp sci)

Tons and tons of extra curriculars, from quizzing and creative writing to playing guitar/singing.