[2008]Get a feel of real GD/PI discussion

Hi puys Lets start preparing now! Pls find the attachment enclosed with this post *This is how it works: * *all puys are requested to download SKYPE software for the next GD session. Here is how we will be working * 1. *Gā€¦

Hi puys

Lets start preparing now! Pls find the attachment enclosed with this post
This is how it works:

all puys are requested to download SKYPE software for the next GD session.
Here is how we will be working

1. GD date & timing will be announced at least 24 hours before the GD.
  2. Every one who is willing to participate will be given a roll number.
  3. All the puys should be online in Y! msngr at requested time.
  4. We will have an CONFERENCE TEXT CHAT their.
  5. In TEXT CONFERENCE myself and other volunteers will divide the available people into group of 5 each with 1 volunteer in each group.
  6. Volunteer will start a new TEXT CONFERENCE in yahoo itself which will involve only the divided groups.
  7. In the new divided conference all the present members are supposed to post their SKYPE id (which can be obtained once the software is downloaded).
  8. Volunteer will add those ids in his/her SKYPE friends list and will start a conference call.
  9. GD BEGINS.
  10. One will act as GD co-ordinator.
  11. The topic will be announced by him and he will call out any one's roll number randomly. He have to start speaking then the co-ordinator will call one more roll number randomly, this way every one's roll number will be called(all randomly). Once every one finishes speaking co-ordinator will conclude
SKYPE file size is approx 20 mb. So puys before the next GD download it and keep it ready.

PS: I am sorry to say this but only puys having broadband connection can participate. Dial up connection doesnt provide good quality as a result of which they wont be able to participate.

Any suggestion and changes are most welcome

Regards
Mady

My Y!msngr id gd4snap (mods pls let this id be here as it will be too difficult for me to collect each and everyone's id)
pls add me in your msngr.

Puys let me know if there are some one who is not able to participate coz of not having broadband connection or coz of not having head phone or coz of some other technical problems. I dont want to leave any one due to this kind of short comings. I will arrange for a text based GD for dos ppl (if there are any of this kind). Do let me know

Regards,
Mady

There are already quite a few thread out there dedicated to GD ...

one of them ... GD Topics - Great Stuff

Possibly you can add to the USP of this thread by discussing GDPI scenarios that are relevant to the Symbiosis branch of schools.

Examples: 1) Last year SIBM gave showed very short video clips to the students and asked them to interpret them in their own way. Maybe we can post a link to some appropriate video from youtube etc.. and people can post their interpretations. It will teach us to tap in to our creative potential.
2) SIBM also gave many GD groups group tasks to do which needed co-operation from all members in order to be achieved.

3) SCMHRD gave various photos (e.g. A Dog with three Tennis Balls in its mouth) and asked the groupto discuss the photograph and give it an appropriate title.

Some things along these lines can help to differentiate this thread from the other GDPI threads...

Regards
Tanveer

hey this is a great initiative from your side
i wud like to be a part of the discussion....
actually lost tch with gds...
if its ok with all participants we can start off asap
last year i was waitin fr the calls and then when the calls came didnt have enuf time to prepare
tryin to be a little proactive this time hence....
we can have the gds on ym
whos collecting the ids

tks
sandhya

hey thats a gr8 initiative.....count me on dude!
anyways i hav already collected some business n economics topics for gd....
will be really helpful for ppl......
n one more thing i think its better to start the discussion with possible 3-4 ppl n the trend will continue as ppl start flooding instead of waiting for them.....wat say?
waiting for the discussion to start:snipersm:

hey thats a gr8 initiative.....count me on dude!
anyways i hav already collected some business n economics topics for gd....
will be really helpful for ppl......
n one more thing i think its better to start the discussion with possible 3-4 ppl n the trend will continue as ppl start flooding instead of waiting for them.....wat say?
waiting for the discussion to start:snipersm:

okay dude thats cool...we will do that...but lets do one thing...we shall wait for 4 3 more guys...you post abt some recent current affair like I did...we shall have 3 more topics from 3 other guys who are participating this discussion...once we are done with that we shall start the discussion...

we shall try having first discussion tomorrow(timings lets all decide together). The discussion will be a normal GD kind(no videos or case study as dat will require few more days).

The roll numbers:

d2rockstar 001

whoever posts the next topic with some info on that will have the number 002 and so on...The list will be updated before GD.

Awaiting a positive response šŸ˜

ROCKING thing bro... even i was thinkin to start my preparations but was unable to do so..

i would have loved to be a part of this but since m in office till 9 o clock in the evening i wont be possible for me to tak part...

so just a request dat after every GD u ppl have summarize all the contents in 1 post .... so it will be helpful for people like me

ROCKING thing bro... even i was thinkin to start my preparations but was unable to do so..

i would have loved to be a part of this but since m in office till 9 o clock in the evening i wont be possible for me to tak part...

so just a request dat after every GD u ppl have summarize all the contents in 1 post .... so it will be helpful for people like me

you post your convenient time dude...it requires jus 20-25 mins...we shall try our best to work wid as many ppl as possible... šŸ˜ƒ
d2rockstar Says
you post your convenient time dude...it requires jus 20-25 mins...we shall try our best to work wid as many ppl as possible... :)

Probably timings between 7-8 pm will be convinient for the working junta:satisfie:....... how abt havin a poll for tht ..

Cheers
d2rockstar Says
you post your convenient time dude...it requires jus 20-25 mins...we shall try our best to work wid as many ppl as possible... :)

i think 9 to 9 30 will be okay with me.... but still get the content in a post for future references also...
Probably timings between 7-8 pm will be convinient for the working junta:satisfie:....... how abt havin a poll for tht ..

Cheers

have pmed the mod to put up a poll with different timings as I am not able to add a poll.
Tanveer... You are confusing yourself by combining different processes.

Regards,
Grondmaster

Sorry Grondie..:)

Mixed up the two..

My apologies!!!

Regards
Tanveer

Hi PGs,

A suggestion from my side...

Instead of having a small group of people to participate the GD and keeping all others out of action, I feel we can involve all of them to come up with the points related to a particular topic.
By doing this way, at any point of time anyone who wants to know abt that topic can visit our thread and get to know abt the topic from the points each of us had put up...

Thus in total we can get an all round exposure to that topic... We can have 5 topics a day Plan some schedule the previous day with the list of the topics and the schedule(time duation) for the same....

Guys Plz correct me if I am wrong... This is our thread....Let this thread to be helpful for even a normal person who has n't done much of practise GD sessions...

Basically I feel GD what is half well done once we know abt that topic...
Once We are confident about the topic then we can develope the Effective strategies for the same...

Some topics from my side...

Current Topics:

1.The Straining Marriage days between the Left and The UPA
2.The Compulsary rural service of the Medicos--- Boon or not....
3.Is right to Freedom being misused by Literaturites?
4.Is Mobocracy an alternative curb Immoral activities?
5.Twenty-Twenty a Batsman's game of Cricket

General:

1.Does our Judiciary need a renaissance???
2.Are factors like caste,religion, hold our Democracy cards??
3.To Go ahead or not---- The Nuke deal!!!
4.Is politics a Wanderland of Mistrust and personal Profit???
5.Is our Economic growth a growth against our old cherished values???

Friends I know that many of u ppl can come up with superb topics...
We will choose them and start our exercise even frm tom...

Need ur Support friends:):):)

Thanks for ur time,

JOHN

hi
nice insights
regd topics we can do one thing
we can collect all topics posted till 10 pm and select sm 5 (no can always b changed) and post i fr discussion (-i mean on the thread ) fr nx day.
that way evry day we will be learning a lot of new things....
what say.

sandhya

Hi PGs,

A suggestion from my side...

Instead of having a small group of people to participate the GD and keeping all others out of action, I feel we can involve all of them to come up with the points related to a particular topic.
By doing this way, at any point of time anyone who wants to know abt that topic can visit our thread and get to know abt the topic from the points each of us had put up...

Thus in total we can get an all round exposure to that topic... We can have 5 topics a day Plan some schedule the previous day with the list of the topics and the schedule(time duation) for the same....

Guys Plz correct me if I am wrong... This is our thread....Let this thread to be helpful for even a normal person who has n't done much of practise GD sessions...

Basically I feel GD what is half well done once we know abt that topic...
Once We are confident about the topic then we can develope the Effective strategies for the same...

Some topics from my side...

Current Topics:

1.The Straining Marriage days between the Left and The UPA
2.The Compulsary rural service of the Medicos--- Boon or not....
3.Is right to Freedom being misused by Literaturites?
4.Is Mobocracy an alternative curb Immoral activities?
5.Twenty-Twenty a Batsman's game of Cricket

General:

1.Does our Judiciary need a renaissance???
2.Are factors like caste,religion, hold our Democracy cards??
3.To Go ahead or not---- The Nuke deal!!!
4.Is politics a Wanderland of Mistrust and personal Profit???
5.Is our Economic growth a growth against our old cherished values???

Friends I know that many of u ppl can come up with superb topics...
We will choose them and start our exercise even frm tom...

Need ur Support friends:):):)

Thanks for ur time,

JOHN

dude everyone and anyone is invited to join the discussion by 10 people I mean for one discussion it will be 10 people that way we can have some 5-6 GDs (if we have more people coming in)

tomorrow anytime btw 7-10 pm . How many of you are ready pls post your name with your convenient time and pm your Y! msngr id either to me or sandhyaj .

Thanks
dude everyone and anyone is invited to join the discussion by 10 people I mean for one discussion it will be 10 people that way we can have some 5-6 GDs (if we have more people coming in)

tomorrow anytime btw 7-10 pm . How many of you are ready pls post your name with your convenient time and pm your Y! msngr id either to me or sandhyaj .

Thanks

Grt Initiative man!!!! Though I cannot take part in it tommorrow,,, but surely would lke to listen to the proceeding in this thread and will be eager to join next time,,,,,, hey one more thing,,,,its very imp that we do some case studies.....coz they are fast becoming an imp part and parcel of the group process ........If you all agree then can we start with some case studies,,,,then GD's will be conducted on Y!mssngr and here case studies will be discussed......wat say puys??

Updates:

read it as reference id--->Roll number

d2rockstar ---> 001
sandhyaj ---> 002
arunk8186 ---> 003(not coming for tomorrows gd)
silentcrescent ---> 004

My Y!msngr id gd4snap

pls add me in your msngr and change your status msg to your roll number for tomorrow's discussion. The proper time for tomorrow's gd will be confirmed tomorrow...I am thinking of 6.30 as the convenient time. Wat say puys?

thebornattitude Says
Grt Initiative man!!!! Though I cannot take part in it tommorrow,,, but surely would lke to listen to the proceeding in this thread and will be eager to join next time,,,,,, hey one more thing,,,,its very imp that we do some case studies.....coz they are fast becoming an imp part and parcel of the group process ........If you all agree then can we start with some case studies,,,,then GD's will be conducted on Y!mssngr and here case studies will be discussed......wat say puys??

ya dude even I was thinking of case studies but later thought first 4-5 sessions we will have GD, once we get familiar and fix up some technical errors(if exists during the discussion) we will start having Case studies. is that okay?

Updates:

d2rockstar ---> 001
sandhyaj ---> 002
arunk8186 ---> 003(not coming for tomorrows gd)
silentcrescent ---> 004
thebornattitude --->005(not coming for tomorrows gd)

Please keep checking this post for regular updates

Hi puys since sharing e-mail id by post is not allowed here so dont post your e-mail id instead pm me or sandhyaj or thebornattitude incase if you dont get a reply from one particular person within 24 hrs pm any of the other person. Do post here your confirmation so that the thread stays at the top which will help us to gather more people.

Updates:

d2rockstar ---> 001
sandhyaj ---> 002
arunk8186 ---> 003
silentcrescent ---> 004
thebornattitude --->005
mbaguy--->006