2007. SCMHRD GD PI Experiences.

All the best people. The process starts tomorrow. Hope to have a few posts here to help all puys… will post my exp tomorrow evening. 16:30 batch, pune.

All the best people. The process starts tomorrow. Hope to have a few posts here to help all puys...

will post my exp tomorrow evening. 16:30 batch, pune.

hey guys,
d sibm GD/PI process went well it seems... lets hope tat even d SCMHRD process is a smooth affair... i knoe they'll organise it extremely well.. but im a lil worried wen i got to knoe tat sibm PIs lasted for jus a few mins... tats a surprise package... dono wats in store for we SCMHRD call getters.. anyways lets hope for d best... ATB to everyone!!! cheers~~~

hey puys,
d GP must have started today plzzzzzzzzz post ur experiences... needless to say tat'll give us invaluable insights... eagerly waiting for ur posts.. ATB

wat about the people 4m mornin batchs.....
i think gp vil b completed by this time
please post ur valuable experiences

SCMHRD
Batch X3
10:15 am 4th Feb

I didnt think much of the management and presentations..maybe that was because of the awesum stuff from SIBM.
well anyway, i was slotted for 10 15 drove from mumbai, started with group activity at around 11ish..

1st was a video about a small bear, and his parents...discussion about career possibilities in zoo...and how he wanted to be a journalist and his parents warned him otherwise..
we were given a transcript of the discussion afterwards.
Had a nice long discussion, aim was to interpret the scene and reach a consensus about a Caption, went quite well.

2nd was a Case study about how a bank is facing problems with new foreign banks arriving on the scene, needed to come up with solutions.
Again Nice long discussion.

a group was of 8 people, 3 were absent.
3 of us got selected, me, a guy, and a lady....both had work ex me fresher...
The guy rejected spoke too much, so beware..

Well now comes the ridiculous part...i was supposed to have my interviews on the same day and the guy hands me a slip carrying the next days time slot!
so am sitting here writing this...SCMHRD wasnt lucky enough i guess..
But really awful management..and people not ready to listen to your genuine problems..

Learning: make arrangement for atleast 1 day extra.
Speak sense in GD!! do not speak for the heck of it..

I have lost faith in SCMHRD which i highly regarded as one of the better bschools..

DISCLAIMER: all above expressed are personal perspective and not meant to offend anyone or defame any school.

Regards,

Thanks fer the inputs ankit....i've mine on 7th...was the group process only a GD kind of thing or does it entail something more too..?

SCMHRD
Batch X3

I didnt think much of the management and presentations..maybe that was because of the awesum stuff from SIBM.
well anyway, i was slotted for 10 15 drove from mumbai, started with group activity at around 11ish..

1st was a video about a small bear, and his parents...discussion about career possibilities in zoo...and how he wanted to be a journalist and his parents warned him otherwise..
Had a nice long discussion, aim was to interpret the scene and reach a consensus about a Caption, went quite well.

2nd was a Case study about how a bank is facing problems with new foreign banks arriving on the scene, needed to come up with solutions.

Well now comes the ridiculous part...i was supposed to have my interviews on the same day and the guy hands me a slip carrying the next days time slot!
But really awful management..and people not ready to listen to your genuine problems..

I have lost faith in SCMHRD which i highly regarded as one of the better bschools..

DISCLAIMER: all above expressed are personal perspective and not meant to offend anyone or defame any school.

Regards,

hey ankit,
im sorry but i still couldn't figure out the meaning of this sentence... so am sitting here writing this...SCMHRD wasnt lucky enough i guess..

can u plz provide some more insights on d same and wat made u feel so... thank u

Hi friend..
Last year, I was called for the GD/PI process.
I was asked to make my arrangents for an extra day
But, considering the fact that I was from Hyderabad (venue was b'lore), I was given the slot the same day.
They were very cooperative.
After having an interaction with the seniors, I really looked forward to join it. Unfortunately, I could not get a final call.

ATB to all takers..

do post ur exp..

Regards,

Do you mean to say You are unable to take the PI next day??

Regards
Tanveer

@ankit.. hey bro, how abt the essay writing? howd it go? wer u told u made it before the essay or afterwards?

Yes will not be able to attend the Pi that is sheduled for tommorow for personal reasons..so thats the end of the road as far as SCMHRD is concerned...
Maybe it was just the case with me, but i didnt find the seniors cooperative

ESsay: Those shortlisted were required to write an essay on Why Mba and what are your future plans?

hope that helps,
ALL THE BEST

Yes will not be able to attend the Pi that is sheduled for tommorow for personal reasons..so thats the end of the road as far as SCMHRD is concerned...

ESsay: Those shortlisted were required to write an essay on Why Mba and what are your future plans?

hope that helps,
ALL THE BEST

ohh hard luck ankit, all the best for the next interviews in line. thanks for the inputs given

Hi Folks...

I heard the 1 hour process conducted was quite interesting and all the coordinators and volunteers were very helpful... Plus the logistics was also planned out meticulously ..

Please post some first hand experiences..

cHEeRS
Dheeraj

hope that helps,
ALL THE BEST

essay was supposed to be of how many words??
Hey guys,
Does anyone of you have your gp on the 7th of this month(that's wednesday), in chennai @ 1.15....
just lookin for batchmates..
SCMHRD
Batch X3

Regards,

Hey ankitg86 can u please elaborate upon what were they looking at u in the gd n the guy who dint were given a chance to speak by mod or all of ur group member participated.any uggetion on how to prepare for case studies
My group process is scheduled on 12th feb at 11.15

hi,

is the PI postponed to the next day for all who attended the GD at 10.15 ?

hi can you anyone please throw some more light on the bear..zoo..case study..didn't understand much there.