[2005] NITIE PGDIM Final Calls

Here is the list… *http://www.nitie.edu/pg_programs/result.htm *

Here is the list..

http://www.nitie.edu/pg_programs/result.htm

Awesome work by NITIE .. announced the final list so soon

Congrats to everyone who made it

I am through

Guyz, I too am thru. But that doesnot count to anything. They want the money, that too a whopping 1.36 lacs by the 31st of March, well ahead the IIM results r out. With 5 IIM calls (I am sure a lot of guys will b in the same boat), and with the refundable amt still unknown, I am puzzled. NITIE has clearly taken advantage of our positions.
Crookedmind
My mind is crooked, that is why I am thru in life..

Hi
Congrats to all those who got through nitie
well a senior of mine had got through nitie year before last
and after he had paid his money he got through iiima
and...guess what nitie was more than happy to return him the entire amount
i guess with govmt instis like nitie money is not very imp
just thought shld tell u this if of any help
congrats again
nikhil

hi all.
although people are claiming that NITIE gave a lot of wieghtage to cat %ile, but I can't believe it.
99.31%ile in CAT and had a really good GD and PI. 8 months of work ex. 72.7% in BE. from a very reputed college (in terms of NITIE) but still didn't make it.

God know why!

B.Tech (C.S.E) kalyani university
passed out in 2004
Cat percentile =99.57
Other Calls=ACLIK,XL

Decent GD/PI

As far as money is concerned I dont think it should be an issue since what i feel is since its being a govt. universtiy it would refund most of it 😃

Me too. Am extremely disappointed at the result.
MDI gave me a Waitlist 75 but I didnt feel as bad as I myself was not satisfied with my PI.
But this time, after having undergone a stress PI by Muthu, I was hilarious when I left the Interview Room i.e. becuase I was satisfied with my performance.
The way I spoke with Muthu and Ankur(NITIE alumnus).
Even Prem, Sadhu, Devam appreciated my confidence & behavior in front of Muthu.
SO only GOD knows WHAT DID I LACK !!!!
Abt my profile - 98.65 in CAT. 8 months of Work Ex at INFY. 67.4% in B.Tech from REC,Allahabad (reputed college in terms of NITIE) but still not even Waitlist.

Only saviour for me left now is IIMB on March 30 at 1400 hrs in Mumbai.
Dunno wat will happen next.

hey piyush. guess u have a better institute in store than nitie. doesn't really matter. u have given ur best. see, nobody knows what the interview panel looks at. it varies with each institute. maybe they have not noticed how good u really are. saw ur profile, was impressed myself, hence posting this. dont worry...u'll make it thru to a better institute..

Well some good news finally. ..after MDI and SPJ debacles ....

But it is of great concern that NITIE wants us to pay 1.36 lacs before 31 Mar !!

Can we have more views from current NITIE students or their friends as to what amounts were returned to students who cancelled their admissions last year. The more testimonies, the better for multiple call holders (like me) to take further decisions

Thanks
Nio
ps: Thanks nkksky for helping ....

Hi ankit and rest of the disappointed ppl..........

Me too had a gud gd and more than decent pi...Good acads( 83.2 % in BE..8 months in a gud MNC)....did'nt make it!

Bad luk i suppose...anyway CAT 2005 hai naa..

harsha

jumbo1511 Says
hey piyush. guess u have a better institute in store than nitie. doesn't really matter. u have given ur best. see, nobody knows what the interview panel looks at. it varies with each institute. maybe they have not noticed how good u really are. saw ur profile, was impressed myself, hence posting this. dont worry...u'll make it thru to a better institute..

Ya thanks.
Now nothing can be changed.
I have converted MDI. And even if I am unable to convert any IIMs I can always go to an A+ b-school.
its just that before my iim c interview, this came as a major set back.
anyway congrats for your selection and enjoy yourself.

i dont know what's happening with me.

with good acads and 99.65%ile in cat (6 calls) i missed out mdi,spjain and nitie!!!

feeling really down.

before iimc and xlri this comes as a major setback.

anyway congrats to all people who r thru.

nidea4u (perhaps now i need nidea4me from u)

hi all.
although people are claiming that NITIE gave a lot of wieghtage to cat %ile, but I can't believe it.
99.31%ile in CAT and had a really good GD and PI. 8 months of work ex. 72.7% in BE. from a very reputed college (in terms of NITIE) but still didn't make it.
God know why!

Oye piyush,
why the long face man?..cheer up!

I thought u said (in of ur posts), that u had A and C intrvws.... and that u have converted MDI.. then why bother somuch about NITIE buddy?

Now don' lose ur marbles, and try some "die-hard" tactic at the GD or PI for the IIMs, just be urself, and if thatz wht got u MDI... then it surely will help u in your other interviews as well.

This setback(if u choose to look at it that way) should only strengten your resolve, and make a very determined effort to crack the IIMs.

All the very best to you.
Cheers,
Sunny.

well guys I just called NITIE admission office and enquired about the refund procedure incase I get through other calls (IIMs) .
They said that I have to deposit the whole money 1,36,500 by 31st march( this much is given on the site also) and I would be refunded 50% only If I retract.

Just a request to Bicky bhaiya and other guys who are contemplating on joining Nitie to confirm or deny this ...
thanks guys

i dont know what's happening with me.

with good acads and 99.65%ile in cat (6 calls) i missed out mdi,spjain and nitie!!!

feeling really down.

before iimc and xlri this comes as a major setback.

anyway congrats to all people who r thru.

nidea4u (perhaps now i need nidea4me from u)

Hi all,
dunno wat more i have 2 do to get thru. I had the best PI ever so far and I answered ALL the qns thrown at me. With a percentile of 99.59 and 20 month work ex. dunno wat more NITIE expects!! And can somebody tell me what is the idea in giving out only 90 calls+40 odd WL's when there are 120 seats??
well guys I just called NITIE admission office and enquired about the refund procedure incase I get through other calls (IIMs) .
They said that I have to deposit the whole money 1,36,500 by 31st march( this much is given on the site also) and I would be refunded 50% only If I retract.

Just a request to Bicky bhaiya and other guys who are contemplating on joining Nitie to confirm or deny this ...
thanks guys

I am reallt shocked at this......you mean I stand to lose 68K.....I don't think that it will be easy to afford that :-)

hope NITIE undertands the position 'coz AFAIK let alone the first waiting list ...second will also be exhausted.....already there is overlap with MDI and then there are IIMs........atleat 5-060 of selected people will move to IIMs

thanks guys

Wow, 50% refund. That's cool, I guess. Does no good to their image, or retention of talent. I may land up nowhere at the end of all these, but I cannot risk 68k b4 my iim results, simply bcoz I cannot afford it. So, if this 50% return news is true, applying in nitie is a waste for me, even thou I converted it. I am back to square one.

I kud not make thru...(sigh)
I am surprised that the results declared for 120 PGDIM and 30 seats of PGDISEM are not enough (even if waiting lists are included). Considering that people with such high %iles and work-ex did not got thru after having had good GD/ PI, that sure decreases my pain as my 98.61 and no work-ex does not match upto theirs. Now to look for other interviews. Congrats to those who made it. Make sure u inquire about fees refund URSELF from NITIE