[2005]Interview queries for XLRI

Hi all Though i m not a regular PGite…which my roomie definitely is :smiley: i thought i shd not miss a chance of open and run a thread on all sortta interview queries on XLRI. We have quite a few PG members who i think will be more thn willi…

Hi all
Though i m not a regular PGite..which my roomie definitely is 😃 i thought i shd not miss a chance of open and run a thread on all sortta interview queries on XLRI. We have quite a few PG members who i think will be more thn willing to share their experiences during last year XL interviews...so start shooting..........

Prithvi
Bummer
Class of 2006
XLRI

A trivial one.

When will calls be out, and what do you make out of new percentile concept?

no idea whn the calls will b out..but i can say one thing bout percentile..thingy..people at the higher end of 60s might expect call...

Prithvi, when do the interviews generally take place

My score : 31 percentile..
I am a fresher...
What chances of LIBA or XIME???
What do you guys think regarding the cutoffs of LIBA and XIME will be ??
~ Gulshan

hey prithvi,
i might be jumping the gun but i guess i cant discuss anything else except for calls...
this is what my scorecard looks like:
Sectionwise Score % Score Percentile*
Quantitaive and Analytical Ability
41.77 68.11
Verbal and Logical Ability
26.66 41.26
General Awareness
20 29.17
Total 31.81 69.01
man i know my quant score is good and enmglish is perhaps not that bad but do u really think that with such a low sxcore in gk anf for the bm course they will give me a call...
only applied to xlri
naveen

hey prithvi,
man i know my quant score is good and enmglish is perhaps not that bad but do u really think that with such a low sxcore in gk anf for the bm course they will give me a call...
only applied to xlri
naveen

Thread opened at wrong time I guess

Mate, I think Prithvi will be as ignorant as we all are about XLRI calls methodology.
Go through XAT results pages and that will give you some better idea.

hey prithvi,

i think its too premature to ask abt interview(coz i am not sure)... but neways... how many will b usually there in the panel and wat r the sorts of questions that r likely to be asked....i am a fresher and i have applied for PM&IR....; and one more MOST important thing...is the cutoffs for PM&IR; diff from BM and if yes how diff?

hi Prithvi,

I just want to know if any body amongst u is aware of the procedure at XIM Bhub. I have a score of 2%ile in GK, though the overall score is not so bad at 59%ile. I am not a domicile of orissa, so i wud like to know if these ppl r rigid abt sectional cut offs or no..
Any info wud be welcome and appreciated.

regards

hey guys does anyone know how many calls does xlri give for bm

Hows it going and with just 17 percentile I dont think I stand any chances of getting a call from any of the worst institutes even......so no point even thinking about it.....

Anyways I wish you a very very happy time there at XLRI and I hope you get well placed this time so that we can use your influence to get a good job.....where you work....

Adios Amigos

good work

yess
even i think i opened the threat a lill in advance..
let me clear one thing ..we hav no clue over the methodology behind the call criteria for XL or for tht matter any other insti..so no point talking over tht.. i will chip in with experiences once the intrvw calls are out...which i think wil comin pretty soon..till thn wish u all the very best of ur luck............

Prithvi, Thx for this thread.Some elementary and basic queries at this stage:
1) There's a column for "references" in the online XAT form.
How much does that help/taken into consideration in interview?
2) Can we have a profile of the panel when we have identified the panelists for PI in mumbai hehe...maybe a nonsense qn this,but who knows!
3) Can we expect qns from the essays in the PI.
4) Usually whats the interval between the PI and the actual joining...Have to tie some loose ends on present job after PI ,if I get XL lucky...
Some above qns may not make sense to all,but maybe they are not all that stupid.Plus,and more importantly, ,we have to keep Prithvi engaged here,so that he's here when we want him

Also ,can anyone rephrase "risk-taker" into a better sounding weakness!
And there's a copyright to it
Cheers

Prithvi, Thx for this thread.Some elementary and basic queries at this stage:
1) There's a column for "references" in the online XAT form.
How much does that help/taken into consideration in interview?
2) Can we have a profile of the panel when we have identified the panelists for PI in mumbai hehe...maybe a nonsense qn this,but who knows!
3) Can we expect qns from the essays in the PI.
4) Usually whats the interval between the PI and the actual joining...Have to tie some loose ends on present job after PI ,if I get XL lucky...
Some above qns may not make sense to all,but maybe they are not all that stupid.Plus,and more importantly, ,we have to keep Prithvi engaged here,so that he's here when we want him

Also ,can anyone rephrase "risk-taker" into a better sounding weakness!
And there's a copyright to it
Cheers

i think risk taking shud b ur strength not ur weakness

1. panel consistis of 2-3 profs of XL.
2. the allocation of profs and the city is arbitary.
3. if u r lucky enuf to be on the second or thrid day of intervw session u might get a lead.
4. there was a gap of two months (subject to change) in our case between final call and start of the session.
5. qs frm the essay quite probable.
6. I think one of my frnd was asked same GK qs those were there in the XAT .

so possibilities are immense.. dont get scared ...just keep urself updated on things that are r happening around u..dont be jst a dumd acad focus guy who can only "belchout" boring formulae..
for wrk exp people qs frm the wrk ex is must..
wat else..!!

Prithvi

Hi ppl...

My XAT 2005 'score' is as follows...
Section//% Score//Percentile
Quant//36.89//60.15
VA-LA//14.35//22.21
GK//30.49//44.46
Total//27.24//59.10

Cud anybody guide me (specifically present XL-ers) if v cud still change our BM/PM-IR option... n if it is actually advisable at my VA/LA score... I had opted for BM originally

no u cant change the BM/PMIR option now..

Prithvi,
About that reference thing on the XL form?Does it help to have a ref?

mysoreguy Says

Yeah...but what if the risk fails...there are guys who love hedging more than the risk-exposure! I'm still thinking ,but dont think i can change it anymore! Thanks for ur thghts anyway.Helps me to prepare my defence better!
Ctach ya.

hey ppl,
well i am outa the xl race long back...jus got a measly 48%tile..... :oops:
anyway out of altruism or boredom idunno........thot of participating in the thread

Prithvi,
About that reference thing on the XL form?Does it help to have a ref?
mysoreguy Says

Yeah...but what if the risk fails...there are guys who love hedging more than the risk-exposure! I'm still thinking ,but dont think i can change it anymore! Thanks for ur thghts anyway.Helps me to prepare my defence better!
Ctach ya.

we hav a seperate thread 4 it
anyway if u r hell bent on making ur strength a weakness.........try "rash /impulsive.....bt then u gotta justify them........!!!
will come with more synonyms