2004 question from logical reasoning

The year was 2006. All six teams in Pool A of World Cup hockey play each other exactly once. Each win earns a team three points, a draw earns one point and a loss earns zero points. The two teams with the highest points qualify for the semif…

The year was 2006. All six teams in Pool A of World Cup hockey play each other exactly once. Each win earns a team

three points, a draw earns one point and a loss earns zero points. The t

wo teams with the highest points qualify for the

semifinals. In case of a tie, the team with the highest goal difference (Goals For

-

Goals Against) qualifies. In the

opening match, Spain lost to Germany. After the second round (after each team played two

matches), the pool table

looked as shown belowTeams Games Played Won Drawn Lost Goals for Goals against PointsGermany 2 2 0 0 3 1 6Argentina 2 2 0 0 2 0 6Spain 2 1 0 1 5 2 3Pakistan 2 1 0 1 2 1 3New Zealand 2 0 0 2 1 4 0South Africa 2 0 0 2 1 4 0

Which one of the following statements is true about matches played in the first two rounds?

1. Germany beat New Zealand by 1 goal to 0.

2. Spain beat New Zealand by 4 goals to 0.

3. Spain beat South Africa by 2 goals to 0.

4. Germany beat South Africa by 2 goals to 1

36. Which one of the following statements is true about matches played in the first two rounds?

1. Pakistan beat South Africa by 2 goals to 1

2. Argentina beat Pakistan by 1 goal to 0.

3. Germany beat Pakistan by 2 goals to 1

4. Germany beat Spain by 2 goals to 1.

37. Which team finished at the top of the pool after five rounds of matches?

1. Argentina 2. Germany

3. Spain 4. Cannot be determined from the data.

38. If Pakistan qualified as one of the two teams from Pool A, which was the other team that qualified?

1. Argentina 2. Germany

😠
getting mad with this question please help me guys..
jmy first question is why germany is not compared with south africa after 2nd round

@prialall

The year was 2006. All six teams in Pool A of World Cup hockey play each other exactly once. Each win earns a team

three points, a draw earns one point and a loss earns zero points. The t

wo teams with the highest points qualify for the

semifinals. In case of a tie, the team with the highest goal difference (Goals For

-

Goals Against) qualifies. In the

opening match, Spain lost to Germany. After the second round (after each team played two

matches), the pool table

looked as shown belowTeams Games Played Won Drawn Lost Goals for Goals against PointsGermany 2 2 0 0 3 1 6Argentina 2 2 0 0 2 0 6Spain 2 1 0 1 5 2 3Pakistan 2 1 0 1 2 1 3New Zealand 2 0 0 2 1 4 0South Africa 2 0 0 2 1 4 0

Which one of the following statements is true about matches played in the first two rounds?

1. Germany beat New Zealand by 1 goal to 0.

2. Spain beat New Zealand by 4 goals to 0.

3. Spain beat South Africa by 2 goals to 0.

4. Germany beat South Africa by 2 goals to 1

36. Which one of the following statements is true about matches played in the first two rounds?

1. Pakistan beat South Africa by 2 goals to 1

2. Argentina beat Pakistan by 1 goal to 0.

3. Germany beat Pakistan by 2 goals to 1

4. Germany beat Spain by 2 goals to 1.

37. Which team finished at the top of the pool after five rounds of matches?

1. Argentina 2. Germany

38. If Pakistan qualified as one of the two teams from Pool A, which was the other team that qualified?

1. Argentina 2. Germany

getting mad with this question please help me guys..jmy first question is why germany is not compared with south africa after 2nd round

@prialall hi... i was sloving this question..after frying my brain i looked up for it on the internet..and ur query pooped up...see i havent reached the final destination but yes as far as ur question is concerned..what i did was i performed a bit of pnc to arrive at an arrangement of first and second round matces.Afetr a couple of failed attempts i did arrive at an arrangement and according to it germany played SAF in the second round..and thats y no further match can be played between them..