2 yrs MBA in India with 6+ years of work exp

Hi Guys,At present my work ex is 5.5 … and I am planning to take CAT, SNAP and other exams. Honestly I dont think i can make it to IIMs, but I think I can crack exams like SNAP or NMAT… but with this amount of work ex, will it be advisable t…

Hi Guys,

At present my work ex is 5.5 ... and I am planning to take CAT, SNAP and other exams. Honestly I dont think i can make it to IIMs, but I think I can crack exams like SNAP or NMAT... but with this amount of work ex, will it be advisable to go for b schools like SIBM, SCHMHRD etc.... ? Beaucse i understand that i will have to start fresh
from the base when I graduate!! My main aim for doing MBA is to get out of the IT industry !! I know this is a bit late... but pls advise if this is worth a try?

The question you will face at the panel level and which you shuld be asking yourself as well :

Why not the 1 year executive MBA?

@writetotanveer but there are few 1 year courses in india, and most of them are offered by IIMs. And getting into IIMs is really tough....Other options are ISB, great lakes, SPJIMR PGPM. How good is great lakes?

Even in the case of 2 year MBAs nothing but a top notch IIM /XL/FMS/MDI/SPJ will satisfy you. and you can apply to these through the GMAT route

Just to add that I completed my BCom in 1999 and this year I was called for interview by XL for their flagship program!! 😃 And there were a few guys with 5-6 years expereience!! So go for it but make sure you land among the best or it will be a bitter experience!