[13-Jan-08] FMS 2008: Paper Discussions

Please make use of this thread for discussing the FMS 2008 paper… This thread is intended for the paper-related discussions alone, and to keep the other thread(s) for queries alone… a relevant poll shall be up if and when we get key(s)/an…

Please make use of this thread for discussing the FMS 2008 paper..

This thread is intended for the paper-related discussions alone, and to keep the other thread(s) for queries alone.. a relevant poll shall be up if and when we get key(s)/analyses to the paper..

So here we go for the last "BIG" MBA entrance exam of current admit season.. ATB, Puys!

Please avoid posting pre-test comments and feelers, wishes, speculations et al..

Other relevant thread:

FMS Queries
Just a reminder, Puys..
Do remember to take a PP-size photograph of yours (preferably, the same as on admit card)..

Ahem.. Another disaster after XAT..!

My attempts : 93

I have no idea how good or bad that is.. Will wait for puys to pour in their views..

Same 93 attempts... decent accuracy...went in with a mindset for 100+ questions... turned out like this.... for the better or for worse... dunno...

counted attempts in real hurry in last min.........was close to 100+....guys how did you find RC. I guess english section just had RC and section 4 was full of uncoventional questions though the 10 questions on maxim, oxymororn etc etc were easy......but then only 60 seats are way to less to hope for a call......

typical FMS papper
Pattern :
DILR : 50 -- a touch touger
RCs : 50 --- Very very lenghty passages and nt so direct Qs
QA : 35 -- simple
MAcrnomics (mix of verbal\lr) : 35 -- piece of cake with good vocab (whch i dnt have)
----------------------------------------
Total : 175

No GK
Moi attemts :
DILR : 29
RCs : 20
QA : 25
MAcrnomics (mix of verbal\lr) : 21
----------------------------------------
Total : 95

i found few of the Qs whch had printed mistake (or may b in my mid they had mistake)

e.g.
1. by how much area will increase/decrease of length and bredth of rectangle is decresed by 10%
options :
a. increase 1%
b. Decrease 1%
c. Decrease 10%
4. no change

I guess the correct answer shd b 19% decrease

2. there was a QA question whch had 2 printed instead of root2.. This Q has root3 - root2 in numerotr and root3 + 2 in denominato

hi freinds fms paper was quite easy didnt had much time 4 the rcs attempted only 20 in that over all 120 attempts i think the accuracy was close to 90% except for verbals

Damn.....Just attempted 8 Qs in RC..Total 86 attempts.
LR : 27
RC: 8
QA : 29
xxxxx: 22
Decent accuracy in LR. Almost 90% correct in Quant. No idea abt the IV section.

How did you all find RC...i think was a bit lengthy...

i found few of the Qs whch had printed mistake (or may b in my mid they had mistake)

e.g.
1. by how much area will increase/decrease of length and bredth of rectangle is decresed by 10%
options :
a. increase 1%
b. Decrease 1%
c. Decrease 10%
4. no change

2. there was a QA question whch had 2 printed instead of root2.. This Q has root3 - root2 in numerotr and root3 + 2 in denominato

yup i agree dude for the decrease question it has to be 19% didnt ans it though wasted 15-20 secs trying to find ans

i have attempeted 87....
and think it just about good.....

over the years a good attempt in the paper is around 100

but this time with sectional cutoff and sections
attempting atleast around 2 rc became necessary
and the rc were really very very long
so i guess any attempts in the range of 95
should be a very good attempt

10kahaniyaan Says
yup i agree dude for the decrease question it has to be 19% didnt ans it though wasted 15-20 secs trying to find ans

I assumed increase in bredth and decrease in length......guess the answer comes out to be 1% decrease.........just an assumption to mark something after i had read the question and tried my hand.........

e.g.
options :
a. increase 1%
b. Decrease 1%
c. Decrease 10%
4. no change

Agree with you....

for the rectange question, i guess i should have ben lenght increased by 10%, breadth decreased by 10%, then you get a decrease of 1%.........

For the second question, it should have been root 2 in the denominator.....
I guess answer comes as 98.....
fultoo_bakar Says
I assumed increase in bredth and decrease in length......guess the answer comes out to be 1% decrease.........just an assumption to mark something after i had read the question and tried my hand.........

no dude the question was decrease in lengthe and decrease in breadth for 10%
10kahaniyaan Says

so what would happen of these question....
i think i found more
dont remember them tough!!!!!!!

my attempts
di/lr- 22
rc- 24
qa- 26
va- 21
--------
total -93
with decent accuracy.

but around 60 seats r too less.

10kahaniyaan Says

yaa
Fultoo_bekkar is just making an assumption abt the correct Qs.
I didnt attemp any thinking that they will b scrapped.....now i m thinking whther i did wronog by nt answering :shocked:

any idea when the results would be out.

phew...last exam over...its party time

My take on FMS:

I found the paper very lengthy......
LR - doable.....
RCs - very long and inferential questions....
Attempted 3 rcs but not all the questions of the 4 rcs....
Quant - easy, but mistakes in the paper...
Section 4 - good for someone with xcellent vocab, i dont fit into that....So bad for me.

Over all attempts - in between 95 and 100.....
Dont know how good the accuracy was in rcs and the VA section........
Not much hopes.........:x