10 year of work exp.

hey guys, I am planning to apply for MBA this year for 2014 session. I have 9 yr of work exp and next year it would be 10 yr. Is it too late for MBA now? I am an IIT graduate, currently working Morgan Stanley, London in Tec…

hey guys,

I am planning to apply for MBA this year for 2014 session.

I have 9 yr of work exp and next year it would be 10 yr.

Is it too late for MBA now?

I am an IIT graduate, currently working Morgan Stanley, London in Tech dept.

I am looking at below schools:
HBS
Stanford
Columbia
MIT-Sloan
CMU
LSE
LBS
Booth
NYU
and lastly ISB.

Do I stand any real chance in any of these schools?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thx

I believe Stanford and Harvard both prefer younger candidates but I cannot speak for the rest. You may want to consider some EMBA programs. Additionally, I believe that many European schools prefer older candidates. Perhaps look into Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge, INSEAD and IMD. In addition, I have also seen some more experienced candidates admitted to Darden.

Hi,

Can you post your question/response here: Personal Dilemma Related Queries, PG seniors would be able to provide some feedback sooner

Bro

It is not only about whether they accept you, it is also about whether you will fit the class profile, whether your objectives are met in the school. Ponder over it.

For a 3-4 years guy, any school will be good but for a senior guy like you, only a very few schools are closely aligned to your objectives

Some schools will directly or indirectly discourage you and entice you to apply for their various flavours of part-time/executive programmes. You need to clearly think whether that is what you are looking at.

So my friend, don't look at the ranking first. First identify your objectives and then find out which school satisfy that.

Not all schools are for all.

@newman_uk I think you consider applying to only European schools, IMD,EDHEC & Vlerick Leuven. Also, you are fit for IIM-A's PGPX program