1 year MSc - Management/Strategy programmes

Dear Baccardisprite, First of all thanks for your valuable inputs to other threads in this forum. My prof: BE (Delhi college of Engineering) ME (National Univ. of Singapore) MBA (Finance) - Dean’s List - Univ. of Maine 5+ yrs …

Dear Baccardisprite,

First of all thanks for your valuable inputs to other threads in this forum.

My prof:
BE (Delhi college of Engineering)
ME (National Univ. of Singapore)
MBA (Finance) - Dean's List - Univ. of Maine

5+ yrs work ex - 1.5 yrs (PSU engg consulting in India), 3 yrs (commodities trading firm in S'pore), 8 months (OPT) - Equity Research associate with a boutique inv. bank in US

I have always wanted to get into strategy consulting but plans didnt materialize for one reason or another. Now, I am applying to 1 year MSc programmes in Mgt/Strategy and am exploring:
LSE - MSc (Mgt & Strategy)
Univ. of St. Gallen
EDHEC, France

For Univ. of St. Gallen - is knowledge of German the only way to get a job/they have 20% placements outside Swiss area/are you aware of any indian students securing jobs in N. America/UK after graduating from MSc programme at St. Gallen

What abt EDHEC? any indian student getting job in english speaking zones/countries?

many thanks,
Abiank

Thank you for the reinforcement of my belief. I too, am inclined to LSE.

Regards,
Abiank

Dear all,

I am totally new to this thread so would really appreciate your feedback/help in giving me input/guidance on the subject

matter.

I would start off with introduce myself briefly:

I have done my BBA (Finance/Marketing) and an MBA in (Finance) from one of the top colleges in Pakistan

(Institute of Business Management).

I have over 3 years of work experience in the Asset/Investment Management Industry (with 2 years as an equity research

analyst) and currently working as a Product Manager in the Product Development Department in the biggest private sector AMC

of Pakistan (over an year).

I am currently looking after product structuring as well as developing overall marketing and sales strategy for my developed

products. Also involved in making strategic business and product plan for the company

Now i have applied to Edhec Business School for it's MSc in Capital Markets program, because the curriculum looked very

attractive in terms of content (also the internship component for 3-6 months built-in).

The content looked very attractive to me in order to get me in the Structuring Department of Investment Banks or Business

Development Department(one of my goals, such as working for BNP Paribas/Goldman Sachs/JP Morgan/Credit Suisse).

I have recently delayed my admission till 2010 program (i got admission for 2009 progam and they even exempted my GMAT

requirement based on my overall profile).

I would need your sincere advice if i should go for the program and what are the chances of me getting a good work

opportunity in IB or Asset Management Industry in Europe - after graduation from this program (keeping in restrospect my

relevant work experience).

If you suggest me to go for the program, please let me know if i should start learning french as i have almost an year for

2009 program (do some diplomas and intermediate course to become fluent in french- i know a bit of basic french as i have

done basic french course in my BBA program earlier) or shall i study for CFA level 1 to appear for June 2010 (ofcourse i cant study for French and CFA together ).

I was thinking to learn french for an year (to increase my opporunities in Europe) and then give my CFA level 1 post my

graduation during my internship after my graduation. From a different perspective, i am even thining that if i pass CFA level

1 and then graduate with MSC Capital Markets degree, i have CFA level I and Msc Capital Markets degree, it may make me stand out of other candidates.

Please suggest! I intend to work for atleast couple of years in Europe after my graduation and then return back to my country to work or start my own consultancy firm.

Look forward for your quick help

PS :- If there are any Edhec graduates on this forum, please add me on msn at [email protected] or on gmail ([email protected]). I would like to listen from you guys as well regarding my decision to go for EDHEC MSC CAPITAL MARKETS OR NOT!

Thanks!

Regards,

Adeel.