[Official] International Institute of Sports Management (IISM) Mumbai Admissions 2023-25

International Institute of Sports Management is the pioneer in sports management education in India. Aspiring Candidates who want to pursue their studies in sports management, at the International Institute of Sports Management are shortlisted based on the holistic admission process.

The admission process comprises of 2 stages that facilitates in understanding the candidate’s liking & awareness towards the sports industry & their acumen for the business side of sports.

Candidates can also apply with their MAH-CET scores for Postgraduate level courses. Candidates are admitted to the programs considering both sectional and overall cut-offs.

The Admission Process at IISM have two stages: Stage I and Stage II

Stage I-

Stage I of the Admission Process for Master’s Degree & PGPs at IISM complete in two steps: 1) Caselets 2) SMAT & Overall Performance

Stage 1 of the Admission Process for Bachelor’s Degree at IISM complete in two steps: 1) Essay 2) SMAT & Overall Performance

• Caselets (for MSM & PGPs) is the first step in Stage I of the Admission Process. Here, an aspirant would receive 4 topics over an email. Each topic holds 20 marks for itself. Aspirants will be given two days to submit their Caselets back on the email Id: [email protected] . Caselets comprise a total of 80 marks and would be evaluated by an expert invigilator.
  • About Caselets: The Caselets are designed to extract and evaluate the best of knowledge of the aspirant. It consists of cases- that will give a fair idea on how aspirants think, their outlook towards circumstances, knowledge on current affairs and proficiency in making Plan of Action.
  • Essay (for BSM) in Stage I is a step wherein aspirants will have to share an Essay on a particular topic given. This consist of 80 marks. Aspirants will be given two days to submit their essay on the email Id: [email protected]

This will be evaluated by an expert invigilator.

• The second step consists of Overall Performance & SMAT
  • The Overall Performance considers the Academic score, Sports Achievements & Extra-curricular Activities for 20 marks.
  • About SMAT: The test is specially designed to cater to a very specific domain – i.e. sports management. The test focuses on candidate’s liking & awareness towards the sports industry & their acumen for the business side of sports.

Stage II

This Stage will be an online, Video-Call based Personal Interview for 120 marks.

The total weightage of Stage I and Stage II will be 300. Aspirants needs to score 60% cumulative of Stage I and Stage II in order to secure Admission at IISM.

The final offer letter will be reflected on the candidate’s dashboard.

SMAT Date: 24 August 2021
Last date to register: 21 August 2021

Click here to find more information on SMAT

2 Likes

Hi all,

I recently came to know about a 1-year Post Grad. diploma course in Sports management in International Institute of Sports Management, Mumbai. The first batch is going to commence on the 16th of August 2010. I have cleared it's entrance exam but had a few queries and concerns and would be really glad if someone can address these:

1. I have a 2.6 years of experience in IT industry, so basically no relevant experience in the sports industry. What carrer prospects are there for me after doing this particular course from that standpoint?

2. Does anyone have any more info. on this institute regarding placement assistance, course material etc. and the people on the advisory board?

3. Are there any better courses available in India apart from this particular course? Suggestion for better courses from abroad are also most welcome!

4. What is the pay package offered to a fresher once a student enters the sports industry after completing this kind of a course?

5. What are the career prospects in general after doing a sports management course from India? What all companies/ organizations look out for sports management professionals and hire them at fresher level?

Prompt responses would be most welcome as I need to make a final decision by this weekend i.e 31st July 2010 that whether or not should I join this particular course at IISM!!!

Thanks

Can anyone please help? It's quite urgent!!!

Thanks

Hi Prasan,
There is no other institute in India or in Asia to have sport mgt courses. there is one SMWW in USA. As me also...want to join the same course as you. i came to know about this institute by nilesh kulkarni. but yeah it's quite risky the guys like us( as me also done my MBA) to go for this course till now i don't have any idea about the placement of these kind of institutes..but yeah as if agian we look to the today's SPORT INDUSTRY it's on boom..and vl grow up more....
can you tell me which type of course avilable in these institue , are they proivde special courses like for cricket only...?
and if you have webaddress for this institute then plz share with me..
and also tell me about the procedures as you passed through entrance exams and all...

JAY....

hey, its not affiliated to any university. Its totally a deemed university. There are no job placements, as such. There is no use of doing such MBA

Hi guys,

I have taken admission in the institute for the full time course and I know there's a bit of risk involved in it. But these guys are offering 2 months compulsory internship for the 1 year full time course and have a verbal agreement with ICC for IISM students to work as an intern at next year's cricket world cup! Apart from this, they have training tie-ups with other sports management companies like Procam, Globosport etc. which are quite reputed!

Now, sports industry is a growing industry here in India..so obviously no one can guarantee placements. But since this is the first of its kind institute in India and the course focuses on a lot of aspects regarding Sports management plus the training tie-ups, it doesent sound all that bad, does it? It covers Sports media, Sports Marketing and Sports administration at a broad level. Internally, there's a lot of good content in the syllabus and a lot things would be covered like Sports law, PR, Journalism etc..

@ Jay

There are 2 courses which are being currently offered in the institute:

1. Post graduate diploma in Sports Management (full-time 1 year course)
2. Diploma in Sports Management (Part time)

The fees is 1.25 lacs which can be paid in 2 installments (50% for each installment) and sounds pretty reasonable.

The course is by no means designed to focus on cricket. It is designed so as to cover sports in general from a management point of view. So, opportunities for entering into all kinds of sports is open after doing this course! Also, they are in talks with Griffith University, Australia for the affiliation thing!

As far as the entrance test is concerned, it involves questions from all kinds of sports ranging from cricket, football to basketball, hockey, swimming, weightlifting etc. For my part, cricket questions had a greater weightage in terms of the no. of questions but not by much. Apart from sports based questions, there are english grammar questions (basic and not that complex!) and media, brand & advertising and current affairs related questions. So, anyone having a general idea about various sports and current affairs should be able to crack the entrance exam. Following that, there would be an interview with Nilesh Kulkarni which would be based on the admission form that one fills up while registering for the entrance test (cost is 1000 Rs.) and questions like motive behind joining the course, future ambitions etc. The written exam is of 200 marks and consists of 185 questions!

The institute website is: www.iismworld.com and for any more details, you
can e-mail them at [email protected]

So guys, it's a risk I know, but I feel it's worth taking the plunge as Sports industry would be growing at a rapid pace in the coming decade in India and there would be a huge need for sports professionals in the foreseeable future!
Do let me know if you guys have any more questions and I would be more than happy to help! Will update you guys, how the course goes for me.
:-o

And, really sorry for posting the reply a bit late but was caught up with a lot of things. Cheers! 😲

once im done with the course what are my job prospects? as in do i need to apply on my own or will i be placed after completing the course? also can u tell me of alternative places where such a course is available..

The internship is given to all the students or only few selected ones?
what about placements we have to search individually or there are companies hiring from the institute?

Hi Prasan,

Have you started with the course/orientation? If yes, can I pls have a word with you, its very urgent, regarding IISM.

Pls revert asap!!

Cheers!!

Aakash Narula

Hi Prasan,
Could you please advise how has been your course so far at IISM. I am also considering enrolling myself for the course this year. Could you please provide me more details on the same. Also, I am currently working with RBS (Financial Services - Back Office), could you please advise that it would be a viable option for me to leave my job and join this course.
Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Regards,
Sid

Hii all,

Extremely sorry for being inactive all this time. For all those people who are interested in the course, Admissions for the year 2011-12 academic year will open on May 18, 2011.

Please call on 022-65118871 or 022-25393129/30 for all admission related queries.

The course has went quite well for me so far but I know most of you would be concerned about the placements. Well, the placements are gonna happen starting June and as of now I dont have any information on what all companies are going to come. So, I'll update as soon as I'm done with the placement process. All the best to everyone who's interested in doing this course!!

Regards,
Prasan

whaen'll the dates be released for this course??

i mean the advertisement??

its interesting one..

sports management!!!

Reel Playmakers is a state of the art website that helps athletes of all calibers just to simply become better. No gimmicks, no sign up fees, and all the all the information you need for free. @ One-Stop Athletic Social Network with Custom Highlight Video Resources for Young Athletes - High School Sports | Watch high school basketball highlights & high school football highlights - Reel Playmakers

WRONG PLACEMENT of my query here. Regret inconvenience.

Hi Prasan,

Good that there is at least 1 person to help us out with queries regarding IISM. You said that placements would be in June. Now that it's August, could you let us know about the status of placements there? Also i see many people like me aspiring for a career there at IISM. So can you please address the following additional queries below too at the earliest.

1) Which all companies have come in there till now?
2) What all companies are going to come still or have promised to come?
3) What's the average package that the companies offer there for students?
4) Also I see that when googled, there is no official website of IISM returned. Also, we Do not get any pics regarding the same of the campus in Google Images or the website. This is making many to think on the genuinity of the Institution. (Strictly No Offense meant - just we aspirant's concern for our future there).
5) Internship opportunities
And finally...
6) Industry (sport corporate) exposure??

Sorry if I've made u answer a lot of questions, but please respond at the earliest. We (myself & few couple of my friends) would be very much thankful to you for guiding us through the details. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
R.Surya Kumar

Hii all,

Extremely sorry for being inactive all this time. For all those people who are interested in the course, Admissions for the year 2011-12 academic year will open on May 18, 2011.

Please call on 022-65118871 or 022-25393129/30 for all admission related queries.

The course has went quite well for me so far but I know most of you would be concerned about the placements. Well, the placements are gonna happen starting June and as of now I dont have any information on what all companies are going to come. So, I'll update as soon as I'm done with the placement process. All the best to everyone who's interested in doing this course!!

Regards,
Prasan

Hi prasan, have u been plaed somewhere? If yes , what is your salary package. What was the average salary package in your college and how many students were placed. I hope you are working with some reputed firm.
I will appreciate if you reply back. Thanks

Hi,yesterday i went through their site and got the email id [email protected]
I mailed for some queries,unfortunately the mail address is not valid.there are 2phone numbers.No body is reachable.Can you please help me out that the institution is not fake?I'm really heading to a sports management degree.that's why very much eager to take upon the course.But this type of response is really very negative for us.Can anybody please help me regarding this?

Actually I want to know how can I get into the college for 2012-13 session?what's the admission procedure?Can I get any previous year admission test question bank to get prepared?

Right now I'm working at a MNC and really tired upon hitting computer keyboards. I'm an extreme sports enthusiastic and want to get into that course.

Same query is there beneath my mind for IISWBM also?the sports management post graduate diploma course is very suitable from this institution also.

Please help me out regarding these queries as soon as possible.

Hi Shoubhik,

I am Nishant Mantri based out of Pune, Currently working in TCS.. But really frustrated..big time...I am a Sports freak.. I too want to pursue a career in Sports...Any updates on the colleges..... Are you planning to go for S.M course in 2012-13? Which Institute are you aiming? Apart from IISM and IISWBM, I have also heard of UTM in Shillong which offers Sports management. Please keep me updated...

[email protected]

NO mantri132,still no reply..Me too in TCS...i am aiming for this course @2312-13..DO u have any knowledge about UTM?how's the placement?got info from some third persons abt IISM,though they are not very convincing..IISWBM is fine..DO you know any course @ pandicherry???

Anybody,please help us ..