IIFT 2007: Queries and Discussion

Hello puys..!!

I called up K J somaiya pl a few days back.. to confirm whether they take iift scores.. coz they used to take it till last year...

He said that they dont but was sounding really unsure...

what shud i do??
am scoring 2.53 (any chances)?

2.53 ? or 25.3 ? hmmmmm if it is 2.53 i guess u a very hopeful guy..on a serious note..2.53 no chance anywhere yaar ! 25.3 k j somaya...shud get a calll
abhinandansexy Says
2.53 ? or 25.3 ? hmmmmm if it is 2.53 i guess u a very hopeful guy..on a serious note..2.53 no chance anywhere yaar ! 25.3 k j somaya...shud get a calll

ohh am so sorry.. 22.53 is my score..
akipush Says
ohh am so sorry.. 22.53 is my score..

cant comment on this...dont know K J somaya cut off is over the past few years..catch up any guy from that college....

erm...so kj somaiya takes iift scores?

Previous GD/PI Experience at IIFT of http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...ce-2007-a.html (IIFT Gd Pi Experience 2007-2009 Thread) - 2007-2009

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...xperience.html (IIFT (2006-200 GDPI Experience & Analysis.) - 2006-2008

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...007-gd-pi.html (Iift (2005-2007) Gd/pi Experience, Analysis Etc.) - 2005-2007

Do go through them... should be of great help ..

maparna Says
erm...so kj somaiya takes iift scores?

removed as no longer relevant

People Please send as many copies of the attached mail as you can to the following id's :

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dear Sir,
On behalf of the thousands of students who sat for the IIFT entrance test on 25th November, 2007, for the 2008-2010 session, we wish to point out a major blunder which has occurred in the answer sheet evaluation process.
Sir, as you can see in the attachment (Downloaded from IIFT website), the paper this year was divided in to multiple sections with differential marking for each section. This meant that the student was supposed to show his competence in all the sections for selection to GD/PI round. This is similar to what the IIM-CAT and all other competitive exams follow.
But to our utter shock and dismay , the results declared and subsequent telephonic conversation with the controller of examination , point to the fact the only overall cut offs have been considered and many students who have not even attempted a particularly difficult section , have secured GD/PI calls.
This calls into question the whole premise of dividing the paper sectionally and also having differential marking. Why would some one undertake pains to do all that and then just disregard it?
Sir, what has transpired is totally unjust and calls into question the whole evaluation procedure. It is our request to you that please inquire into the circumstances of the whole affair and set right the anomaly.
Regards,
AGGREIVED STUDENTS.

lets force a official reply from IIFT people....and esp this Mr mago

Well.. I don't really agree with this mail.. Nowhere in the instructions was it mentioned that u have to display ur competence in all the sections.. All the exams/institutes who take sectional cutoffs into consideration clearly mention it in the instructions.. They did so in the CAT..

How they design the paper is entirely up to them.. We don't really have a say in that..

This was my opinion.. Ppl might differ..

Cheers!
People Please send as many copies of the attached mail as you can to the following id's :

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dear Sir,
On behalf of the thousands of students who sat for the IIFT entrance test on 25th November, 2007, for the 2008-2010 session, we wish to point out a major blunder which has occurred in the answer sheet evaluation process.
Sir, as you can see in the attachment (Downloaded from IIFT website), the paper this year was divided in to multiple sections with differential marking for each section. This meant that the student was supposed to show his competence in all the sections for selection to GD/PI round. This is similar to what the IIM-CAT and all other competitive exams follow.
But to our utter shock and dismay , the results declared and subsequent telephonic conversation with the controller of examination , point to the fact the only overall cut offs have been considered and many students who have not even attempted a particularly difficult section , have secured GD/PI calls.
This calls into question the whole premise of dividing the paper sectionally and also having differential marking. Why would some one undertake pains to do all that and then just disregard it?
Sir, what has transpired is totally unjust and calls into question the whole evaluation procedure. It is our request to you that please inquire into the circumstances of the whole affair and set right the anomaly.
Regards,
AGGREIVED STUDENTS.

lets force a official reply from IIFT people....and esp this Mr mago

With no offence meant to the AGGREIVED STUDENTS ..

Come to think of it .. the difficult sections had more weightage in terms of marks .. QUANT and DI .. compared to the easier sections ( LR)
So if u just attempt the easy sections only to get you through you would need to attemp almost all questions... With almost 90 % accuracy ..
Which is again quite difficult to achieve ..

Hence i think the differential marking compensated for the absence of the sectional cut offs ..

can anyone just enumerate institutes that accept iift score .mine is 22.3

Shilpa,
The score you are telling is posted on IIFT website or from your calculations? I am not able to find any links to scores on website. Could you please clarify?
Dhruv

Shilpa,
The score you are telling is posted on IIFT website or from your calculations? I am not able to find any links to scores on website. Could you please clarify?
Dhruv

IIFT : MBA (INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS) (2008 -2010) :: SCORE CARD
kekambus Says

hey it is always giving date of birth not matching with the roll number
manish1125 Says

Works 4 me:)

hi guys...i got 29.59...had not got the call.....i just want to bring one thing to notice of all...i had marked the answer to one DI wuestion as A..question number 32 in set b...it was regrading the set on some SO2 polution...all the TUTORIALS INCLUDING TIME CL PT IMS CF were giving the same answer as A....including this question i was getting 30.6....but at home after solving this question, i knew the answer should be C and had calculates my score as 29.6..and that is what i got.....so my point is to all the PPL..do not consider the keys of these tutorials to be RIGHT....now i realise how the keys go heywire in cat 2........just give the exam and forget about it....these tutorials are never right be it analysis or answer keys..this is as per my experience.....i know i missed the bus just by a question or 2....but neverthe less i will one day...and surely in the exmas to come....ALL THE BEST TO ALL....

My Scores

English -
QA & DI -
LR -
GK -
Total -

And yes .. GOT A CALL ...

try refreshing this page and then enter details
manish1125 Says

try refreshing this page and then enter details

Originally Posted by
vineet.nitd
It is not ..My friend with 30.4 dint get the call.Cut off may be around 31 marks.

Originally Posted by nurav;
and my friend with a score of 31.8 got a call..
guess it was around 31.

avik_c2 Says
guys .. my friend with 30.85 got a call.... so its 30.5 i guess

this shud end the speculations .. ..

Hi,

Have people in Bangalore started receiving the call letters and the CV form?

I have not received it yet 😞