Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management)

As a part of the 3rd Annual Healthcare Management Conference, Goa Institute of Management collaborated with the AIC-GIM Foundation and organised a healthcare hackathon. Healthcare start-ups were invited to showcase their entrepreneurial skills and come up with solutions that enhance universal health coverage.

The winning prize in the ‘Feasibility Category’ was awarded to Mr Naveen Kumar M, Founder and CMO, Fititout Solutions. In the category of ‘Social Impact’, Ms Priyal Agrawal, Founder and CEO, StandWeSpeak stood out amongst the other competitors. Mr Susman Rajan, Founder and CEO, CasaMed won the ‘Scalability Category’ in the hackathon.

We applaud and congratulate all the participants and winners for coming up with innovative ideas that will make a difference in the time to come.

1 Like

“CRM in the e-commerce FMCG world has reached a point where it is expanding into new ecosystems.”, stated Mr Chetan Kunder, Head of Consumer & Market Insights at Unilever (Malaysia & Singapore), in a webinar hosted by the Corporate Relations and Placements Big Data Analytics - GIM on the topic ‘Relevance of Consumer Insights in the FMCG Industry’.

Mr Kunder initiated the session by describing how he views analytics from a Consumer and Market Insights (CMI) lens, starting with a market survey and ending with the final delivery of the product or service to the end consumer by using sophisticated and advanced analytics tools.

He demonstrated how analytics professionals identify product purchase patterns in e-commerce businesses and then engage consumers to buy products from their websites using the concept of Galton Board. He reiterated the importance of believing in oneself and asking the right questions to get the best insights out of data as a budding data analyst.

We thank Mr Chetan Kunder for such an inspirational and informative session and would like to have more interactions with him in the future.

1 Like

We were honoured to host Mr Clarence T’ao and Ms Helene Li, Co-Founders at GoImpact Capital Partners, as the guest speakers for the Aspire’22 session organised by the Corporate Relations and Placement Committee – BIFS and Prof. Sreerupa Sengupta, Assistant Professor, GIM. They spoke on the topic – ‘ESG – What Does That Mean for Financial Institutions’.

“While engaging with stakeholders, an organisation must consider responsibility, influence, proximity, dependency, and representation.”, said Mr T’ao as he emphasised the role of sustainability in corporate performance. He further explained the risks faced by organisations – physical, transition, and human risks.

“Mainstreaming, acceleration, and policy support will be the key drivers to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.”, said Ms Li as she talked about the global initiatives tackling the climate crisis. She also shared the various sustainability reporting standards used by organisations.

We would like to thank Mr Clarence T’ao and Ms Helene Li for the insightful and interactive session, and we hope to host them for more such sessions in the future.

We extend our heartfelt congratulations to Mr Aadarsh Bansal and Mr Harshul Bhatia, (PGDM 2020–22), for emerging winners in Consultimania, as a part of the OJAS XIV event, organised by S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.

We applaud their accomplishments and wish them continued success in future endeavours.

2 Likes

The Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Healthcare Management aids the participants to become dynamic leaders through the application of critical thinking skills in business situations. The course structure provides you with a robust understanding of the healthcare ecosystem and helps you to apply management skills in healthcare.

This course offers case-based practical training, bootcamp at the Goa campus, and internship assistance.

Join the course now at Post-Graduate Certificate Program In Healthcare Management – SkillSir

COVID-19 has shifted the professional world’s outlook and it is now more important than ever to modify the way we operate to progress.

Ms Ruchika Mehta, Top 50 Disruptors, 40Under40, touched upon one such area in a session organised by Ribandar Talks - The Leader’s Interaction Club of GIM, and spoke on the topic, ‘How COVID-19 has Reshaped Branding and Communication’.

Ms Mehta wonderfully highlighted the significance of understanding consumer demands to develop a customer-brand relationship. She also discussed the factors that future leaders should consider to avoid making false promises to clients, such as improving both internal and external communication.

We were thrilled to welcome Ms Ruchika Mehta and thank her for providing the students with valuable marketing advice. We hope to hold more sessions with her in the future.

1 Like

Students of Goa Institute of Management aced the ‘One Winner’ competition of the ArthAaveg Fest organised by Bhopal School of Social Sciences (BSSS), Bhopal. Team GIM Hunters scored the maximum points in the fest that included several competitions, workshops, panel discussions, and seminars.

The team comprised Ms Vidhi Mittal, Ms Bhavika Chandwani, Mr Deekshith PHK, Mr Jatin Tripathi, Ms Shravani Kulthe, Mr Shubham Kudtarkar, Ms Shivani Redkar, Mr Rahul Devnath, Mr Ayush Kumar, and Mr Ayush Mishra from the PGDM batch of 2021-2023.

Congratulations to all the awardees for taking on the challenge and representing GIM with brilliance.

2 Likes

HRiday - The HR Club of GIM organised a National HR Business Symposium ‘Anveshan – 2022’, on the theme of ‘Redefining Paradigms’.

The opening ceremony of Anveshan 2022 was marked by ‘Gyaanodaya’, which saw the launch of ‘HRidayveda’ – The Annual HR magazine of GIM in the presence of Dr Ajit Parulekar, Director, GIM. Ms Cecilia Azavedo, Global Head of HR Business Partners, Biocon Biologics shared her business acumen and experiences with the students.

The event had other interesting competitions lined up for the students like ‘Samiksha’, the national level live HR case study competition; ‘Margdarshan’, an industry mentorship HR simulation competition and ‘InQuizitive’, a national level online HR quiz competition. Ms Rochelle Rodrigues, Certified Career Advancement and Leadership Coach conducted a certified workshop on ‘Situational Leadership’ to help students get hands-on learning.

The symposium provided students with an opportunity to have a deeper understanding of the HR domain and will assist them in applying these learnings in the real world.

1 Like

We are pleased to extend our heartiest congratulations to Mr Manas Dubey, Mr Rounak Chakrawarti, and Mr Shashank Sawant (PGDM 2021-23), for qualifying the national semi-finals and securing the second position in the Social Media Buzz round of Finvestors 1.0. The event was conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam.

We wish them continued success for their future endeavours.

•Humans of GIM•

I have always been a lousy kid, but life transformed me into a responsible man. Here is my story.

I graduated back in 2016 with a Bachelor’s in Commerce and life was good; friends, parties, a ‘planned’ future, everything seemed sorted. I always aspired to do an MBA, so I joined a small firm right after my graduation to gather work experience. But all hell broke loose in 2017 when my father got diagnosed with Leukaemia. A single report changed our life. The following few months started slow with his treatment but then suddenly he suffered multiple cardiac arrests during one of his blood transfusions and was on ventilator support for a month. Overnight, the child of the family had to become the man of the family. Fighting with nightmares and financial crisis, my mother and I were finally able to bring him back home after a struggle of forty-five days. However, the cancer had by then evolved to the third stage and he needed immediate chemotherapy. He was almost paralysed waist down and to take him for chemotherapy fifteen days a month was difficult emotionally, but as a son, I did what I had to do.

I spent the remaining part of 2018 and 2019 juggling between his chemotherapy and my work. Being the only child, I could not pursue my MBA because of the responsibilities I had to shoulder. During all those nights, I experienced what depression was. It does not let you get out of your bed, but I had no option.

Unfortunately, after a very brave fight, my father lost his battle to cancer in January 2020. I was almost 26 years old and broken by then. I had two options - to settle for the life I had or to pick up my books after 3 long-lost years and give one last crack at my aspirations. It was a huge leap of faith, but I decided to resign from work and concentrate on my studies, which was not an easy task.

Pursuing my PGDM in Healthcare Management, I am still hustling every day to get better, and I do not want to forget my past because that is what gave me my present.

-Jishnu Basu (PGDM HCM 2021-23)

2 Likes

The campus is set to host the much-awaited chapter of TEDxGIM for the year 2022. Goa Institute of Management is pleased to welcome the line-up of all the prominent speakers and performers who would be enlightening the students with their extensive industry experience.

Eminent personalities like Ms Mrinalini Nair, a Dance Movement Therapist; Mr Sadakat Aman Khan, a Hindustani Classical and Fusion Musician; Dr Rita Jairath, one of the pioneers in women’s bodybuilding from India; Ms Trupti Karjinni, Founder and CEO of Blue Pine Arts; and Mr Rahul Nainwal, Social Entrepreneur, Design Thinker, and the Co-Founder of iVolunteer would be sharing their views on the theme – ‘Who Created Thought?’

Stay tuned and mark your calendar for 28th February, 2022.

Literati ’22, organised by Kshitiz - The Creativity & Literary Club of GIM, brought out the creative smear in all the participants as they decoded various pictures and videos in ‘I Spy’. In ‘Parallel Universe’, the participants put on a director’s cap and devised an alternative ending for the movie shown to them.

Potterheads had a gala time as they had to find ‘horcruxes’ during the ‘Horcrux Chase’. Blabbering was the word of the hour with everyone having a tough time communicating their thoughts during the ‘Globaal Tiff’ round.

A hearty congratulations to all the winners!

1 Like

Starry night, a lit-up stage, strumming chords, rhythmic heartbeats, and a delighted crowd perfectly sums up the ‘OxyGIM Night’ organised by Inception - The Annual Cultural, Music & Food Fest of GIM. GIM’s Own Band - OxyGIM lifted everyone’s spirits.

1 Like

We were honoured to host Mr Priyadarshi Dutta, Senior Vice President and Head of Credit Card Risk, RBL Bank, as the guest speaker for the Aspire ’22 series, organised by the Corporate Relations and Placements Committee – BIFS.

"Data analytics involves both predictive modelling as well as non-statistical analysis.”, said Mr Dutta, as he addressed the class. He walked the students through the three stages of the credit life cycle: finding the right customer, managing the customer, and finally collecting and recovering the debt. He also taught the students about the principles of analytics, risk analysis, and risk management in connection with potential clients’ creditworthiness.

Mr Dutta delivered an in-depth discussion on the use of analytics in fraud control, emphasising the need of reducing false positives and capture true frauds. He also advised students on what they should consider if they want to pursue a career in finance.

We would like to extend our gratitude towards Mr Priyadarshi Dutta for taking the time to interact with the students. We hope to host him on campus soon.

1 Like

Exuberance was in the air at Goa Institute of Management when RaZzMaTaZz - The Cultural Club of GIM, organised the Lohri celebration. The night began with some amazing dance performances by the students to Punjabi songs, followed by the Lohri bonfire.

The enthusiasm and joy grew through the night as everyone danced to the beats of the drums. It is time to look forward to more gala times as festivities and how they are celebrated continue to be the most triumphant moments at GIM.

1 Like

Mental wellness is as important to overall well-being as physical health, social and emotional connectedness, and intellectual accomplishment. As COVID-19 compelled everyone to adapt their style of functioning within four walls, it became more vital to talk about mental health.

Keeping this in mind, Ms Smita Kumar, Yogi, Educator & Researcher - Mindfulness; Mr Nishadh Amonkar, Founder - Covidav; and Mr Kaustuv Ghosh, Management Consultant - Accenture were welcomed by Prabhaav, an initiative of GIM’s PGDM - Healthcare Management students, in collaboration with 27th Pascoal and Mariz Menezes panel discussion series on the topic ‘Organisational Responsibility and Mental Wellbeing of Employees’, moderated by Dr Supriya Phadnis, Professor, GIM and Dr Sreerupa Sengupta, Professor, GIM. They discussed the necessity of counselling, raising awareness about mental health and encouraging people to get treatment.

They also highlighted the stigma associated with mental health, which must be addressed. The discussion also shed light on providing a secure space for employees, maintaining privacy, and building trust as one of the ways to bring about change.

We thank everyone for taking out time and sensitising the GIM fraternity regarding the issue. We hope to have more sessions in the future.

Life is a voyage of learning and experiencing new things.

Having said that, the winners of WIZBIZ 2021, the corporate quiz organised by MECCA - The Marketing Club of GIM share their experiences about the event and how they look forward to it year on year.

Read about their perspectives and gear up for the event tomorrow!

As the campus lights up under the morning sun with majesty of the Sahyadris in the background, GIMites welcome yet another bright day to look forward to.

1 Like

It has been rightly said, ‘All good things come to an end’! Inception 2022 - The Annual Cultural, Music, and Food Fest of GIM ended on a high note and gave GIMites tons of memories to carry along with them.

Pictures do not do justice to the two-day grand fiesta but here are some of the best moments captured.

1 Like

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.

Women like Eleanor Roosevelt give veracity to the feminist movement and inspire others to tread on their footsteps. In this day and age, women are the harbingers of growth across the world and GIM stands beside all these women in their endeavour for a ‘gender-equal world for a sustainable tomorrow’.

Let us salute the immense impact these women have made on us and join them in this journey for a better world.

Happy International Women’s Day!