[2012-2014] BIM,Trichy Official thread for admission related queries

This is the official thread for queries pertaining to the 2012 admissions of Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli. Criterion for shortlisting - CAT scores followed by GD and PI. Issue of application forms begins - Dec…

This is the official thread for queries pertaining to the 2012 admissions of Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli.

Criterion for shortlisting - CAT scores followed by GD and PI.

Issue of application forms begins - December 1,2011

Last date for submission of forms - January 30,2012

For more information on admissions please visit Admissions | BIM

For information on Life at BIM, visit http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-bim-trichy-25021663

Some Quick Questions here :-

1. What was the Cutoff for the last year ? (Overall , individual , till what %ile did people got calls)
  2. How is the Placement for the present batch faring ? (Average package , median package etc)

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Dear Puys

On behalf of the PG HQ, I welcome the entire team from BIM Tichy who would be answering your application/admission queries for this year.

BIM is one of the most premier names in the domain, and I am sure that all of you who are looking at getting to the right school, will get all your queries answered through this thread.

The thread can also function as a networking place for all applicants of this year. This will be useful for the entire process, and will give you a better idea about your peer group at the institute.

All the very best!

Soumik (PG-HQ)

Some Quick Questions here :-

1. What was the Cutoff for the last year ? (Overall , individual , till what %ile did people got calls)
  2. How is the Placement for the present batch faring ? (Average package , median package etc)

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Only the overall percentile is considered. The respective cutoffs for OC,TN-BC,TN-MBC and SC/ST are 90,75,60 and 55. The highest percentile is 98.xx.

Placements for the current batches are due to start in November. For last year's placement details, visit Placements | BIM

hello seniors,I am coming up with a new sort of question that you might not have come across as of yet.
I have a work ex of 2 years.I left my job on account of preparing for my MBA.I have taken up coaching from TIME where I am consistently scoring 85% above and I know it would shoot upto 95% in the real scenario.My teachers also suggested that.

My question is Does BIM consider year gaps of around 1-1.5 years??
Am I eligible to go ahead filling up the form?
I have faith in BIM,which i have heard is famous for its integrity but I just dont want a NO and a show cause later after the final lists come out as what had been the scene with IMI Delhi last year.
Please suggest!

hello seniors,I am coming up with a new sort of question that you might not have come across as of yet.
I have a work ex of 2 years.I left my job on account of preparing for my MBA.I have taken up coaching from TIME where I am consistently scoring 85% above and I know it would shoot upto 95% in the real scenario.My teachers also suggested that.

My question is Does BIM consider year gaps of around 1-1.5 years??
Am I eligible to go ahead filling up the form?
I have faith in BIM,which i have heard is famous for its integrity but I just dont want a NO and a show cause later after the final lists come out as what had been the scene with IMI Delhi last year.
Please suggest!

If you get a call, you will be given an application form where you have to fill up details like description of work-ex, duration etc. As long as you are able to justify the reason for the gap in the interview, there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks a lot Shekys.
I want to further know that if I explain that I wanted to pursue my higher studies and that is the reason why i left my job despite having high track record,what do you think,would they consider it?

Thanks a lot Shekys.
I want to further know that if I explain that I wanted to pursue my higher studies and that is the reason why i left my job despite having high track record,what do you think,would they consider it?

They generally expect a connect between your UG background, current job and your long term goals. Don't know if your answer would be accepted but generally MBA is a means to an end(career goals) and not an end in itself.
addrija Says
nothing definite is given there.....i would be really helpful if someone could quote the figure....i really wanna know abt the placement of this college....

the complete details about the placements are in below given link.

http://www.bim.edu/index/doc/executive-placement-report.pdf

Arjun Prakash. S
2011-13
BIM Trichy

hi!when is the last date of filling up the form??

does bim gives out profile based calls?
i was going through your college's website but i didn't find the batch profile of the present batch?please suggest where do i find the same?

Crackpots Says
hi!when is the last date of filling up the form??

Buddy, Check out the website..you will find more info..
Admissions | BIM

It says 30th January 2012 (changes will be announced later).
does bim gives out profile based calls?
i was going through your college's website but i didn't find the batch profile of the present batch?please suggest where do i find the same?

As previously mentioned, once you apply and get shortlisted for gd and p.i , you would most probably be sent a form of about 8-10 pages(not sure) in which you would be asked about all your details. you would be asked to fill those and send it back to the college.
BIM gives importance to profile, which includes your 10th 12th and graduation scores, co curricular extra curicular,etc , provided you score above the cut off mark in CAT. All the Best!!

Arjun Prakash . S
2011-13
BIM Trichy
Only the overall percentile is considered. The respective cutoffs for OC,TN-BC,TN-MBC and SC/ST are 90,75,60 and 55. The highest percentile is 98.xx.

Placements for the current batches are due to start in November. For last year's placement details, visit Placements | BIM

Can u please xplain what is meant by TN-BC??? and is it different from general OBC? what is the cutoff for OBC from any other state?
As previously mentioned, once you apply and get shortlisted for gd and p.i , you would most probably be sent a form of about 8-10 pages(not sure) in which you would be asked about all your details. you would be asked to fill those and send it back to the college.
BIM gives importance to profile, which includes your 10th 12th and graduation scores, co curricular extra curicular,etc , provided you score above the cut off mark in CAT. All the Best!!

Arjun Prakash . S
2011-13
BIM Trichy

@ sarjun.5888
what could be the possible cutoff for this year?i am from the general category.
why was last time the cutoff for TN-BC and OBC so low?
Buddy, Check out the website..you will find more info..
Admissions | BIM

It says 30th January 2012 (changes will be announced later).

@ervishwak,may be the data and figures are given over there.but i wanted it here in pagalguy itself.website mein to bohot kuch milta hai par bohot dhundna padhta hai .utna time kahan hai kisike paas?
vamsikiran_26 Says
Can u please xplain what is meant by TN-BC??? and is it different from general OBC? what is the cutoff for OBC from any other state?

TN-BC is a quota for BC students of Tamilnadu. It is included as per the state government norms. It is different from OBC.

@ sarjun.5888
what could be the possible cutoff for this year?i am from the general category.
why was last time the cutoff for TN-BC and OBC so low?

The general category cutoff is usually at least 90 percentile. For the 2010-12 batch, it was 92.xx percentile and for 2011-13, it was 90.xx.

What is the cutoff for OBC's from other states? Are they considered as OBC's or general candidates?

shekys Says
They generally expect a connect between your UG background, current job and your long term goals. Don't know if your answer would be accepted but generally MBA is a means to an end(career goals) and not an end in itself.

Thanks a lot sekhar!
how are the faculties over there?