BITS Pilani is one of India’s leading institutes of higher education and a deemed university under section 3 of the UGC act. With prominent legacy, enriching learning and alumni in leadership positions across the world, BITS Pilani has always been the Institute of choice for top students.
Department of Management at BITS Pilani brings a cutting edge thinking and best learning practices to its flagship MBA program through three semesters of rigorous classroom training coupled with provision for 6 months exposure to industry through structured and evaluative internship (Practice School) or dissertation making this programme one of its kind.
Candidates admitted to the MBA program may also be considered for teaching assistantship and /or partial tuition fee waiver. Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other development programs of the institute under guidance of faculty.
B.E./B-Tech in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized university or any integrated first degree of BITS. Candidates should have obtained minimum of 60% aggregate marks in qualifying degree.
BITS Pilani will use CAT 2018 or GMAT scores for shortlisting candidates for its MBA program. Shortlisted candidates then have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. IIM's have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
The Practice School (PS) is a distinguishing feature of the MBA program at BITS, Pilani. After completing the course work in the first three semesters, the students are required to undertake the PS program in the last semester which forms a part of the overall structured curriculum. Herein, all the students get an opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge and skills to real practical problems.
The Salient Features of Practice School Program:-
· 6 months of well thought-out and guided internship. Students work on real-time projects in domains of their interest
· Enhancement of business acumen through inculcation of team working, decision making, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Insight into Industrial culture that grooms students for Corporate life
· Marks the foundation level, wherein the students project themselves as enviable assets as managers
· Handsome stipends along with other perks, which include travel, accommodation etc. Many graduates are offered Pre Placement Offers (PPO) on completion of the 6 months training
· Practice School program institutionalizes the essential link between educational and professional worlds, and prepares BITS MBA students to face and meet the challenges of the professional world before they enter the industry.
Students of DOM BITS Pilani has the opportunity to learn at a place which offers them world class academic knowledge and the real zeal a campus has to offer. With exposure to the best sports infrastructure our students marked their presence at one of the biggest college sports gathering in India.
MBA students at renowned universities are given exposure which in unparallel compared to a typical B-school. Students at DOM, BITS Pilani has opportunities to showcase their talent in various national and international events happening round the year. Here is another achievement story of our talented students.
With a plethora of opportunities given to the students to achieve their goals, DOM,BITS Pilani would like to share its first summer internship placement. We congratulate those who have succeeded in it and wish that whatever they do, may success attend their efforts.
In a place where excellence arrives from all directions of India, it is not always possible to make it home for a special occasion. So we at BITS Pilani try to create a atmosphere where one never truly feels away from home.
Here is a picture showing the Diwali celebrations that happened at the iconic Rotunda.