[email protected] Rohtak

hie...gr8 to read such inspirin xperiences...:cheerio::cheerio:wanted to noe d gender ratio in d batch;-) (rough idea wud do 2)

nehamalhan89 Says
hie...gr8 to read such inspirin xperiences...:cheerio::cheerio:wanted to noe d gender ratio in d batch;-) (rough idea wud do 2)

our batch has 3 girls in a total of 48 students

Haryana has one of the lowest ratios in the country. Being from Haryana, I feel ashamed of ths fact. I think IIM Rohtak can contribute in this cause by selecting more women or, may be, reserving few seats for them 😃

hey ,how are the summer internships shaping up ? as an aspirant to a new b school, this shall be very helpful.

Regds,
Abhinav

Vikrant.Yadav Says
Haryana has one of the lowest ratios in the country. Being from Haryana, I feel ashamed of ths fact. I think IIM Rohtak can contribute in this cause by selecting more women or, may be, reserving few seats for them :)

yeah man....even i from Rohtak....IIM-Rohtak should learn from Medical College Rohtak and accept atleast 30-40 % gals 😃

@All,

Do try these kool eating joints: (u'll know the most)

1) pandit chat bhandar (PCB)
2) blue-berry
3) bheem singh ke machhi ke pakode
4) madras restaurant on shiela bai paas is famous 4 South-indian food
5) tinku n kake chicken corner
6) ladhu ki daal at bhiwani stand
7) Bikaner ki chats n gol-gappe
shanty ki chap
9) ande walla at railway line crossing near durga bhawan mandir (on way to model town)
10) one place opposite services club...just next to model school ..has awesome roasted chicken!!

and a lot more.....

puys i am in US...miss all of this.....hope will be back home sumtime :lookround:

can we have more inputs on this thread!!!

regarding
>> the Campus IIM Rohtak is currently functioning out of?
>> the town of Rohtak?
>> the hostel facilities, cafeteria, laundry (mundane but really important if one has to wash their own clothes), etcNumber of hours of classes.
>> Sports, etc.
>> The PARTY scene @ IIM Rohtak.... bird watching.. etc
.... anything else seniors would like to add?

PS: I am not sure about pagalguy rules..... so if this goes against mods.. PM me to edit the post... 😃

regarding
>> the Campus IIM Rohtak is currently functioning out of?
>> the town of Rohtak?
>> the hostel facilities, cafeteria, laundry (mundane but really important if one has to wash their own clothes), etcNumber of hours of classes.
>> Sports, etc.
>> The PARTY scene @ IIM Rohtak.... bird watching.. etc
.... anything else seniors would like to add?

PS: I am not sure about pagalguy rules..... so if this goes against mods.. PM me to edit the post... :)

Adding to you post:
Are there any chances of bringing Investment banks for placements? ( as i have experience of working for them :oops:)
How's finance faculty?
How active are clubs and do we get learning exposure while working for them?
Hows the food? (i am very fond of eating )
Even i am eagerly waiting for those replies..

Hey, How is the hostel here? I read it is nice, but would be glad if I could get more details.
Does it have attached bathroom? Considering the climate, is there an AC facility in the room?

Also, have the summer internship been good for you guys? And, how are you managing the fees.. Has IIM Rohtak any tie ups with banks?

Thoroughly enjoying the Induction week at IIM Rohtak ... the campus is nice with lots of facilities 😃 .... especially the hostel rooms are quite spacious and well equipped.

Had a couple of guest lectures today on 'Teaching Pedagogy and IIM value system orientation' from some of the most eminent IIM faculties and the experience was great. Lots of case studies and group assignments going on as well ....

One more interesting day in IIM Rohtak .... today was the last day of the Induction programme ... started off with interactive sessions with a few IIM alumnus followed by a Cultural event and dinner ....

The good thing about being in a new institute is the positive energy and enthusiasm that surrounds it ..... Finally the classes are starting from Monday .... look forward to a great learning experience!!

It took me 6 years of preparation to reach here. But as my chemistry teacher said during one of his lectures in higher secondary, "A hard working person is often selected to work even harder". It is indeed true. A lot of people may think now that you have cracked CAT and got admission into IIM Rohtak, you would be having an easy life. Let me tell you nothing could be farther from the truth. You get a taste of life in the induction week itself.

We have a batch of 125 including 9 girls,something that is not surprising anymore. Majority of our batch has prior work experience. More than half of the batch can speak three or more languages but there are also some who do not speak Hindi at all. The moment our registration got over,we made plans for roaming around in Rohtak for the next three evenings as this was supposed to be the honeymoon period - Induction.

Little did we know that seniors in consultation with faculty had a plan in store for us. The moment we reached back to our rooms we got an assignment email. We were supposed to write an innovative marketing plan and the deadline was 8:30 pm. I turned out to be in a lucky group which clicked the 'send' button at 8:29 pm. Only 4 out of 26 groups submitted the assignment on time. We all gathered in the mess and received a big time scolding from the seniors. For the first time in life we were made to realize that a submission at 8:30 for an 8:30 deadline is actually a late submission. Next was a case study on an HR issue and the deadline was 2:30 am. After the scolding we received, submitting this assignment on time was never going to be an issue but the catch was the campus jog at 5:30 am for which we had to assemble downstairs at 5:15 am. Let me assure you not a single soul was late. Never before did I see such an improvement in such a large group within 24 hours. The purpose of the jog was to get us acquainted with various facilities available within the campus. Though the lack of sleep did make it a little difficult,but the cool breeze in the morning provided a big relief.

After going through all this we realized our day had only just begun. We reported for the induction well before the scheduled time of 9 am. We digested a lot of information on courses, course structure, institute rules, hostel rules during the next few hours. We also had Ms Vibha, Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Govt. of India as our chief guest. She and our Director Dr. P Rameshan both stressed on a need to give back to the society, now that we have reached a place from where we can make a difference. The sessions were enlightening and thought provoking to say the least. So it was 5:30 pm by now and I decided to get some rest before any assignment came my way. It turned out to be a very intelligent decision as we again had two assignments which we winded up by 3am in the morning.

Day two of the induction process had a session on 'How to approach Case Studies' taken by Dr Rameshan for one section and Dr Kalro for the other. Prior to this we had been addressed by Dr Kalro, former IIM K director on the merits of an IIM system and the expectations from the students. Assignments continued and day by day we were getting more and more comfortable with the so called 'stressed life style'. Day three of the induction had sessions with IIM Alumni, one from Ahmedabad and the other from Lucknow. Apparently the IIM A alumnus turned out to be Harsha Bhogle's batchmate. The two sessions were big time fun. They gave us a lot of insight into what goes into the making of an IIM grad. And it was during this time that we realized that they had gone through the same process some 20 odd years ago which we are going through currently and that's when the respect for our current seniors grew enormously, considering that they never had any seniors for themselves being the students of the first batch. I guess that's the difference an IIM creates. And hopefully we will one day live up to the expectations of our Director and make IIM Rohtak a global leader in Management Education.

The induction program ended with a cultural event in which I came to know about the vast talent sitting in my batch. One guy sang an original score written and composed by himself and the other who was a choreographer at IIT Roorkee proved his dancing talent on stage. If in just four days we have started feeling IIM Rohtak in our DNA, I wonder what we would become by the end of this course. In the words of our director, "There will be 125 atom bombs waiting to explode and make a difference to the world". IIM Rohtak indeed is a special place and my decision to join it was the best decision of my life.

End semester exams just two weeks away!!!:-(
Project submissions, quizzes, assignments of all subjects, in this two week span

Sleep has just vanished away
In fact Nescafe might soon sue the IIMs for reducing their sales!!
Coz after coming here one does not require any coffee to stay awake
Your brain is on fire all the time
And if u ever think of switching off the lights and going to sleep, guilt will knock at your dreams and soon you will find yourself wide awake with a heap of books in front of you !!

But somewhere there is a thrill in all this , so i guess i dont mind, and so wont u if u are here;)

Feels awsome to back @ PG after such a long time.. :)
End terms on deir way to blast us big tym and after dat VARCHASVA.. !!!
wow... counting days 2 go to the city of Nawaabs 😃 IIM L 😃

Last Friday, we were all taken in for a surprise when we saw few of our classmates entering the class wearing dhotis. It was Onam and our Malayali batchmates had decided, that not being in Kerala would not deter them from celebrating the festival . They also made an incredibly beautiful rangoli
It was wonderful to see everybody coming together to celebrate the festival and we thank our Malayali batch-mates for giving us a banana chips treat!!! :biggrin:
The festival season has just started , so looks like we will get ample opportunities to celebrate together and increase our waistlines !! And for a change we wont mind it.:cheers:

First trimester exams got over today ... with all the surprise quizzes, projects, guest lectures and extra curricular activities ... pata hi nahi laga teen mahine kaise beet gaye :D.

Life @IIM Rohtak rocks!! Look forward to exciting times ahead ....

IIM Rohtak celebrated its 3rd Foundation Day on 16th November 2011.
The auspicious occasion was graced by the presence of Industry stalwarts like
Mr Arunabh Das Sharma, Executive President,Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd.,
Mr. Ajay Srinivasan, Chief Executive, Financial Services, Aditya Birla Group,
Mr. S. P. Gathoo, Director (Human Resources), BPCL,
Dr. D. Subrahmanyam, Executive Director, HUDCO
along with the entire IIMR family.
It turned out to be an enlightening 4.5 hrs of discussion on "Mission India Indias Global Growth Leadership" with gripping debate between the two batches and insightful views from guests as well as faculty and students.
Hope to leverage our presence near the National Capital and have more interactions like this to enhance our learning experience and have fun at the same time.
Coverage of the event at : IIM Rohtak celebrates its foundation day - The Times of India

Last one - one and half month has been pretty eventful ... other than the Foundation day celebrations, we have had our first Management Conclave 'Mission India' on 30th October ... The same was attended by various corporate dignitaries with Mr C.M.Vasudev (Chairman, HDFC Bank and Director ICRA) as the keynote speaker of the event ...

There were a lot of thought provoking discussions on various aspects of management and current business scenario in India. All in all a great learning experience .... :)

Apart from this, we have had great fun during Navratri and Deepawali Celebrations as well .....

Only one week left for the end term exams which follows project submissions, assignment completion and yepp, preparation of exams:biggrin:. But amidst of all this The Rhythm-Cultural Committee of IIM Rohtak organized a Inter College Poster making contest which was open for any student to participate and we saw participation from schools too

The contest invited entries on the theme "India for Girl Child" and I'm happy to tell you that this place has hell lot of talent!:cheerio:
well, it was suitably used and appreciated as many prizes are awaiting for the participants. most of the participants were art students studying fine arts here in the university. Some of us also tried our hands on !! The event went for 2 hours in Tagore Audi Lawns...which itself is such an artistic piece of architecture.. some in hindi, some in english expressed their views through colours on the canvas...I hope this feeling comes in every Indian...
Judgement is still awaited..all in all it was a nice evening with few of the best artists around... fully worth it !:clap::clap::clap:

well see you guys, should study now !!