WeSchool Welingkar Mumbai Banglore Application Queries 2013 – 2015 Aspirants PGDM, E-Business, Business Design, Rural & Healthcare

This is a thread to discuss all the application related queries for both WeSchool that is Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Research and Development for both Mumbai and Banglore Campus for 2013 – 2015 aspirants to PGDM, E-Business, Bus…

This is a thread to discuss all the application related queries for both WeSchool that is Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Research and Development for both Mumbai and Banglore Campus for 2013 - 2015 aspirants to PGDM, E-Business, Business Design, Rural & Healthcare courses

Please put in the queries realted specifically to application here. Hope I am able to help you guys as much as I can. Seniors, other students of Welingkar please share the effort to help the aspirants.

is welingker accept mat scores?

mat-87.21
cat-56.27
cmat-133/400
is there any chance on the basis of these scores?
@hunny__04 said:
is welingker accept mat scores?mat-87.21cat-56.27cmat-133/400is there any chance on the basis of these scores?
welingkar doesnt accept mat scores. it accept cat, xat, cmat sep and feb and atma scores.
the scores are just a part of the process, so the chances depend on a lot of factors.
suh as:
1. The courses you apply to
2. The campuses you apply to
3. Your overall profile (extra curriculars, form filling answers to the questions, etc.)
4. Your Gd, PI and other interpersonal skills
The final call is the combination of all this scores.
The weightage to written exam score is just 35 % (140 marks of 400) in the entire selection process for the courses

thak you...so if i fill the form on the cat and cmat scores then they will call me for gd/pi?

@The.Monk said:
welingkar doesnt accept mat scores. it accept cat, xat, cmat sep and feb and atma scores.the scores are just a part of the process, so the chances depend on a lot of factors. suh as:1. The courses you apply to2. The campuses you apply to3. Your overall profile (extra curriculars, form filling answers to the questions, etc.)4. Your Gd, PI and other interpersonal skillsThe final call is the combination of all this scores. The weightage to written exam score is just 35 % (140 marks of 400) in the entire selection process for the courses
Do you have any idea what is the last year cmat cut off for GDPI call.
@gaurav23march said:
Do you have any idea what is the last year cmat cut off for GDPI call.
bulaega sabko bcz 35%weigtage on score..bharo form sab log
@bullish.guy said:
bulaega sabko bcz 35%weigtage on score..bharo form sab log
bhai how it possible ki sablo call dia jaaye suppose 5k form bhare gaye
to 5k ka gdpi not feasible for WE.

Can I expect a call from We-Mumbai at 234 in Cmat(Feb) and 208(sept)?

i have scored 194 in feb cmat...91.34 percentile...do i stand any chance fr welingkar? please reply...i am in third year10th-85.4
12th-83.6(best f 4) else 77.2
grad- pursuing-in final year-B.A.(hons) business economics...63.25 (uptil 5th sem)
work exp-0
@ayesha1234 said:
i have scored 194 in feb cmat...91.34 percentile...do i stand any chance fr welingkar? please reply...i am in third year10th-85.412th-83.6(best f 4) else 77.2grad- pursuing-in final year-B.A.(hons) business economics...63.25 (uptil 5th sem)work exp-0
There is no particular cut-off. It is seen that generally they have called approximately 1/3rd of the applicants for the GD-PI calls.
It also depends on all the courses you select.
Consider this example which a friend of mine and I had developed to explain it to our friends.
Consider where there are 2 pgdm -mum seats and 3- pgdm-ebiz seats only.
Say if 9 ppl apply.
1 - cmat 230 / 400
2 - cmat 225 / 400
3 - cmat 220 / 400
4 - cmat 215 / 400
5 - cmat 210 / 400
6 - cmat 205 / 400
7 - cmat 200 / 400
8 - cmat 195 / 400
9 - cmat 190 / 400
if all have applied "Only for PGDM - Mumbai" generally top 3 will be called.
so 1, 2 and 3 will be called.
Now, if
4 has applied for pgdm - mumbai plus ebusiness....
he will also be called for the interview.
as no one has applied for e-business but the same course also has 3 seats.
post that .... let us consider this... the process is divided into two stages 1 and 2.
stage 1 is of 170 marks (140 written exam score + 15 past academic record (10th and 12th) + 15 work experience)
stage 2 is of 230 marks.
say all 4 applicants have equal 10th and 12th and work experience for example.
so the score of 170 will be proportional to cmat scores. so for example
1- 80.5 (applied to pg-mum only)
2-78.75 (applied to pg-mum only)
3-77 (applied to pg-mum only)
4-75.25 (applied to pg-mum and e-biz)
from other 30 say all have scored 20.
so total from 170 - will be above +20
now weightage to interview is 100 marks... from remaining 230....
say 4 perfoms very well in interview and scores 10 more.....
so finally wen the total will be done from 400....
the score of 4 will be 10 more assuming they all perform same in other things.
so than 1, 2 and 4 will be offered pg-mum....
3 will be asked that there is a vacancy in pg-ebiz if he wants he can take.
the selection process works in this way.
feel free to ask doubts if u dont understand anything.
just a small attempt to explain. this is my personal understanding of the process.
@Gerrard_705 said:
Can I expect a call from We-Mumbai at 234 in Cmat(Feb) and 208(sept)?
the best cmat score will be considered. which in yur case is 234. it is a very good score. you can surely expect a call.
@gaurav23march said:
bhai how it possible ki sablo call dia jaaye suppose 5k form bhare gaye to 5k ka gdpi not feasible for WE.
true. it is just not possible to call everyone. they generally call top 1/3rd students. that is if 15000 have applied they will call top 5000.
but say if very few have applied for retial or rural or healthcare than they have a better chance of expecting a call.
and this is the same reason there is no cutoff.
the call is entirely depndent on the number of people who apply and the courses they apply to.

How is the chance of getting a call at cmat score of 176?

@rishik88 My score is 156 in CMAT but i have work experience. I called welingkar, They said to me that if I prove my work experience than score doesn't matter too much. They will also see other factors.

atma of may will be considerd????????

is blore colg at par wit mum?????

can blore students appear 4 placement in mum
Hi .... my Academics score in
SSC is 79%
HSC is 78%
BAF is 85%
my CMAT score is 215 ....
and .. I hav work-ex of 15 months as an associate in Crisil Ltd
So can i get call for GD PI from welingkar for PG program????

what are the deadlines for online application and for application p/o to reach Welingkar office?