SBI PO 2015 Preparation with Handa Ka Funda

I am Ravi Handa, founder of handakafunda.com We have online course for SBI PO 2015 exam. I also keep writing articles and keep sharing content which helps students prepare for SBI PO exam. In this thread, I will post my new and old articles which might help students prepare for the exam.

Feel free to ask prep related queries as well.

Find out all details about SBI PO 2015 notification here:

http://handakafunda.com/sbi-po-exam-notification-2015-new-pattern-syllabus-expected-dates/

Learn the basics of Clock related problems here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/articles/basics-of-clock-related-problems-for-cat-2013-8797712

Wondering how to increase your calculation tips - here are a few tips.

http://www.pagalguy.com/articles/tricks-to-speed-up-calculations-for-data-interpretation-ques-878670...

Hello everyone,

Just wanted some feedback. Yesterday I started bookings for an online course for SBI PO Prelim Exam for 999 Rs. The course includes a mock test series with 20 mocks in new pattern (100 questions). A few students on PG said that they would prefer if there was an option to buy just the mock test series - say priced at 499 Rs.

Please let me know your feedback. Would you be interested in such an option of just the mock test series?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Just introduced a new option. Now you can get the SBI PO Prelim Test Series here:

http://handakafunda.com/sbi-po-2015-preliminary-exam-preparation-course-phase/

20 full length mock tests in new pattern (100 questions each)

Albert and Bernard just became friends with Cheryl, and they want to know when her birthday is. Cheryl gives them a list of 10 possible dates.

May 15                May 16            May 19
June 17                June 18
July 14                July 16
August 14            August 15        August 17

Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard separately the month and the day of her birthday respectively.

Albert: I do not know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know too.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.

Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.

So when is Cheryl's birthday?

WillWill be taking a free class for SBI PO prep on Saturday at 5 PM. Leave a comment if you are interested, will message you the class link. 😃

Dear readers,

The quiz on fill in the blanks and cloze test, provided here, will help you prepare for the upcoming exams. Please try to give answers in the comment box; soon we will publish the correct answers.

Directions: (1-5): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

1. Behaving in a ................ and serious way, even in a .......... situation, makes people respect you.

(1) calm, difficult                     

(2) steady, angry

(3) flamboyant, tricky           

(4) cool, astounding

(5) silly, sound

2. Along with a sharp rise in ............... , a recession would eventually result in more men, women, and children living in ..........

(1) crime, apathy                    

(2) fatalities, poor

(3) deaths, slums                    

(4) unemployment, poverty

(5) migrations, streets

3. The governments has ............. to provide financial aid to the one ......... by severe floods in the city.

(1) desired, troubled             

(2) promised, havoc

(3) failed, affected                   

(4) wanted, struck

(5) decided, ill

4. An airplane with........... passengers on board made an unscheduled ............ as the airport to which it was heading

was covered with thick fog.

(1) irritable, slip                      

(2) faulty, stop

(3) variety, halt                        

(4) tons, wait

(5) numerous, landing

5. Deemed universities .......... huge fees, but have not been successful in providing ............... education to our students.

(1) collect, maintaining        

(2) pay, belted

(3) ask, good                              

(4) charge, quality

(5) demand, quantitative

Directions(6-15): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.

In economics, the term recession generally describes the reduction of a country's Gross Domestic

Product (GDP) for at least two quarters. A recession is (6) by rising unemployment, increase in government borrowing, (7), of share and stock prices, and falling investment. All of these characteristics have effects on people. Some recessions have been anticipated by stock market declines. The real - estate market also usually (8) before a recession. During an economic decline, high (9) stocks such as financial services, pharmaceuticals and tobacco (10) to hold up better. However, when the economy starts to recover growth, stocks tend to recover faster. There is significant disagreement about how health care and utilities tend to (11).

In 2008, an economic recession was suggested by several important indicators of economic downturn. These (12) high oil prices, which led to (13) high food prices due to a dependence of food production on petroleum, as well as using food crop products such as ethanol and biodiesel as an (14) to petroleum; and global inflation; a substantial credit crisis investment blanks as well (15) as commercial banks in various, and signs of contemporaneous economic downturns in major economics of the world, a global recession.

6. (1) imagined              (2)depict             (3) shown

(4) visualized                (5) characterized

7. (1) Increase                (2) variance        (3) more

(4) decrease                 (5) abundance

8.  (1) weakens              (2) intiates          (3) awakens

(4) strengthens              (5) volatile

9.  (1) maintained         (2) yield               (3) heavy

(4) result                        (5) payment

10. (1) are                       (2) want               (3)tend

(4) yearn                        (5) made

11. (1) distribute             (2) recover          (3) wait

(4) increased                (5) fight

12. (1) meant                  (2) show              (3) numbered

(4) included                  (5) encompass

13. (1) fearful                 (2) dangerous    (3) abnormally

(4) healthy                     (5) nutritious

14. (1) alternative           (2) variant          (3) substitute

(4) element                    (5) integral

15. (1) wealthy              (2) costly             (3) stand

(4) created                  (5) established

Answers:

1 (1)

2 (4)

3 (3)

4 (5)

5 (4)

Cloze Test Answers:

6 (5)

7 (4)

8 (1)

9 (2)

10 (3)

11 (2)

12 (4)

13 (3)

14 (1)

15 (5)

Free class for SBI PO 2015 exam starts in an hour. Join in (or view the recording) here:

http://handakafunda.com/free-class-sbi-po-2015-exam/

How to prepare for SBI PO 2015 in 1 month

One  of the most common questions that goes through a student's mind  is,  "Do I have enough time to prepare?" And if the student is preparing  for  SBI PO 2015 exam, it becomes of paramount importance, primarily   because there is only 1 month left for the exam. SBI PO exam  preparation  is a tough task but it can be accomplished with a little  bit of  practice and a little bit of effort. May be, I am being lenient  when I  am using the phrase 'little bit'. Probably the phrase should be  'a lot  of effort' because the SBI Bank PO exam is less than a month  away. In  this post, I would like to discuss some of the key things that  you can  do to enhance your preparation for SBI PO.
Marketing Aptitude, Banking Awareness, General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Marketing  Aptitude is an important aspect of SBI PO exam. There will  be 10 to 15  questions on this topic and it is easy to prepare for. Just  look for  some of the previous year papers to identify the kind of  questions  which get asked. In my online SBI PO Coaching course, you get a bunch of questions to practice from.
Questions  on Banking Awareness are also very common. You need to  quickly run  through the history of the Indian banks and also the go  through their  current heads. Good knowledge of commonly used terms will  also help a  lot.
For General Knowledge and Current  Affairs, it is recommended that you  are well versed with the events  that have taken place in the last 6  months. That will give you the  additional edge required to crack SBI PO.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
I  am sure that any SBI PO exam aspirant is aware of what pie charts  are  and what bar graphs are. Where they lose out is when they take too  much  time to solve these questions. The most important idea for these   questions is - you don't need to calculate the answer. You need to   approximate and eliminate the incorrect options. You will get to the   answer a lot faster this way. For SBI PO exam preparation, we have included 50+ videos on this topic.
Reasoning
Reasoning  is probably the section that takes the most time. The best  way to  crack this section is to identify the sets that you should solve.  Once  you figure out a set, you will be able to solve all the questions   involved in that particular set. There are a variety of concepts  covered  in our SBI PO preparation course.
English Language
This  is the section that you can run through very fast. The chances  of  making an error in this section are quite high. So while you are   attempting this section, mark only the questions that you are sure of.   Otherwise, you might end up with a below par score in this section   because of negative marking.

You can check out my online coaching course for SBI PO 2015 over here: SBI PO 2015 Online Exam Coaching and Preparation

Follow this only disables...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pwd-candidates-for-bank-po-33422687

SBI PO 2015 Exam Dates Announced

SBI PO Prelims

20th June, 21st June, 27th June, 28th June

SBI PO Mains - 1st August

More details on the link.

http://handakafunda.com/sbi-po-2015-exam-dates-announced-prelims-finals/

How to prepare for SBI PO Prelims Exam in 1 Month

To know more about the SBI PO prelims exam preparation tips, check out this blogpost.

http://handakafunda.com/prepare-sbi-po-prelims-2015-exam-1-month/

SBI PO 2015 Mains Preparation Course

This is in response to a query by @sumit6971 where he said:

"sir i just want to know about the coaching in detail,like what and how much will be available as study and practice material and how will you guide us to prepare for the descriptive exam"

The SBI PO 2015 Mains Exam course has the following features:

Video Tutorials

The course has approximately 200 video tutorials which cover Quant, DI, Reasoning (low and high level), English Language, Reading Comprehension, etc.

Documents

The course has a bunch of documents for Banking Awareness and Marketing Aptitude. It also has a monthly update on current affairs. There are some practice questions available in PDF as well, but not much. We rely on the test series for that.

Test Series

It consists of 5 full length mock tests. All questions not only have the answers but detail solutions with them. It also has various tools for analytics which help you figure out your strong and weak areas.

Doubt classes

Every weekend I will conduct live classes to clarify whatever doubts a student might have. These will contain difficult questions that students might get stuck in. Let me add, it will not be limited just to doubt questions but will also cover concepts that students find difficult.

Descriptive Paper

There will be a bunch of video tutorials on tips for writing essays, letters, etc. Also, I will evaluate the essays and letters that students send in and provide individual feedback.

Current Status - 23rd May

Approximately 60% of the content is already added in the course. Rest will be added in the coming month. The complete course will be available by 15th June The mock test series for SBI PO Mains exam will start once SBI PO prelims is over.

The course is available here:

http://handakafunda.com/sbi-po-2014-online-exam-preparation-coaching-syllabus-tests/

If you have any further questions about it, please comment on this thread or email me on ravihanda [at] gmail

Cheers.

i appeared in SBI po 2015 on 20 june slot 2.

i m form general category

reasoning : 14

quant: 13

english: 19

total 46 attempts ..

accuracy 85%

any chances of mine??

result kab ayega ?

yah aa jao sab

Result ki koi update ??aaj 5th h

SSC Recruitment Notification 2015-2016

UPSC Recruitment Notification 2015-2016