Round 1 applicants here - Michigan etal.

I finally submitted my application to Michigan(Ross) in time for Round 1, although my 11th hour rush changed my Diwali this year! Had interviewed earlier with a Second Year Student in October and got a TOEFL waiver over the phone. GMAT scores…

I finally submitted my application to Michigan(Ross) in time for Round 1, although my 11th hour rush changed my Diwali this year!

Had interviewed earlier with a Second Year Student in October and got a TOEFL waiver over the phone. GMAT scores should have reached by now as I received the ETS confirmation a week ago. Michigan accepted scanned transcripts so that that helped me a lot.

Anyone else out there who submitted or is planning to submit during Round 1 to the B-schools in US?

Let me know if anyone has questions with the application process. I would try my best to help.

All the best to all the fall 2006 aspirants

I finally submitted my application to Michigan(Ross) in time for Round 1, although my 11th hour rush changed my Diwali this year!

Had interviewed earlier with a Second Year Student in October and got a TOEFL waiver over the phone. GMAT scores should have reached by now as I received the ETS confirmation a week ago. Michigan accepted scanned transcripts so that that helped me a lot.

Anyone else out there who submitted or is planning to submit during Round 1 to the B-schools in US?

Let me know if anyone has questions with the application process. I would try my best to help.

All the best to all the fall 2006 aspirants

Hi!
Me too...submitted my round 1 app to Ross.
Good luck everybody!

-suresh

Hi!

I am planning to submit my app sometime soon; aiming for R2. Mailed Admissions Office and scured a TOEFL waiver. Yet to interview.

How was your Interview? Can you post more details on that?

Also, it would be worth knowing of anything special that may have to kept in mind (eg. Scanned copy of Transcript as you mentioned). Do post if anything comes to your mind.

Did you have to send anything by FedEx? What about the Fin Support Docs?

Cheers
-S

Hi!

I am planning to submit my app sometime soon; aiming for R2. Mailed Admissions Office and scured a TOEFL waiver. Yet to interview.

How was your Interview? Can you post more details on that?

Also, it would be worth knowing of anything special that may have to kept in mind (eg. Scanned copy of Transcript as you mentioned). Do post if anything comes to your mind.

Did you have to send anything by FedEx? What about the Fin Support Docs?

Cheers
-S

Me too R1 applicant at Ross. Let me share my experiences here

Most of my Ross interview focussed on the professional resume. I had a few questions and got the answers as follow up emails.

Apart from scanned transcripts, I can only think of calculus requirement. As long as you have ensured that you meet Ross' calculus requirement you should be ok. rest of the stuff is common for all B-schools

Didn't send anything via courier to Ross as scanned Transcripts took care of that..All the best for your application. Would wait for MBAfall2006 to respond.

Elrond,

My interview started with the interviewer introducing herself and then I had to talk about my career progression. I intermixed my monologue with why MBA? Why Michigan ? etc. Then came one of the questions I wasn't prepared for " Give me an example of conflict in your team". I asked the lady about placements and student life at Ross and she patiently responded to the question as well as she could. She also helped me get a response to a long overdue question from the admission office. Overall a relaxed interview and I feel I rambled a lot which could be also due to the fact that I didn't have the optical cues to stop

Vipin_singh has answered your other questions as well as I could..ATB

Elrond,

My interview started with the interviewer introducing herself and then I had to talk about my career progression. I intermixed my monologue with why MBA? Why Michigan ? etc. Then came one of the questions I wasn't prepared for " Give me an example of conflict in your team". I asked the lady about placements and student life at Ross and she patiently responded to the question as well as she could. She also helped me get a response to a long overdue question from the admission office. Overall a relaxed interview and I feel I rambled a lot which could be also due to the fact that I didn't have the optical cues to stop

Vipin_singh has answered your other questions as well as I could..ATB

Hi MBAfall2006,

Could you please clarify to me if these were the quetions you were asked for a TOEFL waiver interview over the phone?
If not could you please let me know more about what you were asked over the Telephonic TOEFL waiver interview. I have a TOEFL waiver interview scheduled for Dec 3rd with Darden.

Eagerly looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Cheers!!

Thanks MBAfall2006 and Vipin_singh!

I am planning to get on with scheduling the interview in this week.

And Vipin_Singh, thanks for the scanned Transcripts idea :)

Cheers
-S

I didn't schedule any TOEFL waiver interview. I had called up the admissions office to check on their TOEFL code and got to know that I need not submit my TOEFL scores, so was kinda lucky.

I think TOEFL waiver interview would just have standard questions like what was the mode of instruction during undergrad and if your background involved sufficient exposure to English. While you are answering the questions they would probably gauge your verbal communication and comprehension skills, so better use a very good and reliable Telecom connection. You should sail through. All the best

I didn't schedule any TOEFL waiver interview. I had called up the admissions office to check on their TOEFL code and got to know that I need not submit my TOEFL scores, so was kinda lucky.

I think TOEFL waiver interview would just have standard questions like what was the mode of instruction during undergrad and if your background involved sufficient exposure to English. While you are answering the questions they would probably guage your verbal communication and comprehension skills, so better use a very good and reliable Telecom connection. You should sail through. All the best

Aight thanks... Thats exactly what I am hoping for as well and yes I have a personal interview and not a telephonic one so thats an advantage.

Cheers!!!

I am applying to Michigan in R2. Thanks for the info on transcripts.

Hopefully, I'll get Stern done in R1. Anybody, here trying Stern??

Hi Nivedita,
Im planning to app to Stern in R1...still working on the personal essays...what other schools are you apping to?

Interesting to see many people app to Stern. Are you guys focussing on finance ? What made you choose stern ? If you could tell us more about the instt. and why you chose it , it might help others here as well 😃

Nivedita and other Stern aspirants,

Did you guys write to Stern to check if they can allow an application fee waiver? I noticed on their website that they allow app. fee waivers but am not sure how do they decide who is eligible and who is not. I hope some of you get the waiver as that would make applying easier for a lot of Indian applicants.

All the best for your applications!

woho now I have the esteemed honor to educate pagalguy...lol...anyways...like u rightly said....NYU is indeed finance centric...plus the NYC location gives it the additional edge(just like it does for Columbia)...I v been to NYU and liked hte place....talked to students....but one thing did come out....it can be a bit difficult for us desis (without any prev. finance workex) to shift into hardcore Finance...my senior frm college ended up working in Deloitte n he told me so....
GSB chicago is probably abetter bet for a career switch to finance....from what Iv seen...waiting anxiously for the interview call here 😃 what abt u pagalguy.....where art thou planning to go?
cheers
Praveen

P.S I believe it might be difficult to get fee waivers, I believe they have certain financial criteria...but u might wanna double check on that..

woho now I have the esteemed honor to educate pagalguy...lol...anyways...like u rightly said....NYU is indeed finance centric...plus the NYC location gives it the additional edge(just like it does for Columbia)...I v been to NYU and liked hte place....talked to students....but one thing did come out....it can be a bit difficult for us desis (without any prev. finance workex) to shift into hardcore Finance...my senior frm college ended up working in Deloitte n he told me so....
GSB chicago is probably abetter bet for a career switch to finance....from what Iv seen...waiting anxiously for the interview call here 😃 what abt u pagalguy.....where art thou planning to go?
cheers
Praveen

P.S I believe it might be difficult to get fee waivers, I believe they have certain financial criteria...but u might wanna double check on that..

I know that NYU has some of the best fin faculty out there including Aswath Damodaran and had no doubts about its finance pedigree.. 😁 . I was wondering if there was any other subject NYU Stern was famous for.. . Arguably Wharton and Chicago are some of the better schools for Finance , but I believe both CBS and NYU have a locational advantage 😃 . I dont remember researching NYU and therefore decided to ask you.. Thankoo for the update! :D

When I leave for a business school, if ever.. I'll make sure the nation knows
When I leave for a business school, if ever.. I'll make sure the nation knows

Which TV channel/Newspaper, what time PG? Will there be a repeat telecast?
capreal26 Says
Which TV channel/Newspaper, what time PG? Will there be a repeat telecast?

Bhau.. I thinketh PG pe ek announcement would work with similar effect .. and ofcourse .. I am heading off to ISB first .. and then elsewhere
Me too R1 applicant at Ross.

Didn't send anything via courier to Ross as scanned Transcripts took care of that..

MBAfall2006, Vipin_Singh and other felow Ross Applicants:

1. What did you guys do with the Application Form 11 related to Funding for International Students? It says "cannot be completed online" ??

2. On a related note, Did anyone take a Solvency Certificate from a bank? What was your experience? I enquired with SBI and they told me the Charges will be something like INR 3500-3800!! :wow: I still cannot believe my ears. Is that right?

Lemme kow

Cheers
-S

Hey Elrond,

I selected the "no" radio button as I was made to understand by the admissions office that I didn't have to worry about all the funds as long as I secured admission. I only need to provide documentation of about $7k if I get admitted. Here is the response from the financial aid office.

"The estimated cost of attendance* ($56,447) is the maximum amount of CitiAssist loan eligibility you can request. You can report that amount in loan funds. The balance of the cost, ($63,173 - $56,447), $6,726, is the amount that you need to provide additional proof for ( i.e. bank statements). You will receive a Proof of Funding document from the Admissions Office upon being admitted. You are only required to show proof of funds for the first year."

Hope this works for you as well.