[Official Thread] Schulich School Of Business - 2015 Intake

Hey guys!

This is an official thread for discussing any and all queries related to admissions to Schulich School Of Business (Hyderabad & Toronto campus) for the 2015 intake.

Your queries will be answered by current students and also by Mr. Imran Kanga (Associate Director Student Services & International Relations, Schulich School of Business)

So, ask away!

Did you know that the flexibility of Schulich's full-time study options allows you to complete your MBA in either 16 or 20 months (starting Sept or Jan). Also, an undergraduate business degree and work experience, qualifies you to complete the Accelerated MBA in just 8 months!

Check out the link to see what it takes to get into Schulich! http://bit.ly/schulich_admission

Schulich is a global leader in offering innovative and contemporary business courses. Check out the some of the courses that the school offers. http://bit.ly/core_schulich_courses

Check out the admission deadline dates http://bit.ly/deadlines_schulich

Make sure to apply before the early deadline to avail a solid scholarship: http://bit.ly/Schulich_Scholarship

We will soon announce the dates for Experience Schulich India Event, so please watch out this space for more information.

@roy1088 , @Sairam_Raman : Please let me know if you require any help. if you have any important links to be updated, please let me know, I will update the thread description.

Hello all, here is the invite for Experience Schulich India Event as promised earlier. The date is 14th of Feb. It will be a great experience for those interested in Schulich MBA in India Program, as you get to meet the students, professors, admission director and alumni.

Here are some other highlights of the event :

Learn how to optimize career choices with Schulich's 20 areas of concentration

Attend a mini lecture and case competition

Enjoy lunch and closing reception with Schulich faculty, alumni and students

Learn about Schulich's unique format, with studies in both Hyderabad and Toronto, Canada

More Details about the Event and the Venue:

OPEN HOUSE Attend the full day of events! 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Schulich School of Business GMR Campus Airport Site Office Complex Opposite GMR Aero Towers Hyderabad

To Register:

schulich.yorku.ca/experienceschulichindia

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ExperienceSchulichIndia2015

Did anyone receive a 'york student number' after submitting the application? I got a mail today asking me to upload my docs on MYFile link, which needs a YSN for login. :-/

Schulich has not been listed in the 2015 FT top 100 B-schools ranking. Any idea why?

I have applied to FT 2015 schulich school of business. I submitted the application in November but I don't see any updates from them till now.? How come the process is so slow. Meanwhile I applied to 2 other universities n got the admit also... I tried contacting thru phone to schulich office...it goes to a voice recorder..I tried mailing.. Every time I get the same mail...its under review... 

Hi I would like to know about my chances for Schulich India Program...

I have a 600 GMAT score in my first attempt and 3 years workex ..1 year in Software and 2 years in my own startup venture...Will 600 score be a hindrance in getting shortlisted and should I appear for GMAT once again?

TIA

Hi guys...I've received an admit to the Fall 2015 session at Keele Campus.. Any1 else on the group who has received communication from the school? 

Hi fellow Schulich applicants, a newbie here (Profile: GMAT- 750, 3.5 years IT work ex, couple of extra curriculars, and part of an NGO and heading my own team there).

Am applying for Canadian schools, actually just 2 to be precise- Rotman and Schulich. And i had a couple of queries regarding applying to Schulich-

1) It is mentioned on the site that there applicants should have a 'B' grade average in undergraduate degree, while for Indian students it is mentioned that the requirement is a 'First Class' standing. I had a CGPA of 6.4 which was considered 'First Class' by my college (and it is specifically mentioned in my degree).

The problem is that according to my college's grading system 60-65 was categorized as a 'C-'.  Am confused as to how Schulich will look at my undergrad marks :\

2) I was hoping to apply for the 2015 Fall intake. And according to the website the early bird date for applying is Jan 7 while Feb 28 is the extended date. Now i also plan to apply for Scholarships so should i apply now (before 28 Feb) or apply in the 2016 intake ?

If i am not mistaken (and feel free to correct me) the site says that students aiming for Fall intake and wanting to apply for scholarship HAVE to apply before Jan 7. The extended application date is only for those who dont intend to apply for scholarships.

Hope someone can help me out here because I have tried calling them up and mailing them but havent received any response yet. Thank you in advance kindly souls and may the force be with you 😁

Some tips/guidelines for telephonic interview please.. Have my interview tomorrow at 9:30pm for Schulich India pgm.

I have submitted my application on nov 11th 2014 , I havent heard anything from them at all. ? what does that mean. I tried contacting the schulich office and the call is getting diverted to the voice mail. Can someone help me out here...

admitted to Toronto but not yet heard about scholarship info. Has anyone received scholarship decision?

Is there a Facebook group for the FALL 2015 intake?

Please share ur experience about video essay, if anyone have submitted it