IEM Kolkata(2009-11) Batch

Hello all, I don’t think that i will have to describe much about this thread. The name speaks. I would like all of you who have been selected for the batch of 2009-11 in IEM on the basis of GD/PI scores to come here and introduce and have a …

Hello all,

I don't think that i will have to describe much about this thread. The name speaks. I would like all of you who have been selected for the batch of 2009-11 in IEM on the basis of GD/PI scores to come here and introduce and have a broad discussion about the college, and also other colleges in kolkata compared to IEM.
So, please come front and lets have some pre-interaction before the 1st day of the college.

Giving my short introduction:

Name: Gaurav Dasgupta
Graduation: B.Sc-IT(Final Year)

no reply post till now? strange. i was expecting at least 1 or 2 replies till now... :unhappy:

I have been selected through centralised counselling of JEMAT 2009. I got rank 1 in that exam and selected IEM. For the uninitiated JEMAT is Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test and this exam is conducted by West bengal University of Technology for admission into MBA colleges in West Bengal.

This level of this exam is easier as compared to CAT,XAT,FMS,IIFT etc. but higher than MAT. Since it is a state level Exam only about 15,000 sit for it and after written around 1500 are called for gdpi and about 700 are called for admission to fill up around 550 seats including all categories.
@gd_luks_high : c u at the campus if u plan to join

hii i have been selected at iem through wbjemat. but nt able to decide wether to go for it or not. can u guys give me some idea abt the institute n its placement. so far i have recieved a mixed feedback...bit confused

how the colg nt knw much abt it..
also tell me abt the placement and infrastructure...
if anyone hv been to there!!

I have done my engineering in Bangalore and have opted for IEM Kolkata for my MBA through JEMAT 2009. Can anyone tell me when the 2009 session commences? There is no news from the college!

CAn any one tell me about IEM kolkatta ....how good is the MBA program here . is it worth paying 5.5 lakhs & please give a lime light on the placement senario of the previous years for mba batches....

hi every1
i hv bn selctd at IEM PGDM 2011-2013 by feb mat 2011.
can nebdy telme how is dr mba prog is it worth invstn so mch f mny & 2 imp yrs??
im yet to take admsn plz let me knw im cnfsd!!!