EMP@MDI:Executive Management Programme in MDI, Gurgaon

The EMP programme @ MDI. It’s entrance test is on 30th April. I require fellow puys here to chip in with their knowledge “about” the test i.e. 1. What kind of test 2. Guidelines for the preparation 3. Toughness level in Comparison to …

The EMP programme @ MDI. It's entrance test is on 30th April. I require fellow puys here to chip in with their knowledge "about" the test i.e.

1. What kind of test
2. Guidelines for the preparation
3. Toughness level in Comparison to any other MBA entrance exam viz. CAT, IIFT etc.
4. etc.

Thanks
cheerio!!
SHEKHAR

Hi Shekhar,

The entrance test for MDI EMP is on 19th Aug 2007. I understand that you appeared for the test in April. Would appreciate if you could throw some light on the structure of the test and a few tips and guidleines on the prepration of the same.

Thanks,
Harshita A

The EMP programme @ MDI. It's entrance test is on 30th April. I require fellow puys here to chip in with their knowledge "about" the test i.e.

1. What kind of test
2. Guidelines for the preparation
3. Toughness level in Comparison to any other MBA entrance exam viz. CAT, IIFT etc.
4. etc.

Thanks
cheerio!!
SHEKHAR

Hi,
Planning to take test for EMP @MDI. Can anyone guide me on how is the exam paper structured? How tough is it, what level of prep would be required to crack it? any particular ref material??
any suggestions would be really helpful...

Thx,
-AS

Hi,

This is not my Id (my Bro's id) though I can give you good information abt this prog as i am currently pursuing it.

Seats : 60
Exam would be based on quant apt, verbal abilities and reading comprehension, reasoning and data interpretation.

Exam level is very easy, don't worry abt it but this may increase the cut-offs (obviously).

If you get shortlisted you would be called for Interview.

Ohoy! Thread bumped after 16 months 18 days 14 hours 51 minutes :wow:

I opened the thread for one generating information for one of my friend who was planning for the programme BUT finally didn't do so because of her professional international engagements.

Hopefully the thread will of help for the aspirants.

cheers!
ATB!
SHEKHAR

Hi All,
I've just sat for the MDI EMP'08 on Sunday..17/02/08

Anyone knows of any active forums wherein i can get info on the GD/PI format; and sample Qns scheduled to start from next week end?

- Harbaksh

Hi Harbaksh

Can you please provide me some inform on the exam structure and level fo the exam.

Thanks!!

hi
My experience with MDI EMP is as below:
1> Paper was simple.100 Qns in all..33(Quant); 34(DI/Reasoning); 33(Verbal)
2> Cut off realy high..not diclosed but i expect 24-25(Quant); 23-24(Verbal); 24-25(DI)
3> Out of 1000+applicants who gave written test, 128 called for interview
4> If prepared for CAT, this one should be an easy one to crack.
5> Best part...No (-ve) marking.

I donot think you've appeared this time cos the results are already out..GD/PI 1st round should be beginnning this week.

So, best of luck for for the preparation.
Regards,
Harbaksh

Hi
I am a new user
Can you please let me know what is the eligibility criteria for pursuing executive MBA from MDI
I currently have an experience of 9 months at Sapient, Gurgaon
Moreover I don't want to leavy my job
so I want to pursue either executive MBA or Distance learning

PLease let me know about the various options available?

Thanks in advance
Varun

Hi,
Does anybody have any material related to MDI's Executive Management Programme Test, i mean like previous year exam papers.
Does there application form/brochure provide the last year's paper.
This is just to have a look at the format/level....etc...

Regards
Rahul

hi
My experience with MDI EMP is as below:
1> Paper was simple.100 Qns in all..33(Quant); 34(DI/Reasoning); 33(Verbal)
2> Cut off realy high..not diclosed but i expect 24-25(Quant); 23-24(Verbal); 24-25(DI)
3> Out of 1000+applicants who gave written test, 128 called for interview
4> If prepared for CAT, this one should be an easy one to crack.
5> Best part...No (-ve) marking.

I donot think you've appeared this time cos the results are already out..GD/PI 1st round should be beginnning this week.

So, best of luck for for the preparation.
Regards,
Harbaksh

MDI EMP form out now....for Apr 2009 batch.

Hi,

Some body share the sample question papers of EMP@MDI program as i would be taking test on this feb'09.
Thx in advance.
VJ

Paper's are not available as MDI do not allow to take the question paper after the examination.

The level will be easier as compared to CAT, so just make sure that you remember the concepts.

Hi,

i would be appearing for MDI EMP in august - 2009. Can anyone please help with the paper pattern and gd/pi questions? I am not a cat aspirant. Any info will help.

Thanks...

shark_edu Says
MDI EMP form out now....for Apr 2009 batch.

I believe you are talking about september admissions

HI,
I am also planing to take the test. Could you please tell me sections in the question paper?

Thanks
Abhishek

Can someone please suggest when is the Entrance test for the EMP at MDI taking place ... is it this year or Jan/ Feb 2010? Any pointers will be great...

ani781 Says
Can someone please suggest when is the Entrance test for the EMP at MDI taking place ... is it this year or Jan/ Feb 2010? Any pointers will be great...

The test for the Part-Time Post Graduate Programme in Management is going to be held on 30th August 2009. The sale of forms is till 21st August, and the last date to submit the form is 22nd August.

The popular EMP program at MDI has been converted to a PART TIME course.
Since last 8 years, MDI had been giving PGPM diploma's to their students, without the word PART IME mentioned in the diploma's.
But all of a sudden, the name of the program has been changed to include Part time in it, loosing the value. The 5 batches going on at present were given admission promising PGPM and now in middle of the course, MDI's director has informed students that they would be given a PART TIME diploma.
This is really unprofessional from MDI's side. The brochures sold to the present batches say that successful completion of the course would lead to awarding PGPM, no mention of PART TIME word. Also MDI's director is not replying to the emails sent to him, nor is he giving appointment to the present students for a meeting.
More than 100 emails have been sent by students from the present course to the director of MDI, but no reply from him.
An advise to every one planning to take admission in EMP program at MDI, as this course has been changed to Part Time, it has lostthe value. Naming it part time, brings it at par with Part time from any institute where you do not need to put any efforts, nor have to attend classes, nor have to study for exams and work on presentations and projects.
More over a part time degree can be purchased for a mere 30000 bucks, where as MDI charges 4 lacs for a diploma, not just worth all these efforts.