Ask PaGaLGuY : Last Minute CAT Preparation Queries & Tips

Post your queries, get tips for the exam day. @rahul.krishna is here to answer you queries.

what should be the division of time between the two sections?
w

This query is regarding Logical Deduction."No Designer is Hair Designer "-->This is Universally Negative.Then,under which section does "All Designers not Hair Designers" come under .Does it come under Universally Negative too? 

Kindly give e a rough idea regarding the minimum number of questions for a 90 plus percentile. And the accuracy percentage.

can anyone explain the role of accuracy while attempting CAT?

tips and tricks for bar charts and line graphs?

Would it be wise to attempt all DI questions in a set in case you already spent like 3 mins doing the calculations or figuring the question out?

This is help people who have normalization process queries and accuracy/attempts queries

http://www.careeranna.com/cat-2014-normalization/

What if I don't attempt any of the RCs?

One thing I want to ask is, what should I prefer attempts or accuracy. As my strength is my no. of attempts but my accuracy is low. So should i aim for 90 attempts with around 70-75% accuracy or 70 attempts with 80-85% accuracy?

I feel this year CAT will be easier than the last couple of years, so here is the deal,

Last year a score of around 100/180 yielded 99.63%le nearly (my case)

This year the level will drop in terms of difficulty, but the time crunch has increased this year. So the net difficulty including the time factor will make it nearly as tough as CAT'13.

All in all expect a score of around 160~/300 to yield in excess of 99.5+%le this year.

*How to achieve 160+ (around 99.6+%le) ?

Simple..Scoring 100+ in one of the sections (which ever is your strength) and 60+ in the other (will be sufficient to clear the sectional cut-offs of any B-School in either section)

That can be achieved by :

1) If Quant is your strength :

QA/DI attempts : 37-38+ with max 3 wrong

VA/LR attempts : 28-29+ with around 6-7 wrong

2) If Verbal is your strength :

QA/DI attempts : 27-28+ with max 4-5 wrong

VA/LR attempts : 40-41 with around 6-7 wrong 

For 99.9+%le I feel around 180+ will be sufficient

Around 70 attempts with 7 wrong

ATB to all of you/

last year it happened so asking..

A 25 correct  75 marks

B 32 correct 18 wrong 78 marks .who will get more %???

they should publish absolute/raw score

Due to the limitation of time and my slow speed,I always face a time crunch. So most of the times I have to make a decision whether to attempt the question(or DI/LR/RC set or not). What I have observed in the mocks is that I am not making the correct decisions most of the times and end up missing out on 10 easy questions.

How do I ensure I am attempting the right questions? (Just skimming through the question is no help as I am constantly thinking that I am wasting  my time)

RRB SE ka paper is ame for all branches???

What are the sectional cutoffs generally? ( In terms of % of total marks)

Just one weird query though , the cat guideline says "the submit button will be activated only at the end of time duration " , whichever the mocks I gave , I usually click the submit button but in the actual paper if I forgot to click on the submit button , will the paper be submitted automatically with all answers saved or do I have specifically click the submit button . (This is my first time giving actual cat )

Guys I'm very confused here. Someone please help me.

CL quant is very tough, but verbal is doable, hence I get more score If I start with verbal and devote 90 mins verbal + 80 mins quant after that.

But in SIMCATs, both quant and verbal are doable, hence my score are maximized when I start with quant and devote 90 mins quant + 80 mins verbal.

Not sure which strategy I should bank on. Please shed some light on this. @scrabbler 

my pic on admit card is not properly visible i had emailed cat center but no reply from there side ,would this cause a problem on the d-day

how many questions to answer correctly to get 70 percentile in cat 2014