[2014-15] Ask ISB Hyderabad Admissions Director: The Official thread for PGP Admissions

Dear all, This shall be the Official thread for the PGP 2014-15 admissions at ISB Hyderabad/Mohali. ISB’s PGP Admissions Director - Admissions & Financial Aid, Mr AM Kannan is back on PaGaLGuY to answer all your questions about ISB PGP…

Dear all,

This shall be the Official thread for the PGP 2014-15 admissions at ISB Hyderabad/Mohali.

ISB's PGP Admissions Director - Admissions & Financial Aid, Mr AM Kannan is back on PaGaLGuY to answer all your questions about ISB PGP admissions, scholarships, placements, faculty, infrastructure, culture and student life with a view of admissions for the PGP batch 2014-15.

Mr Kannan says to all the thread participants, "Dear aspirants, We will shortly announce the opening of the admissions process for the Post Graduate Programme 2014- 2015 at ISB. Through this forum, my team and I from the Admissions and Financial Aid at the ISB, will respond to your queries on the school, admission process, placements, student life on campus and any others related to the PGP that you might have. Good luck with your preparations.”

Please ask your questions using the Reply button located at the top and bottom of this thread.

Mr Kannan shall respond using the school's official PaGaLGuY ID @ISB.Admissions .

ATB to all ISB hopefuls :).

Apurv

@ISB.Admissions Sir, could you please provide some information on the scholarships and how to avail them?

@DpB_aiMBA

@ISB.Admissions Sir, could you please provide some information on the scholarships and how to avail them?

About 15% (approx 120) of our students receive merit or need based scholarships each year. In addition there are several corporate scholarships students can apply for once they join.

You can find more details about this at the following link:

Scholarship | Corporate | Sponsored | PGP | Indian School of Business (ISB)

Hi.
Sir, Can you please evaluate my profile?

Acads
10th- 83.06
12th- 81.83
Grad- 70%(Production Engineering)

Work Ex-
2.6 yrs
2 yrs in L&T;
Some Achievements-
Got two back to back promotions during the tenure
Post- Senior Design Engineer and Management Trainee
Projects-
Over 20 domestic projects and 2 international projects
Participated in the Charisma young Leader's competition
and some other misc achievements at work

Other Info-
Also did a six month internship during graduation at Godrej&Boyce;
Did a project on Tool set up Time Analysis

Extra Currics-
Professional martial arts trainer from Shaolin Martial Arts Association of India
Part time tutor(Math)
Have done volunteering work and donation for Samarpan Blood Bank

GMAT- Not given yet. will take it in August.

@togetherwecan

Hi.Sir, Can you please evaluate my profile?Acads10th- 83.0612th- 81.83Grad- 70%(Production Engineering)Work Ex-2.6 yrs2 yrs in L&T;Some Achievements-Got two back to back promotions during the tenurePost- Senior Design Engineer and Management TraineeProjects-Over 20 domestic projects and 2 international projectsParticipated in the Charisma young Leader's competitionand some other misc achievements at workOther Info-Also did a six month internship during graduation at Godrej&Boyce;Did a project on Tool set up Time AnalysisExtra Currics-Professional martial arts trainer from Shaolin Martial Arts Association of IndiaPart time tutor(Math)Have done volunteering work and donation for Samarpan Blood BankGMAT- Not given yet. will take it in August.

I am not sure I understand if you have a question. If you would like to know whether you can be a strong candidate that can only be assessed once you complete a full application. Please call our admissions counselors if you have specific questions related to your background or if you would like guidance on how to make a strong application.

Hi,

I am planning to join ISB for the year of 2014-15.

I over all have 5 years of experience in Project management & business analysis.

How much GMAT score will ensure me to get Admission ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aditya

@Aditya8822

Hi,

I am planning to join ISB for the year of 2014-15.

I over all have 5 years of experience in Project management & business analysis.

How much GMAT score will ensure me to get Admission ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aditya

We do not have any GMAT cut-off. Incoming classes at ISB typically have GMAT in the range of 600-800. GMAT is only one aspect of your application and does not tell us anything about your clarity in terms of your goals, why you feel you need an MBA, how you have demonstrated leadership attributes in the past etc. So, give the GMAT your best shot but do not ignore your essays, the rest of the application and prepare for your interview.

I am the aspirant for ISB 2014-15. By the time of application do the candidate should have official GMAT scorecard in hand or unofficial score card will work ? As I understand official score card wil reach the insittutes after 2 weeks of the Test taken. I would like to take time to prepare for GMAT planning to appear in Sept 1st week[Expecting 1st pool deadline between sept 15-Nov 30]. Please guide ..

Respected SirI have 3 queries and it would be great to hear your views on the same.1. Is a 2011 pass out eligible for early entry option in case the workex in september is less than 24 months2. I am a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst(CAIA) member and have cleared all the levels. The reason to do it was just an inclination towards Real Estate but I have now developed a liking for Private Equity as well.Are such certifications also considered for profile evaluation or only CFA is considered3. Is ISB offering MBA in Real Estate..what other opportunities are there for someone interested in real estate sector.RegardsSourabh Jeswani

Hi, I am Shivani with around 3 yr 10 m experience in Banking Industry and will have close to 5 years work-ex at the time of admissions for the 2014 intake. I am working as an Assistant Manager at State Bank of India for almost 4 years and in this tenure, I have mainly worked into Retail Advances.

I am already holding an MBA from a very average institute and want to go for a second MBA from an Institute not below ISB.

My credentials are as follows:

GMAT: will take it in July (targeting 730)

X: 82% (CBSE)

XII: 69% (CBSE)

BBA: 9.66/10

MBA: 9.89/10

I am a Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers and hold a PG Diploma in Financial Advising, a certification by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.

Moreover I am also doing a Harvard Manage Mentor Program, an e-learning program which Harvard University has customised for the employees of SBI.

One of my concerns is that I am already an MBA and this may reduce my chances of admission.

Kindly suggest how can I improve my profile so as to maximise my chances.

@v.sarveshkumar

I am the aspirant for ISB 2014-15. By the time of application do the candidate should have official GMAT scorecard in hand or unofficial score card will work ? As I understand official score card wil reach the insittutes after 2 weeks of the Test taken. I would like to take time to prepare for GMAT planning to appear in Sept 1st week[Expecting 1st pool deadline between sept 15-Nov 30]. Please guide ..

Please upload your test centre/unofficial scores. So long as you have taken your GMAT before our deadline date, you don't have to worry about when the scores reach us.

@sshhiivvaannii

Hi, I am Shivani with around 3 yr 10 m experience in Banking Industry and will have close to 5 years work-ex at the time of admissions for the 2014 intake. I am working as an Assistant Manager at State Bank of India for almost 4 years and in this tenure, I have mainly worked into Retail Advances.

I am already holding an MBA from a very average institute and want to go for a second MBA from an Institute not below ISB.

My credentials are as follows:

GMAT: will take it in July (targeting 730)

X: 82% (CBSE)

XII: 69% (CBSE)

BBA: 9.66/10

MBA: 9.89/10

I am a Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers and hold a PG Diploma in Financial Advising, a certification by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.

Moreover I am also doing a Harvard Manage Mentor Program, an e-learning program which Harvard University has customised for the employees of SBI.

One of my concerns is that I am already an MBA and this may reduce my chances of admission.

Kindly suggest how can I improve my profile so as to maximise my chances.

We have several candidates in each class who have done an MBA from another institute. This does not hurt them in any way as we understand you may have done an MBA too early or from a school that did not suit your career objectives. Do make sure you tell us briefly 'why you need another MBA'.

Our application allows you to tell us what personal qualities, leadership abilities and clarity of purpose you can bring to ISB. Please use the entire application - essays especially and the interview to make sure you present your case clearly & coherently to us.

@abhi.leo1980

Hello Sir - I am ISB aspirant for the class of 2014-2015. Can you kindly let me know when the admission process will be opened for this session?

1) ISB

2) ISB Skip

@ISB.Admissions

..thanks a lot for providing the insights..looking forward to the admission season..just need a slight more clarity on the workex part as the ISB website says that for EEO, you must have workex of less than 2 years at time of applying and 31st march criteria is nowhere mentioned.Early Entry Option | PGP | Indian School of Business (ISB) Please provide some clarity on the same.My company has a training period which it does not count in work-experience..so should we include tor exclude the same from the total count.Regards

@gen-eng

@ISB.Admissions

..thanks a lot for providing the insights..looking forward to the admission season..just need a slight more clarity on the workex part as the ISB website says that for EEO, you must have workex of less than 2 years at time of applying and 31st march criteria is nowhere mentioned.Early Entry Option | PGP | Indian School of Business (ISB) Please provide some clarity on the same.My company has a training period which it does not count in work-experience..so should we include tor exclude the same from the total count.Regards

If your training period was after you graduated, then it shall be counted in full-time wkex. You can view the calculation of wkex back from 31st March 2014 when you log-in to start your application.

Dear Mr AM Kannan,

Normally how many applications you receive each year on an average for PGP program at ISB ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Have a nice day,

Vidya Sagar M

@sagarISB

Dear Mr AM Kannan,

Normally how many applications you receive each year on an average for PGP program at ISB ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Have a nice day,

Vidya Sagar M

I am afraid we do not disclose this information.

@ISB.Admissions Here is my profile:10th - 76 %12th - 72 %B.Tech - 71.16 %Work Ex - Technical Writer from Feb 2011 to March 2012, Subject Matter Expert from April 2012 to present.Total work ex is of around 2 years.Have many extra curricular activities like volunteered for commonwealth games, airtel delhi half marathon.... also I m a regular blood donor with Red Cross Society. Volunteered for Earth Hour 2011 at organizational level and in 2012 as individual level. Associated with Swechha NGO from Dec 2012.

Also, I never had any leadership skill in my work-ex, although in my extra-curricular activites, I led a team. I want to give GMAT this August as the ISB deadline is 15 Sep. Please help me suggest around what score I need? And is my profile ok to apply?

Dear ISB.Admissions,

First of all thanks a lot for such a wonderful initiative to connect with the prospective candidates.
My questions are as follows:
1) Is there a facility to connect with the current students or get in touch with the students of the professional clubs related to the target industry one intends to work in?
2) Is it possible to connect with an alum working in the same industry/function in which one is anticipating to work post MBA?
3) When can we expect the essays for the next year's application cycle?
4) Is there a calender for the admission event? I want to attend an event in Pune. Can we expect to connect with alums from the industry where we want to work?

Regards,
scare.crow