[2013-2015] (UBS) University Business School Chandigarh Admissions discussions

The Cat Race has started and so has the admission process of MBA institutes. University Business School(UBS) is nowhere behind in the league race . This time we have a dedicated team(comprising MBA-GEN,MBA-HR , MBA-IB and MBA-Biotech students) who…

The Cat Race has started and so has the admission process of MBA institutes. University Business School(UBS) is nowhere behind in the league race . This time we have a dedicated team(comprising MBA-GEN,MBA-HR , MBA-IB and MBA-Biotech students) who will be addressing your queries.
We understand your inquisitiveness because we were on the same side last year . So all you UBS aspirants who have been eagerly and patiently waiting for this thread to start, can start posting your queries here. Just one request please go through the previous pages before you click the POST button.
Important Dates:
Cat Window: October 11, 2012 to November 6, 2012
Issue of information brochure and application forms : October 22, 2012 (tentative)
Some Important Links:
Official website: http://ubs.puchd.ac.in/
Life @ UBS thread: http://pagalguy.com/forums/life-at-b-schools/life-at-ubs-t-85376
Important Information:
MBA-GEN-It provides you dual specialization in any two of the three stated generally i.e. MBA-Finance, MBA-Marketing, MBA-Operations.
MBA-IB and HR-They provides you degree in International Business and Human Resource respectively and classes of both the courses are conducted separately.
MBA-BIOTECH-It provides you the respective degree and the classes are combined with MBA-GEN in the first year and are organised separately in the second year.
Total strength: MBA GEN-64
MBA IB -30
MBA HR-30
MBA BIOTECH-14
Best of luck and hope to see you next year.
Harvinder( member PR Cell)

Can you please provide some info regarding Last year Cut offs,Last Year Domestic Average/Median Salary Offered
My Profile
10 77%
12 86%
Graduation 82%

Average and Median were both around 6.5 Lakh .With this profile you have good chance.The important thing to note is that UBS gives 85% Weightage to CAT Score.

I was having a doubt actually I belong to defense open category ,so as the form date are very tight I thought of getting my documents signed before hand but in the last year certificate for defense dependents it was mentioned that the son should be dependent to his father but as I more than 25 yrs now ,the army personal are not signing the document as in Army dependent means that a person can get canteen and hospital facility ,what they are giving to me is a application written in Hindi stating that I am son of so and so ...is it ok ,kindly suggest ''ITS WRITTEN IN HINDI """

seniors please help or please check with your batchmates in defence category for the case I have mentioned above .!! Thanx in advance

Can anyone throw some light on ongoing case filed by UBS Ludhiana students which has stopped current year's placement process?

No Idea about Ludhiana Campus!!

what's the tentative last date for the submission of the admission forms?
can the payment be made online also?

what was last year's cutoff for the general category in all the coures?

Althougt UBS is a great institute but I have heard that UBS is loosing its glory and placement are not good now can any one suggest me on it.

from where to download application form .. nothing is there UBS website regarding application form ...

plz send me the link here .. will be very thankful to you ..

@harshlax
the tentative last date is difficult to predict ,this time there will be an online form not sure though and last year cut off is difficult to predict as there is no official no. but I think It was around 85 %ile
@sandy95291
The tentative date for the release of form is around 20th october
@kanwal87
Though there were some issues 4-5 years back but now every thing is on track in UBS and almost all the students get placed at the end.

please update on the dates ,thanks and also to my above query regarding defense personal dependent quota ???

hi please tell when will the forms be available. I had read some where that the forms will be out around oct 4.

@malivka :- up exactly ... i saw that too .. but it will be available after 20 oct as Manni123 mention ... Thanks for the info manni and plz update here when form will be available .....
@manni123 Thanks Manni123