IIM Rohtak : Admissions [2011-2013]

IIM Rohtak congratulates successful candidates of CAT-2010. The admission policy of IIM Rohtak is out .Candidates can check it on website. IIM Rohtak The expected intake this year is around 120. The GD/PI shortlist is expected to come …

IIM Rohtak congratulates successful candidates of CAT-2010.
The admission policy of IIM Rohtak is out .Candidates can check it on website.

IIM Rohtak

The expected intake this year is around 120. The GD/PI shortlist is expected to come soon
IIM ROHTAK has decided to help the candidates in every possible way and and each of the call getters will be assigned mentors to guide them through the whole process.

Meanwhile, myself and my colleagues will be actively responding to all the queries posted by the candidates.

cheers

Ankush Garg
PGP 2010-12
IIM ROHTAK

Do we need to apply seperately or calls would be issued as other IIMs did?

How many General seats in total?

Pls throw some light on the faculty and Infra.

Thanks!

Hi Puys,

Is there any chances to get a call from Rohtak.
OA 94.83(VA 83/Q 87/ LRDI 97)
Thanks ...

It is my humble request to all IIMs.to open Nursery Schools as well..then there is no headache to conduct the "Well known Exam in the world" so-called CAT..No Normalization
no headache to standardize the marks respective boards
take admission only those candidates who pass out 10th and 12th their from IIMs..

hey guys if you properly go through the gd-pi selection parameters given by IIM Rohtak you will realise that they have already established a cut off of 98 percentile for the general catagory

Step 3: Category-wise weighted index is computed for each candidate based on Step 2. Candidates above the following minimum cut off of the index for each category are considered further: General
65%, OBC 60%, SC 45%, ST 30% and PWD 45%. For candidates scoring above the cut off index score in each category, the following category-wise CAT Total Percentile cut off is considered: General 98, OBC 90, SC 80, ST 65 and PWD 80. In each category, only candidates above this cut off percentile are taken for shortlisting for the PA process. From the candidates meeting this criterion, a shortlist of top X based on the index score rank order is called in each category for the PA process.

i read it properly and all my hopes are now over...i have 97.66 and was happy about this initiative taken by them but to no avail :nono:

the criteria given by them is quite confusing. can anyone simplify that and present to all

Guys,

I understand that persons who get more than 65%(Indexed score) and above 98% in CAT will further be ranked and the top required number of candidates will be considered.
If i am right why are they not having 98% as the cutoff in the initial stage itself.

Am i missing out anything?

One more doubt.Full 50 % score under CAT overall score is given for a score of 450 or the maximum attained by the 100 percentiler?

Clarification sought regarding stream..

Is Rohtak following Lucknow or they only give extra weightage to the streams mentioned in their document.
Because many other streams get lower marks.

Will there be any normalisation of acads?

Clarification sought regarding stream..

Is Rohtak following Lucknow or they only give extra weightage to the streams mentioned in their document.
Because many other streams get lower marks.

Will there be any normalisation of acads?

here goes nothing so here is a breakdown of the paramaters set by IIM rohtak

out of a total of 100 marks(to make it simple) you are given marks on the following:

X- a total of 8 marks
XII- a total of 7 marks
graduation- a total of 5 marks(here they stated that 85 and above u get the same total marks....as in if u have 86 in grad and someone else has 96..both of you get equal marks out of the 5 allocated marks given to this parameter..so to say 85 is a ceiling)

stream-5 marks for the stated ones
work ex- 10 marks(the more the experience the more the marks)

now the rest of the 65 marks are divided as follows
VA score in isolation-10 marks
QA score in isolation- 5 marks

total score- 50 marks

now we arrive at a figure out of 100 for all

now they have stated that everyone above 65 will be considered.

now the BIGGEST catch comes here. EVEN IF U HAVE 65 as above you need to have 98 percentile in cat overall for further consideration.(stage 3 in the docs)

please bear in mind the above analysis is for general category students only

also it is actually quite easy to arrive at a score for urself.

just keep giving urself score out of the allocated marks based on the percentage/percentile u have got. for eg.

say you have 90% in X, 90 in XII, 80 in grad(assuming arts) and 99 percentile in cat with QA, VA and DI all at 99 and 12 months of work ex

then u get : for X 7.2/8
for XII 6.3/7
for grad 4/5
for arts 5/5
for workex 5/10 this would depend on scaling
for VA 9.9/10
for QA 4.95/5
for total 49.5/50

a grand total of 91. 85( now this should have been greater than 65 for you to be considered further and u shld have 98 or more to be considered even further)

hey guys if you properly go through the gd-pi selection parameters given by IIM Rohtak you will realise that they have already established a cut off of 98 percentile for the general catagory

Step 3: Category-wise weighted index is computed for each candidate based on Step 2. Candidates above the following minimum cut off of the index for each category are considered further: General
65%, OBC 60%, SC 45%, ST 30% and PWD 45%. For candidates scoring above the cut off index score in each category, the following category-wise CAT Total Percentile cut off is considered: General 98, OBC 90, SC 80, ST 65 and PWD 80. In each category, only candidates above this cut off percentile are taken for shortlisting for the PA process. From the candidates meeting this criterion, a shortlist of top X based on the index score rank order is called in each category for the PA process.

i read it properly and all my hopes are now over...i have 97.66 and was happy about this initiative taken by them but to no avail :nono:

souravlodha Says
the criteria given by them is quite confusing. can anyone simplify that and present to all

It's very difficult and illogical to speculate from right now about their admission criteria.. I know the curiosity has driven u to such a thing..but in the end it's the institute's list which is final..if ur name is there, that means u have sufficed their cutoffs and vice-versa.. Coz many students are still not able to get answer to their questions of not getting calls from A/C/L/S.. So all the best and wait 4 the shortlist to be out.. :cheerio:
ragsshah Says
It's very difficult and illogical to speculate from right now about their admission criteria.. I know the curiosity has driven u to such a thing..but in the end it's the institute's list which is final..if ur name is there, that means u have sufficed their cutoffs and vice-versa.. Coz many students are still not able to get answer to their questions of not getting calls from A/C/L/S.. So all the best and wait 4 the shortlist to be out.. :cheerio:

bro im not speculating...i merely stating the facts..its there in the link they have uploaded
anujmittal12 Says
bro im not speculating...i merely stating the facts..its there in the link they have uploaded

It's brilliant of u to have come to such en explicit explanation.. Good work man!!
What I meant to say is that even if u scratch ur head calculating your weight of all the score and still won't be able to make the cut in the shortlist, then u will be even more depressed.. So, leave it all on the institution concerned as they are currently our GODs. 😁

instis are shamelessly and brazenly showing their repentance towards male engineers.....wow and they call sc and st the oppressed caste and female the oppressed gender......feels awesooome to be a part of such funny democracy....and they say why brain drain is happening...... and one more thing they run after some venkatramakrishna or Nikki Haley to make them say I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN

achintbvp Says
instis are shamelessly and brazenly showing their repentance towards male engineers.....wow and they call sc and st the oppressed caste and female the oppressed gender......feels awesooome to be a part of such funny democracy....and they say why brain drain is happening......

That's really a strange thing on the part of the insti..
achintbvp Says
instis are shamelessly and brazenly showing their repentance towards male engineers.....wow and they call sc and st the oppressed caste and female the oppressed gender......feels awesooome to be a part of such funny democracy....and they say why brain drain is happening...... and one more thing they run after some venkatramakrishna or Nikki Haley to make them say I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN

they can go any distance to ensure diversity among students... bad for me.
A male engineer with 98.xx% n no calls
here goes nothing so here is a breakdown of the paramaters set by IIM rohtak

out of a total of 100 marks(to make it simple) you are given marks on the following:

X- a total of 8 marks
XII- a total of 7 marks
graduation- a total of 5 marks(here they stated that 85 and above u get the same total marks....as in if u have 86 in grad and someone else has 96..both of you get equal marks out of the 5 allocated marks given to this parameter..so to say 85 is a ceiling)

stream-5 marks for the stated ones
work ex- 10 marks(the more the experience the more the marks)

now the rest of the 65 marks are divided as follows
VA score in isolation-10 marks
QA score in isolation- 5 marks

total score- 50 marks

now we arrive at a figure out of 100 for all

now they have stated that everyone above 65 will be considered.

now the BIGGEST catch comes here. EVEN IF U HAVE 65 as above you need to have 98 percentile in cat overall for further consideration.(stage 3 in the docs)

please bear in mind the above analysis is for general category students only

also it is actually quite easy to arrive at a score for urself.

just keep giving urself score out of the allocated marks based on the percentage/percentile u have got. for eg.

say you have 90% in X, 90 in XII, 80 in grad(assuming arts) and 99 percentile in cat with QA, VA and DI all at 99 and 12 months of work ex

then u get : for X 7.2/8
for XII 6.3/7
for grad 4/5
for arts 5/5
for workex 5/10 this would depend on scaling
for VA 9.9/10
for QA 4.95/5
for total 49.5/50

a grand total of 91. 85( now this should have been greater than 65 for you to be considered further and u shld have 98 or more to be considered even further)

You have to use the scaled scores for calculating the index score. At 99% I am guessing it would be in the region of 265/450 and similarly for verbal and quant scores
Would love to meet the fresher engineer who meets this criteria.(with 95% in 10 th and 12th,7pt GPA and a 99.68 in CAT my index score comes up to 59 with the cutoff at 65)

are these IIM crying babies.....
my CGPA is 8.5 but percentage is 55 ....wat to do with that...
they are just behaving like child ..by not normalising the different colleges...