Cass Business School MBA 2012-2013

Hello, I have an admit from Cass MBA2012. In case anybody needs help let me know. Also, it would be great to know anybody who has accepted this offer.

Hello,

I have an admit from Cass MBA2012. In case anybody needs help let me know.
Also, it would be great to know anybody who has accepted this offer.

Hi,

Can you please put up your profile ? I have also applied for Cass Business School but awaiting reply. I have GMAT score of 620, 4.5 yrs of exp including 2.5 yrs of international exp.

How was your entire admission process ? What questions were asked in the interview ?

Hi,

I am Indian, IT, male, 6.5 years of experience, of which 2.5 years at client location. My GMAT score is 650.

I was interviewed by Dr. Sionade Robinson. The interview was mostly focused around my work, reasons for pursuing an MBA, and why Cass.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Guys I have admit from both Purdue and City university : CASS MBA

Which do you think is better, just want to know your opinion on the same. Im highly confused as which one to pick.

Any suggestions will be of help.

Thanks

Got an admission offer from Cass Business School for the fall intake of 2012/13 Full-time MBA programme and have accepted the offer.

Congratulations all!!

I created another thread for this but thought of posting here as well..

---------------------------

I am at present studying at Cass, London. I have a week off and can answer your questions about Cass and Mba in UK incase you have any.

Cheers!!

PS: I am not from adcom or appointed by school to do this. Was in your place last year and equally worried, so thought of sharing my little knowledge.

Rather magnanimous of you to help out, Abhinav. It would be brilliant if you could shed some light on the accommodation options (on and off-campus) near Cass Business School.

Cass has two options - Alliance and Willen house.. Alliance is 15min bus ride away and cheaper (130pw). Willen is 10 min walk (190pw).. else you can look for flat share websites and move in with other folks.. not a bad idea either.. Interesting places nearby Cass include: Angel, Shoreditch, Hoxton, holborn etc..
Rents would vary from 800pm to 1500pm+ for 1bhk...
For Cass acco book via Tom Somerland or mba team.. they have some reserved quota for Mba's and will def confirm you the place..

I will sure to contact Tom for my accommodation-related queries. I chanced upon a student accommodation building in King's Cross called Nido. What do you reckon?

Nido is fine aswell.. a tad flashy and pricey.. if you wanna choose student acco then go with cass ones.. atleast you wont be alone and sorrounded by your cohort..

Hi,
I have got an interview call from CASS. Request you to tell me interview experience and how the people from India have arranged for the finance. :banghead:

My interview was pretty freewheeling and mostly concerned my SOP. Prof Roy Batchelor questioned me about my current job description at my family business; challenges faced by it; my view on China as a threat and as an opportunity and also asked me about my semi-professional poker career and why I took to playing poker. He was quite affable throughout the interview and did not even bother asking me whether I had any questions for him.

Regarding the financing: After getting an acceptance from Cass, one is supposed to deposit GBP 2,500 into the school's account and this amount is deducted from the tuition fee, which is pegged at GBP 34,500. Keeping in mind, the recent interest cut announced by SBI that now stands at 12% for loans exceeding Rs. 7 lacs, I plan to finance my fee and living expenses via the bank loan route. The living expenses are usually 40-50% of the tuition fee, so I will probably take a loan of GBP 50,000 payable over 5-7 yrs.

Hope this helps and good luck with the interview

Thanks Abhinav.

sub1010 have sent you a PM.

Hi Abhinav,

Just a general question ... what are the sports facilities available from college ? In hostel or in the college campus.

I am joining the Cass B-School for the Msc in Finance program - if anyone wants to plan the UK trip together email me [email protected]

I am joining the Cass B-School for the Msc in Finance program - lets plan the UK trip together email me [email protected]

Hi,

Please some info on accommodation.
I read that Aliance and Willen are pretty popular for Cass students.

Any info on advantages and disadvantages of these 2 halls of residence?
Facilities? Equipment?
As far as I can see Willen is walking distance from Cass and a little bit more expensive, while Aliance is not a walking distance...
But Willen offers 51 week, and Aliance only 41 week of accommodation?? So it means you must leave the room on 22 June 2013? Can it be extended?
What about private accommodation? Any postgrad students in private acc.?

Other questions:
- Bank account : how does the process go for foreign citizens? needed documents? which bank to go - experiences?
- Health insurance - any experiences? what if you get sick while studying?

Thanks

Chonty

Cass has two options - Alliance and Willen house.. Alliance is 15min bus ride away and cheaper (130pw). Willen is 10 min walk (190pw).. else you can look for flat share websites and move in with other folks.. not a bad idea either.. Interesting places nearby Cass include: Angel, Shoreditch, Hoxton, holborn etc..
Rents would vary from 800pm to 1500pm+ for 1bhk...
For Cass acco book via Tom Somerland or mba team.. they have some reserved quota for Mba's and will def confirm you the place..

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Please some info on accommodation at Alliance and Willen.
Willen offers 51 week, and Aliance only 41 week of accommodation...?
So it means you must leave the room on 22 June 2013 if you are at Aliance? Can it be extended for a month or 2?

Other questions:
- Bank account : how does the process go for foreign citizens? what documents are needed? which bank to go - any experiences?
- Health insurance - any experiences? what if you get sick while studying?
- Cell phone - any experiences with UK providers? How does it go if you are not a UK citizen? I am thinking about a pre-paid cell phone while studying...

Thanks

Chonty

Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. :-)

Applied to MBA fulltime 2012/2013.
Had an interview last week an wait for Adcom decision.
Male, 8 yrs IB, and 3 yrs MC experience, GMAT 680, Toefl 7.5, BBA degree...