UPSC-CMS Exam Pattern 2019
UPSC-CMS 2019 Exam Pattern
Aspirants should be aware of the exam pattern of UPSC CMS exam as it will help them to prepare better and crack the examination. The examination is held as computer based test and all questions will be multiple Choice questions objective where each question will have four alternatives. The question paper is set only in English. As per the UPSC standards there will be negative marking for wrong answers in the objective type question papers. One third marks will be assigned to that question is deducted for every incorrect answer.
The examination will be conducted in different parts and according to the below specified plan:-
Part 1 is the Computer Based Test which is of 500 marks and it is conducted in two papers. The maximum marks for each paper is of 250 marks and paper will be of two hours duration.
|Paper 1||General Medicine||96||250 Marks|
|Paper 2||Surgery||40||250 Marks|
|Paper 2||Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Paper 2||Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Part 2 will be the personality test which will be of 100 marks. Candidates who qualify the written examination will be selected for the personality round. The interview is conducted to assess the various aspects of the candidates like general knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study. It is to evaluate the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, Integrity of Character, initiative and capability for leadership.
Candidates should make the plan for the preparation of the examination and personality test and following are the few preparation tips for the successful selection of the candidates:-
- Candidates should prepare a suitable time-table
- It is important that the study and revision should be part of the syllabus
- Candidate should focus on basic concepts
- Make notes and read them regularly for the better understanding
- It is important that the candidate keep himself updated with the various developments in the medical field.
- Candidates should make the strategy to solve all the questions in the minimum time period.
- Candidates should make a continuous study schedule for each day till the exam day.
- It is highly recommended that the candidates go through the complete syllabus before starting the preparation for the exam.
- Candidates should keep themselves motivated and stay positive towards the exam.
- It is necessary that the candidates are very well aware of the exam pattern and the marking schemes.
- Candidates should regularly solve the precious years papers and check the strengths and weakness. This would help them to prepare better for the exam.
- Candidate should also focus on personality and communication skills. It is required that the candidate keep reading about the tips to improve the communication skills to crack the interview.
- Most important factor in the selection process is to be honest with yourself.
- It is vital that the candidates remain updated with the current affairs too and should daily read the newspaper.
- The overall strategy for the UPSC exam is simple which is the devoted study and hard work. Candidates should have the to the point approach and basic command over English and Aptitude.
- Candidates should regularly gather and read the quality material and guidance. Also remember, Patience and self-confidence is the key.
We bring you the some of the questions asked by medical personnel are as follows:-
- What are the causes of acute onset breathlessness?
- What is the treatment of pulmonary edema – with dose of drugs?
- What is the treatment of malaria & filaria with dose of drugs?
- What is medical travelling?
- What are the most common cause of anemia in pregnancy and how will you treat it?
- How will you come to know that lady is taking iron?
- All about scabies
- What is the treatment of Laryngomalacia
- What is the treatment of a boy has come to you with some unknown poisoning
- Name some surgical emergency you have seen
- What is the treatment of acute retention and causes
- Difference of treatment between acute and chronic retention
- Define IMR MMR NMR and their value
- What percent of population in Delhi has never seen the face of school?
It should be noted that the UPSC CMS 2019 is known for repeating the questions unlike other exam conducting bodies. Candidates should keep practising previous year papers and you will get the idea of question paper very well.