Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) has been established under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. It functions as a public research institution that is responsible for carrying out research in the field of mathematics and sciences. Located in Mumbai, the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is considered to be one of the most outstanding research institutes in India.
According to a recent job notification released by TIFR, applications have been invited for a few vacancies available in the institute. Interested candidates must go through the details of the recruitment and apply well before the last date.
There are a total of only 6 vacancies available for recruitment. These vacancies are for three different posts. The following vacancy details for the recruitment –
- Project Laboratory Assistant (B): 2 vacancies
- Project Scientific Officer: 1 vacancy
- Assistant Security Officer (A): 3 vacancies
The applications being open, candidates can start applying for the posts. The application can be made through both online or offline modes.
Candidates have been provided a time period of 22 days to finish the application process from the day of the release of the notification, that is, the last date for making the application is, 16th November 2019. It is advised that candidates apply for the posts timely. The notification details for the recruitment can be found under Advertisement number : 2019/15 on the official website of TIFR.
In order to apply through the online mode, candidates can follow the steps given below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of TIFR, which is http://www.tifr.res.in/
- Step-2 : On the homepage, candidates must navigate to the Careers section.
- Step-3 : Under this section, click on the link that states “Advertisement no.2019/15”
- Step-4 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page. Click on the “Apply Online” option.
- Step-5 : The application form for the posts will open up. Candidates must fill in all the details carefully.
- Step-6 : Click on the Submit option.
The applications sent by posts should reach the following venue by the given time period –
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
1, Homi Bhaba Road,
Navy Nagar, Colaba,
Mumbai – 400005.
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria in details before making the application. The different eligibility criteria for different posts are available in the notification published by TIFR.
There is a list of documents stated by the TIFR that is mandatory for the candidates to carry at the time of the recruitment. The documents are as follows –
- Printout of the online application form
- Identity proof (such as Aadhar card, pan card, voter identity card, driving licence)
- Proof of date of birth/proof of age
- All mark sheets and certificates as proof of the educational qualifications
- Experience certificates
- Certificate of conduct
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Certificate for Persons with disabilities
As per the notification released by TIFR, selected candidates will be required to work in shifts.