Join the discussion on Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) Admission 2020-21 and Get the details about the Admission Process, Fees, Campus, Placements, cut off and much more.
Indian Institute for Human Settlement is a leading educational of India with its focus on sustainable, equitable, and efficient transformation of settlements in India. It offers various fellowships and internships to young scholars to prepare them for transforming the nature of urban education.
About the program
The Urban Fellows Program offered by IIHS is designed to identify and train learners in different aspects of urban practice. It is a scholarship-based program that is conducted at the Bengaluru campus of IIHS.
• Name of the programme: – Urban Fellows Programme (UFP)
• Duration of the programme: – 10 months
• Nature of the programme: – Full-time residential
• Mode of education: – Live projects + classroom learning + site-based applied learning + external internships.
• Eligibility: –
– The maximum acceptable age is 30 years at the time of commencement.
– Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
– If candidates have prior experience in urban sector work, then educational requirements are reduced to having completed 10+2 from a recognized board.
– Candidates must have basic proficiency in English language.
– Only Indian citizens or Nepalese citizens may apply.
• Fees and Scholarships: – 1.75 Lacs payable in three installments. 10% discount for candidates making the payment in one go. Scholarships are available for students on a need basis. Stipends also available for selected candidates to take care of living expenses.
• Important Dates: –
– Application start: – 16th March 2020
– Application close: – 19th April 2020
– Interview (via Skype): – Third week of May 2020
– Final results: – June 2020
• Selection Process: –
– Written Application
Final candidates will be selected on the basis of the scores in both the selection processes.