GIM - Goa Institute of Management GD/PI Experiences

The Gd(GT)/Pi for GIM begins today. I request all of you to please post your experiences here on this thread. Please follow the below mentioned format: XAT Percentile: Profile: 10th: 12th: Graduation: Work-Ex: Hobb…

The Gd(GT)/Pi for GIM begins today.

I request all of you to please post your experiences here on this thread.

Please follow the below mentioned format:

XAT Percentile:

Profile:
10th:
12th:
Graduation:
Work-Ex:
Hobbies:

Any other details:

Batch of Gd(GT)/PI:

GT/GD:

PI:

Please keep this thread only for the experiences part of the GD/PI process. Please continue on the GD/PI discussions thread for the queries which is:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gim-calls-out-2008-2010-gd-pi-prep-thread-25028550

In case, you have any specific queries to an individual puy, please PM him/her. Please do not clutter this thread with random queries.

ATB :grin:

its astonishing no one has posted their experience till now....cmmon puys we need some participation from you guys............

I have my GD/PI on 4th (New Delhi).

Funny that no one has taken out time to post their experience.

Get firing guys.

Hey!! We're like really waiting yaa... Y isn't anyone posting their experiences?!!

Hey All Puys....

Pls do post your interviews experience asap... It would be a great help for us all to get an insight into the process for this year..

Please trigger it off

Cheers,
Abhirup

hey guys/gals pls pls pls post ur experiences soon.......it wld help us a gr8 deal.........awaiting ur useful insights on the same.......

hey guys/gals pls pls pls post ur experiences soon.......it wld help us a gr8 deal.........awaiting ur useful insights on the same.......

XAT Percentile: 99.95

Profile:
10th: 86.40
12th: 82.67
Graduation:73.83
Work-Ex: 18 months in software co.
Hobbies: reading,quizzing,football

Any other details:

Batch of Gd(GT)/PI: 25th Feb 2 pm

GT/GD: There were 19 people scheduled to appear, of which 13 turned up. All of us were in one GD. We were given a case study, about whether to recruit an employee because he appears to be the relative of the Vice president of the company.
The panel consisted of 2 Lady professors of GIM , the ex-Director of GIM and another gentlemen who is on the Board of Directors. 4 people in all.
Each of us was asked to make an opening statement on the case and then the discussion commenced for about 15 mins. after this, each one was asked to give a concluding statment. We were also asked to write our opinion of how the discussion went in 6-7 lines.

The GD was Ok..some points repeated...tended towards a fish market at times.

PI: was the last person to be taken in for PI. My PI lasted 5-6 mins.

Q's i was asked include
Introduction
XAT/CAT percentile and other calls..Followed by a discussion on relative ranks of colleges
1 Q on my work
what do u mean by quizzing? Do u like conducting quizzes or participating?
Fathers/mothers job
Do u still paint ( had some prizes for this in school) ? why did u stop?
what are ur hobbies now
when did u decide to do MBA?

That was it....Panel was very cordial. No q's on Acads.

Just came to my home ..... Will post my experiences in a few hours!!!

Profile:

Any other details:

GT/GD: There were 19 people scheduled to appear, of which 13 turned up. All of us were in one GD. We were given a case study, about whether to recruit an employee because he appears to be the relative of the Vice president of the company.
The panel consisted of 2 Lady professors of GIM , the ex-Director of GIM and another gentlemen who is on the Board of Directors. 4 people in all.
Each of us was asked to make an opening statement on the case and then the discussion commenced for about 15 mins. after this, each one was asked to give a concluding statment. We were also asked to write our opinion of how the discussion went in 6-7 lines.

Q's i was asked include
Introduction
XAT/CAT percentile and other calls..Followed by a discussion on relative ranks of colleges
1 Q on my work
Fathers/mothers job
what are ur hobbies now

Thanx a lot for sharing your experiences....so there was no separate technical/HR related panels.Please Confirm.
joel1702 Says
There were 19 people scheduled to appear, of which 13 turned up. .

:grin::grin::grin: i'm loving it..6 to hat gaye raste se. ab kitne admi bache hai sambha.

btw u have mentioned we have to write 6-7 lines abt the discussion... tht means summarize the whole discussion or just mention the points in bullet as to wht was discussed...clarify anyone?
psaisiddharth Says
Thanx a lot for sharing your experiences....so there was no separate technical/HR related panels.Please Confirm.

Yup only one interview that too a very short one for everyone I met....
spicyforsure Says
Yup only one interview that too a very short one for everyone I met....

man i wud b grateful if u cud post ur experience over here...btw missed LIBA...so getting hysterical with a %le of 93.64. btw do low quant score matters in PIs???

Profile:

Any other details:

Q's i was asked include
Introduction
1 Q on my work
Fathers/mothers job
what are ur hobbies now

Thanks a ton bud for sharing ur exp......im hopin for a case study too!!!

All the best fr the result!!

Profile:

Any other details:

Q's i was asked include
Introduction
1 Q on my work
Fathers/mothers job
what are ur hobbies now

Thanks for posting ur experience..
I was wondering... Is it possible for u to elaborate on the case-study a little?
Exactly wht parameters were given for making the decisions.
Were u given any points to consider during your discussion?
Would b great if we cud get more insight into the case-study..
psaisiddharth Says

There were no separate panels..just 1 panel of 4 people

btw u have mentioned we have to write 6-7 lines abt the discussion... tht means summarize the whole discussion or just mention the points in bullet as to wht was discussed...clarify anyone?

They didnt specify..they said write ur impressions of the GD..They said we can interpret it in any way we want.
Thanks for posting ur experience..
I was wondering... Is it possible for u to elaborate on the case-study a little?
Exactly wht parameters were given for making the decisions.
Were u given any points to consider during your discussion?
Would b great if we cud get more insight into the case-study..

Case Study:
You and a team mate are sent a bunch of application from the HR. You have to pick an intern for your team. You notice that the name of 1 candidate is the same as the vice president of the company ( with a Jr. added at the end). Later that day, the VP, who has never spoken to u before, comes to talk to u and asks how the process is going. he smiles and says he Hopes a decision will be reached soon. What do you do?

how long does the entire process takes....
mine is @ 1.45 PM...

also is it true that the calls are in line according to ur XAT score... mine is on 4th of march... til now all ppls getting calls during that time i came across are in 90-93 range only ... plz clarify this....

-Saurabh

the letter says that the entire process should not take more than six hours ..

coming to your second query , mine is also on 4th March and my score is 95 %ile .. Anyways it hardly matters .. your GD/PI performance is not dependent on the XAT scores now ..

how long does the entire process takes....
mine is @ 1.45 PM...

also is it true that the calls are in line according to ur XAT score... mine is on 4th of march... til now all ppls getting calls during that time i came across are in 90-93 range only ... plz clarify this....

-Saurabh