Feedback on Hult International Business School from a student of 1st Batch in Dubai

Hi to all Prospective MBA candidates, I am a current student of Hult International Business School, Dubai Campus. Ours is the first batch of Hult in Dubai. When I was taking a decision, there was nobody whom I could contact as the Dubai …

Hi to all Prospective MBA candidates,

I am a current student of Hult International Business School, Dubai Campus. Ours is the first batch of Hult in Dubai.

When I was taking a decision, there was nobody whom I could contact as the Dubai Campus had not started. In such cases the decision making becomes quite difficult and the risk increases.

However, I want the prospective students not to face the same situation.

I am available to all prospective students for any feedback they may want on Hult International Business School and its one year MBA.

We can discuss the below topics
- Admissions
- Costs & Scholarships
- Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academics & Courses
- Staff & Faculty
- Quality of every little thing
- Career Services & Job prospects
- Batch Profile & diversity
- Satisfaction level of the current students (The first batch)
- Differences between Dubai and Boston Campus

We can definitely talk of many other details or whatever information you want in order to take a decision.

Please feel free to contact me here or on
[email protected]

Cheers,
Current Student

hi ,

can you please revert about the placements at hult dubai post MBA . What is the placement scene there . How many companiese ging to come this year.

Regards
Mukesh

Hi,
I too am looking at joining the Hult Dubai MBA, basically i want your main feedback on :
Career Services & Job prospects, basically where are the possibilities to get placed.

Value for Money: Is the amount being paid to HUlt value for money from the kind of jobs one is offered after the Hult MBA.

Its industry recognition

Lastly, How have you financed your course and expenses?

hi...
i also hve same queries as above thomas.

The following details may be very helpful to many prospective students. This may help them in making or breaking their career and bank balances.

1. Career Services (Placement Cell) has not lived upto anyones expectations. Hult Career services helps us by letting us know that we are on our own and expect no help from them.
The career services is just for show and they will give you a lot of time as they are always in their offices instead of visiting executives and companies. A lot many things can be written on Career Services but its waste of time wasting money on a defunct service.

2. The admissions officers may be telling you all big stories of placements but the fact is that only one or two have got a job while studying at Hult Dubai and that too through their own connections. The other 6 to 8 are either on study leave from their companies or have their own businesses prior to joining Hult. So Hult claims in front of the students that they have placed 8. In front of you students they must be saying a higher figure, which is all crap.

In fact the whole staff oh Hult Dubai is Unprofessional including the Dean. When you go to the dean with your queries, he will divert you and talk more of Scuba Diving and trips to Oman etc. So basically the management control is missing and when this happens in any organization, its a disaster.

In fact if you join Hult Dubai, you will be learning Management at the most unmanaged B School.

3. Facilities and infrastructure is mediocre. No Library (U need to walk half a mile to the IMT library). The Classes are small. Not enough Team rooms.
With abatch of 100 we are finding it tough to fit in. Imagine they have planned for 150 or so next batch.

4. Academics:The faculty is excellent. You also get the option of choosing your exam modes, postponing exams if you are underprepared and even not sitting for the exam and requesting a re-exam. All things are possible here.

5. Level of Satisfaction: It frustrates me to answer this question. Only consoling thing is that the Faculty is Excellent. However, in Dubai they are present only during your 10 or 15 day class schedules and then return back to Boston or wherever they work. So the constant source of mentoring is not available unless you want some mentoring for Scuba Diving and Gliding etc. for which the Dean is readily available.

Besides the faculty part, we all are a dejected lot. We are onto ourselves to make a career and we all think back to the day we made this horrific decision.

Also beware of one fact that the Campus is not a Campus but ONE Floor in one of the buildings in Dubai International Academic City. So dont go by the pictures they show you, just remember its ONE floor in ONE Building.

Also, remember to bargain as much as you can if in case you still plan on taking admissions. There are many students here on full loans given by college/school and have not paid a single money from their pockets.

There have been students who did half the course without paying a single cent and went back realizing that they are wasting their time and money here after leaving their well paid jobs.

There may be many things promised to you before you join which will turn out to be false when you join and have paid the money in full.

Now they have another tactic to entice you, the FT ranking. So guys beware. Its not only your career at stake but all your life's savings which these guys will steal away from you with your consent.

Hult Boston is somewhat better with faculty available to mentor you. There too its not the whole building and I cannot say about the career services but the fact is that US has been hit hard so you may not get jobs / H1 Visas there. The admin ther eis somewhat professional and the Dean does not do Scuba Diving etc.

When we joined Hult Dubai, we had a Dean who resigned within 10 or 15 days. He is now the Dean of SP Jain Dubai. And we got a Scuba Diver pulling us all underwater to drown.

Be Careful, Observe, Listen, think, take feedback and then decide to take the leap.

The writer of this message is definitely either:

1. A student that was forced to drop out from the school due to poor academic performance or failure to comply to the school's rules on cheating and plagiarism;
  2. A detractor, that has never been to a B-School; or,
  3. A disturbed candidate that is highly insecure and would blame his low life syndrome on external parties.
As a present student at Hult, I stand to affirm that the school is a very well respected institution and members of the administration and faculty do their very best to guide candidates through their career paths.

While some teething problems, usual with establishments in new terrains, where experienced with our set, being the pioneer set, it does not in any way measure up to the excellent capabilities and recovery abilities of the school's management.

The dean is a fatherly figure, who has tried to assist and entertain the requests and plights of everyone and tries to mentor them through their predicaments. However, it is very unfair for an unreasonable and ignorant nonentity to post such a message about his generousity, by twisting it, in this very well respected forum and present his individual and biased opinion as a basis for argument.

Lastly, this person (who created this original post), would definitely be ignorant, crude and unexposed. The school is located in an academic city for God's sake. It does not need its own library. The IMT library is for the inhabitants of the academic city, and it is provided for and regulated by the authorities. Who is this person??? Don't you understand the concept behind clusters - did you study economics and understand the gains of positive externalities! The school shares a location with other well respected establishments (it is co-located), like Michigan State, Murdoch, S.P. Jain; and they use the same concept and enjoy the network benefits therein! Morever, isn't the world turning global with e-libraries and e-resources at the disposal of IT savvy individuals, why should someone blame his or her backwardness on others? I don't get this, or does anyone get this?

...and for your information, is it your so called business if the school changed its Dean. It is a natural phenomena, change is the only constant thing in life, wake up! You are carried away by your emotions and unfounded bias and you might just hit a brick wall.

We at Hult are a proud family and we believe that in as much as there are minor issues, they have either been resolved or are being resolved and we are moving forward in the light of the present global economic circumstances and have gained to some extent in our career plans as individuals.

If any reader needs further information from me, I'll be posting a dedicated e-mail soon and FYI, I am a current and proud student at HULT Dubai.

PEACE!
I am a current student at Hult IBS Dubai and prior to joining the MBA program, I was working as a Project manager and had put in around 11 years working in the IT industry in India and US.

I had joined Pagalguy when I was looking out for reviews on B Schools to do an MBA and now nearly after an year to tell you all that what a great learning experience it has been till date and more expected till 20 Aug 2009, the date we graduate.

I have experienced the pressures and the fun of doing a one year International MBA at Dubai which is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. A truly international MBA with students of 34 nationalities and with an option to pursue your electives at Dubai, US, Shanghai and London.

I could not have asked for better academics as the faculty includes renowned professors and highly respected and elite professionals from some of the best business organizations in the world.

Most of the candidates usually are interested in knowing about placements.
So I would like to share with you that we have had a career fair in our school and quite a few companies were present on our campus on the day including some big names.

Many students have gone through the first round of interviews successfully and are queued up their next round. Some students are planning to return back to their own countries to work or to start a business and some have secured jobs here in the middle east itself.

We have still 4 months to go before graduation and the way things are turning out, I am very optimistic that all would be quite well placed.

Many of you may want to ask me about my career post MBA, I would suggest that you write to me;).

I would specifically like to point out the fact that Hult IBS is doing very well in assisting the students in securing jobs especially in these bad times when companies are laying off people. If compared to other B Schools in this region, then let me tell you that today I am more than happy that I am at Hult.

An MBA as you all must be aware is a Life Time and Life Changing experience. When you go through this experience with an optimistic mind, you fly high.

My colleagues and myself do get quite a few mails from prospective students. The only drawback of individual feedback is that some may be very negetive whereas some positive. And these conflicting feedbacks do not help the prospective student in making a right choice but instead create confusions.

I know that an MBA is a big investment, so I have created an open google group today itself, which many of the current students would be joining. You all are invited to visit the group forum (link given below) and put forward your queries. We would be more than happy to answers your queries and concerns.

The benefit to you would be that you would get to experience the internationally diverse community at Hult and interact with them and the feedback you would get would be unbiased as it would include most of the current batch students.

The link to the Google Group: Hult International Business School | Google Groups
Access to interested people can be given within a few hours of request.

Cheers

Hi,
I am planning to take admission in Hult. Can you help me with info about the college

Cheers

HI, I am planning to join Hult Dubai, but I am not getting good reviews on Placements. Can you help me with that? Also what is the maximum scholarship I can get? Please help me with this.

Regards,
Dipti

Please write to me on [email protected] for all the necessary details as I do not long on so frequently here.

I would agree with whatever has been said till now. Not many people are proud to be part of HULT Dubai. These guys are just minting money(I must say hard earned money of students and their families) of people. The only plus is excellent education. But when it comes to career services it is a big zero. I think me as a part of the HULT Alumni and a responsible citizen of this world, would strongly urge all applicants to weigh out their options before joining HULT. I think it DOES NOT deserve the FT rank of 61. "The Dean can only talk about scuba diving and trips to Oman." I thought what is this guy writing. And now after completing this course I can say that this is absolutely true. The only aim of HULT is to take in more and more students and mint more money.

-A not so proud former student of HULT

Guys
Just so that you know - I am a current alumni of the school and recently we have got numerous experience we would like to share of Bay area campus in the US.

- facilities - decent .. looks more like a office and less like a school
- library - none ... expected that students purchase heavily priced books on an average 150 usd per book which is really not completely used
- faculty - all are part time having said that they are the best contracted teachers in the region mostly from local B schools
- career service - exists only for name sake absolutely no help on visa guidance
- cultural diversity - over sold
- employment of our batch less than 5 people of a batch of 118 have a confirmed job. Delays in OPT processing and no CPT preference were accepted.
- student services - unwelcoming staff who differentiate between international and western students
biggest issue is u cannot approach the profs for job as they are part time consultants to the school
please donot be deceived by the FT ranking or the parties hosted by hult in your city.. the 80% employment statistic is false
overall learning experience poor but has some surprises as in visits from stanford and berkeley profs and local C level pitches

No wonder why Hult has gone down from rank 61 to 65 in 2012 FT assesment. Even is this rating ok? If we consider their Boston campus alone will it stand out internationally?:splat:

Hey dude.. I don't know if Hult paid this for you but i totally disagree on whatever you are saying. I am a current Hult boston student. My expectations were too high from hult. When i reached here and saw the campus i was shocked. They only have one ****ing floor which they call as campus. I can bet that even my house is bigger than Hult campus. they have taken people who do know know how to use excel, how to make presentations using powerpoint. They just need money to grow and invest money in their marketing. (They do really good marketing). The most shocking part was that they have only Two classes which cam occupy 70 students at a time. don't even ask about studies. they'll make you play ****ing high school games and call it a leadership class. Last year nobody got a job, people went to their old job after getting their degree. Nobody even know what Hult is in boston, Not even a local taxi driver. i PAID MY FULL FEES, AND WHEN I ASKED THEM THAT I WANT TO LEAVE AS I WAS NOT SATISFIED WITH INFRASTRUCTURE, STUDIES, NETWORKING, JOB PROSPECTUS AND THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY. They'll not return a single dollar from your fees. I feel cheated. Please do think 10 times before applying for hult. I heard that Hult dubai has even smaller campus than boston. I totally wasted my 30 lakh rupees by coming to Hult.
Ultimately its your decision i just wanted to tell every1 , specially indian students that its not worth it.

I got into so many good universities in UK, but i wanted to come to USA and that decision was the worse in my life.

hey dude, thanks a lot for all the information. and so to others who have shared their stories. I have been approached by Hult and after seeing their rating in FT and Economist, i was seriously considering them. Now it looks like another **** story. Quite shocking actually. I am going to stay clear of HULT.

Check this out:

Student Experiences - Hult International Business School

Hello to all of you,

In regards to all the negative feedback about Hult I can only say that you should please be at least factual. I would not trust a post of students who cannot yet spell or type properly yet; I highly doubt your quality and your skills.
I graduated from Hult in 2011 and am a proud Hult alumnus and had a great experience there. I started at the San Francisco campus and went to London for my rotation, where I happily got a job right after graduation AND am also doing my part-time PhD at the same time. Most of my Hult friends got jobs, even in the US and abroad. I don't know what you understand by the term 'Career Service', but they are definitely not there to handle your visa issues!! A lot of students don't get the fact that a job is never presented to you on a silver platter, and instead of sitting on your lazy bum and ranting about 'useless' career services you should work harder on getting a job. I know that a lot of you expect to become C-level executive and be welcomed by the business world with open arms once you finish you MBA or Master degree, but the reality is different. So be a little more realistic and deal with it that oftentimes, you have to start with an entry level position because that is the normal way things go. If you decline job offers, because you are not instantly an executive, well then I'm sorry to disappoint your pinky-winky perfect Disneyland world.

I did not have the feeling that Student Services are -what you call - racist and they certainly do not differentiate between nationalities. They always have an open door and are very accessible. I don't know where you studied during your undergraduate degree, but in my previous university, I did not even know what and where our student services were.

And what about all the event that Hult organizes? Jimmy Wales, Steve Wozniak, John Sculley and the list goes on? Does HARVARD get them to speak there? No! Does Student Services not do everything to welcome all students, from events to dinners, to social parties to sports events? I THINK THEY DO!

It is absolutely outragious that students write like that about Hult. I know that you can never please everyone, but it also comes down to you spoiled, uneducated people to make the most out of your experience. Nobody makes you go to Hult, it is entirely your decision. So grow up and deal with your situation. Ranting about Hult in public does not help you in scoring a job.

And sorry mate, in your sentence - 'I got into so many good universities in UK, but i wanted to come to USA and that decision was the worse in my life' - it has to say 'worst' instead of 'worse'. Maybe you should have gone to your other good universities in the UK and learn how to write first.

Best,

The proud Hult graduate.

Would anyone provide information on getting an MBA done at Murdoch (Dubai) or HULT (Dubai).

How goes the placements post the course. Do candidates get the same assistance as they would at other locations of the same school, as far as faculties or curriculum is concerned?

Hello to all of you,

In regards to all the negative feedback about Hult I can only say that you should please be at least factual. I would not trust a post of students who cannot yet spell or type properly yet; I highly doubt your quality and your skills.
I graduated from Hult in 2011 and am a proud Hult alumnus and had a great experience there. I started at the San Francisco campus and went to London for my rotation, where I happily got a job right after graduation AND am also doing my part-time PhD at the same time. Most of my Hult friends got jobs, even in the US and abroad. I don't know what you understand by the term 'Career Service', but they are definitely not there to handle your visa issues!! A lot of students don't get the fact that a job is never presented to you on a silver platter, and instead of sitting on your lazy bum and ranting about 'useless' career services you should work harder on getting a job. I know that a lot of you expect to become C-level executive and be welcomed by the business world with open arms once you finish you MBA or Master degree, but the reality is different. So be a little more realistic and deal with it that oftentimes, you have to start with an entry level position because that is the normal way things go. If you decline job offers, because you are not instantly an executive, well then I'm sorry to disappoint your pinky-winky perfect Disneyland world.

I did not have the feeling that Student Services are -what you call - racist and they certainly do not differentiate between nationalities. They always have an open door and are very accessible. I don't know where you studied during your undergraduate degree, but in my previous university, I did not even know what and where our student services were.

And what about all the event that Hult organizes? Jimmy Wales, Steve Wozniak, John Sculley and the list goes on? Does HARVARD get them to speak there? No! Does Student Services not do everything to welcome all students, from events to dinners, to social parties to sports events? I THINK THEY DO!

It is absolutely outragious that students write like that about Hult. I know that you can never please everyone, but it also comes down to you spoiled, uneducated people to make the most out of your experience. Nobody makes you go to Hult, it is entirely your decision. So grow up and deal with your situation. Ranting about Hult in public does not help you in scoring a job.

And sorry mate, in your sentence - 'I got into so many good universities in UK, but i wanted to come to USA and that decision was the worse in my life' - it has to say 'worst' instead of 'worse'. Maybe you should have gone to your other good universities in the UK and learn how to write first.

Best,

The proud Hult graduate.

Hello proud Hult graduate,

We are where we are on account of the mistakes we did in our lives and how we emerged out of those tough predicaments. You dont have to be a P.C. Wren or a H. Martin to write in a blog or, as a matter of fact, even to get into a decent B school (even if its name is HULT). Infact, I think its about time the moderators step in and ban people that use foul language (like you did). If a chap shares his/her experience and you have a problem with it, try to fight it factually rather than making personal remarks in the most respected MBA forum of India. It not only damages your personal image in the forum, but also slings mud at the already tarnished and battered image of Hult. Thank you

Regards,
Proud Pagalite and a passionate MBA aspirant