SSC Stenographer Recruitment Exam Pattern 2019
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer 2019 would be directed in 2 different levels to select eligible candidates. The first level is the written exam and is conducted online. Skill Set is only for those candidates who qualify the written examination. The duration for the written exam will be 2 hours and each question will carry one mark and the total number of the questions will be 200. Candidates should remember not to do the guess work as there will be the negative marking for the each wrong answer. It should be noted that 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question paper will be set for Hindi and English both except part 3.
The highlights of the exam are as follows:-
|Examination Mode||Online Exam and Skill Test for Stenography|
|Stages in Exam||2|
|Sections in Exam||Three Sections –
1. General Intelligence
2. English Language
3. Comprehension and General Awareness
|Type of Question paper||Paper 1 – Multiple Choice Questions
Paper 2 – Written Exam
|Duration of the Exam||
2 hours for the General candidates and 40 minutes extra for the visually handicapped candidates
|Language of Exam||Hindi and English both|
The various sections of the question paper for the duration of 2 hours are as follows:-
Section in the paper
Number of Questions
|General Intelligence & reasoning||50||50|
Candidates who qualify the written examination will be selected for the skill test. The expertise test will be of succeeding nature and the commission will choose the passing principles in the ability test for various classes of hopefuls. To qualify the ability test the hopefuls will be given one transcription for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 word for every moment for the post of Stenographer Grade C and 80 words for each moment for the post of stenographer Grade D. Candidates would need to transcript the matter on the computer. The Transcription time is as follows:-
Language of Skill Test
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||65|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||55|
Candidates should note the following points for skilled test:-
- It is fundamental that the competitors who pick the stenography test in Hindi will be required to learn English stenography and the other way around after their arrangement. If the candidates fail to learn the stenography in both the language then the probation may not be cleared by the appointing departments. This is required as the Stenographer will have to work as English and Hindi Stenographers as per the functional requirement of the user office.
- The concerned regional /sub regional offices of the commission will send the detailed instructions regarding the skill set to the candidates called for the skilled test.
- If the candidate do no indicate the medium of Stenography test in the application form then the commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test automatically.
- The skill test would be conducted at the Commission’s regional/Sub Regional offices or at the offices decided by the commission.
- There are two types of errors classified in the stenographer skill test under the head – full errors and half errors.
- The full errors in stenography skill test are omission of a word or figure, substitution of wrong word or figure, addition of word or figure not occurring in the passage or the handwritten additions / corrections / insertions.
- The half mistakes in SSC stenography ability test are Mis-spelling, incorporating transposition of letters in a word and furthermore exclusion of a letter or letters from a word, By methods for particular for plural thing and the other way around, Reversal of words/gathering of words in a sentence, Repeating a word/figure or a gathering of words or gathering of figures in the transcript, Wrong routine with regards to capital letters toward the start of the sentence, Oversight or arrangement of the punctuation in a word in the possessive case, or in contracted words, Addition of a space amidst a word, Lack of room between words, Wrong syllabification of a word toward the finish of line, Ambiguous overtyping, Whole and uncertain covering, Omission or wrong situation of the caret sign, Uninformed and new truncations, More than one blunder in a solitary word.
Candidates should need to follow the below tips to crack the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Examination:-
- It would be better if the candidates join some nearby institute for the preparation of the examination.
- Candidates must attempt to solve the previous years papers or the mock test to be well aware of the exam pattern.
- Candidates must focus on the English language as the success in the SSC depends mainly on the English. It is like better the English better are the chances for the success.
- Candidates should have the thorough knowledge of the syllabus for the better preparation.
- It is mandatory that the candidates start preparing for the exam step by step and go through all concepts one-by-one.
- It is important to remember that there is no rush and keep practicing regularly most probably on the daily basis.
- It is mandatory that the candidates take the mock tests on the daily basis. Candidates should analyse the results properly to know the strength and weakness.
- Candidates should remember that the hard work is required and they will not be able to crack the examination with the last minute preparation.
Candidates should refer to the right books for the preparation of the SSC examination. Some of the books are as follows which candidates can easily get from anywhere.
- SSC Stenographer Grade C And D All India Open Exam, Author: Gupta R
- Study Guide SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Recruitment Exam, Author: G. K
- Complete Guide For SSC Stenographers Grade ‘C’ And ‘D’ Exam, Author: Santee Joon
- SSC Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & Grade ‘D’ Pariksha Guide, Author: Joon
- SSC Combined Main Exam. (for Matric Level) (For Stenographers Grade C & D )
- SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & Grade ‘D’ Exam 2010, Author: Editorial Compilation
- SSC 10+2 Level Stenographer Grade ‘C’ &’D’ Exam, Author: Kiran Prakashan
- SSC Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination Solved Papers
- Pitman New Era Shorthand, Author: Issac Pitman