SSC JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) Exam 2019
SSC JHT 2019 Exam Information
SSC JHT is conducted by Staff Selection Commission to recruit the candidates for the post of Junior Hindi Translator in various government departments such as Central Secretariat Official Language Service, Railway Board, Armed Forces Headquarters and in some other subordinate offices which wants the service of the Junior Hindi Translator by adopting the Model RRs of Department of Personnel and Training. Apart from this, there are two more posts such as Senior Hindi Translator in various departments and Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute.
The roles and responsibilities of all the posts in various departments are almost similar. The major function is to convert various official documents into Hindi. Other responsibilities include maintenance of Hindi documents, promotion of Hindi and any other works which are assigned by their superior authority. The roles of the Hindi Pradhyapak are to coordinate with the Hindi officers in organizing various Hindi workshops and to be appointed as teaching officer for Hindi Teaching Scheme. All these posts are paid well with a hefty salary. In addition to the salary, the employees are given various allowances such as House rent allowance, Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. The house rent allowances are given based on the area in which the candidates are posted. It also depends on the the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the salary will be even more increased.
It should be noted that the work timings are different for different departments. For promotions, the employees have to take different department exams. The examination is conducted both in Hindi and English to test the language skills of the students. These jobs are good for those who have good proficiency in English. The candidates who are clearing the exam would start their career as Junior translator and can reach the position of the director.
SSC JHT 2019 Exam Date
It is mandatory for candidates to take note of the important dates. All the crucial dates related to the exam will be published on the official website of the exam. Remembering the most significant dates would offer a lot of advantages. It would help in planning your preparation strategy in a better way. You can also apply for the exam within the prescribed time limit. Missing the deadline would remove unnecessary confusion in the last minute.
It should be noted that the dates may get changed due to unforeseen situations. So, it is always important to check the latest updates on the official website. You can also sign in the website so that you can get the latest updates. You will be getting the messages either through e-mail or the text messages in phone.
Some of the dates regarding the exam are mentioned in the table given below:
|Date of Advt.||Closing Date||Date of Exam|
It should be remembered that the payment through the mode of challan can be done only through the working hours of the bank.
SSC JHT Notification is release on 20 August 2019, visit Official website –ssc.nic.in/Notice_for_Change_of Date
SSC JHT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who are eligible for the exam will be allowed to appear for the examination. At any stage of the exam, if it is found that the candidates did not have the required eligibility, then their candidature will be liable to be cancelled. The examination authority will not entertain any further claims in the later stages. So, candidates are advised to go through all the eligibility conditions given below before applying for the exam:
1.Eligibility based on nationality
A candidate must have any of the following nationalities:
(a) an Indian citizen
(b) a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
(d) a refugee from who came to India before 01-01-1962 but, with the intent of settling in India permanently
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from, Kenya, Zaire, Malawi, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intent of settling in India permanently.
For those candidates other than Indian Citizens, the certificate of eligibility will be issued by the government of India. These candidates should produce those certificates as and when required.
2.Eligibility based on age
The age limit for the general category is 30 years while the candidates from other categories will be given relaxation.
|Name of the category||Number of years that are relaxed|
|Other Backward Classes||5 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes||3 years|
|Person with disability||10 years|
|Person with disability and Other Backward Classes||13 years|
|Person with disability and Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes||15 years|
|All those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Defence Personnel who are disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in any areas of disturbance and released because of that||3 years|
|Defence Personnel who are disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in any area of disturbance and released because of that||8 years|
SSC JHT 2019 Registration
Candidates can get the application form on the official website of Staff-Selection Commission. It is important for the candidates to apply for the exam as soon as the application forms are released. There are two stages in the filling of the application process: One-time registration and registration form filling
For the successful filling of application form, applicants should follow the following process:
- Get into the official website and select “ Register now” given in the Login Section
- Under one-time registration, you have to enter the following information
- Name of candidate
- Aadhaar Number
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Details of matriculation exam such as the name of the board, roll number and year of passing
- Gender of candidate
- Give the correct E-mail ID and mobile number as the Email ID will be your Username while the password will be sent to both.
- As soon as you have entered all the details, select “ submit” to complete the one-time registration. It is essential to fill all the relevant details correctly. This is because you can change the details only once after giving the final submission. To ensure that you have filled all the data correctly, keep all the needed documents while filling the application form.
- Once this is done, you will be getting the registration ID and password in your email and password.
- Use these two details to complete the registration form. This should be done within 7 days after filling the application form.
- The remaining details that need to be filled include Category of the candidate, Nationality, identification marks which are visible ( You may have to show this if required at any stage of the exam), details regarding the disability.
- After entering the details, you have to save the details.
- Then, give the information regarding your contact details which include your present and permanent address and save those details.
- The final step would be to upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature. It should be noted that those documents should be uploaded as per the specifications given in the website. Otherwise, those documents will not be accepted. If you are not having the Aadhaar card, then you have to upload the scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression.
- Save the details and take the printout of the application form for the future reference
- Select the “ Final Submit”
- With this, one-time registration is done. Then, get into the application form by using user name and password. Details given earlier will be automatically filled.
- Fill all other details such as exam centres, eligibility for reservation etc
- Submit the application form
SSC JHT 2019 Exam Pattern
If the candidates are well-acquainted with the exam pattern, it would be easier for them to score higher in the exam. In total, there are two papers. The medium of the examination will be either Hindi or English according to the subject. Paper 1 is a computer-based exam in which the questions are asked are objective in nature while paper 2 is a descriptive type in which the essay and translation are asked. There will be negative marking scheme in which 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer in paper 1. But, no negative marks are given for unanswered questions. So, candidates should be careful while answering a question.
The basic scheme of the exam is given in the following table:
|Name of the paper||Name of the subject||Number of questions asked||Maximum Marks to be awarded||Total duration|
|Paper I||General English||100||100||2 hours|
|Paper II||Translation and Essay||–||200||2 hours|
Note: Extra 40 mins are given for those candidates who are allowed to use scribes.
- The first and foremost thing a candidate should do while starting the preparation is to formulate a plan which is easily workable for you. Having some plans which are unrealistic would create unnecessary pressure thereby affecting your performance to a greater level.
- Prepare a timetable so that it would be easy to prepare each and every topic of the syllabus.
- Try to get acquainted with all the grammar rules in Hindi and English. Prepare a list of difficult words and try to read the list again and again. This would help you in scoring much better in the exam.
- To have a good command over Hindi and English, candidates are advised to follow one English newspaper and Hindi newspaper. Note down the important passages and This would help you in improving your skills in providing better comprehension.
- Use some of the innovative techniques like flash cards for enriching your vocabulary.
- You have to dedicate at least five hours in a day to ensure consistency in the preparation.
SSC JHT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates should know the syllabus of this exam to ensure that their preparation is channelized in a better way. The precise form of the syllabus is mentioned in the official notification. The syllabus is different for different papers. The syllabus prescribed for this exam is of degree level. The main idea for framing this syllabus is to test the ability of the candidates to write the languages in an effective manner. They should also know to find the appropriate usage of the words. Most importantly, candidates should know to write the sentences in a precise manner.
For Paper 1:
For Paper II:
The level of difficulty of the paper will be consistent with the prescribed educational qualification.
- Translation of Paragraphs from Hindi to English
- Translation of Paragraphs from English to Hindi
- Essays in both English and Hindi
SSC JHT 2019 Admit Card
Admit card for the exam will be available on the official website of the exam. It will be generally published one week before the exam. It should be noted that the candidates will not be getting the admit cards by post. Therefore, applicants should download the admit card as soon as it is released to avoid the last-minute rush. The admit card contains various details such as the name of the candidate, examination centres, roll numbers etc.
Candidates should give the details regarding the exam centres they prefer in the application form itself. The exam centres are different for different regions as given in the table mentioned below:
|Name of the region||Exam centre|
|Central region||Allahabad, Lucknow and Patna|
|Eastern region||Kolkata, Port Blair, Gangtok, Bhubaneshwar, and Ranchi|
|Karnataka/Kerala region||Bengaluru, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub region||Raipur and Bhopal|
|North Eastern region||Guwahati|
|Northern region||Delhi, Jaipur and Dehradun|
|North Western Sub region||Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar|
|Southern region||Hyderabad, Chennai and Vijayawada|
|Western region||Mumbai, Panaji, and Ahmedabad|
Note: Any request for the change in the examination centre will not be entertained at any stage in the exam, SO, applicants should be careful while selecting the centre. Commission has all the rights to change the examination centre and the candidates should abide by this.
SSC JHT 2019 Result
Results of SSC JHT will be published on the official website of the commission. In general, SSC will be announcing the results one month after the completion of the exam. It should be remembered that candidates will not be getting the details of the result through posts. The only way to check the results is through the website.
How to check the result:
- Get into the official website of the Staff Selection Commission
- Select the link containing the result
- You will be getting the result in the pdf form.
- Details of the candidates who have cleared the exam will be present on the PDF. Those details include Roll number of the candidate, Name of the candidate and various other details.
- There will not be any scorecard. Marks of candidates will be announced in the later stages.
Those who have cleared the Paper I will be allowed to appear for the paper II. Those who have cleared the paper II will be called for the document verification.
In situations where more than one candidate have got the similar marks, the following methods will be used one after another to resolve the tie
- Total aggregate marks in Paper I
- Total aggregate marks in Paper II
- Based on the Date of Birth, Candidates who are older will be given the first preference
- Alphabetical order in the applicant’s names.
Though the candidates have cleared the exam, they will be appointed to the posts concerned only if they have cleared the required medical examination tests. Those who fail these tests will be rejected.
If there is any doubt in the evaluation of the marks, candidates can check the answer keys which will be published on the official website.
SSC JHT Cutoff
Cut-off marks are the minimum marks that are required to be scored by the candidates to clear the exam. Cut-off will be different for different category of the people. These cut-off marks depend on the following factors: Number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, number of seats available under each post and number of seats available under each category.
It should be noted that the cut-off marks will be generally high for the people belonging to the general category while it is comparatively low for the people belonging to Other Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically challenged people.
Cut-Off marks are announced when the results are published. Candidates can check the cut-off marks on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
It is important to know the previous year cut-off so that the candidate can have an idea of the difficulty level of the exam. While practising in the mock tests, try to score the previous year cut-off . This would help in boosting your confidence level. But, it cannot be said that the same trend will be repeated every year.
Previous year cut-offs are given in the table mentioned below:
Cut-off marks for Paper I in 2017 exam
|Category of the candidates||Cut-off marks|
|Other Backward Classes||132|