RPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria must be satisfied for the application process. Orelse the application is considered to be invalid. The first and foremost is the nationality. For both the posts, the main requirement is Indian citizenship. Other criteria like educational qualification, age limit, and physical measurement are listed below in the table.
- Age limit & Educational Qualification
|Posting||Educational qualification||Age Limit|
|Constable||SSLC/Matric from a government recognized board.||18||25|
|Sub Inspector||Graduate degree from a recognized board.||20||25|
For the age proof, SSLC or equivalent is considered. Date of Birth of the candidates must be between the following dates for both the posts. It varies based on the reservation. Apart from constable executive post and sub-Inspector executive post, there are two other categories viz Sub Inspector (Band) and constable (Band). They must have done any course in music. The age limit is the same as the executive post. For the posting of constable (band) nearly 2 years of experience in any one of the instrument is essential.
|Reservation||UR||OBC-Non creamy layer||SC/ST|
|The upper limit of DoB (Not more than)||2.7.1993||2.7.1990||2.7.1988|
|The lower limit of DoB (Not later than)||1.7.2000|
The age limit relaxation varies for each reservation and it is above the upper age limit. To avail, this proper documents must be produced in proper format at the time of applying and also during the verification process. The format for the documents can be obtained from the notification link in the official website.
- For SC/ST it is 5 years
- For OBC-NC it is 3 years.
- For Ex-Servicemen, in case of UR it is 3 years, OBC-NC it is 6 years, SC/ST it is 8 years.
- For central government employees and People of Jammu and Kashmir, it is 5 years for UR, 8 years for OBC-NC, 10 years for SC/ST.
- For widows and divorced women, in case of UR it is 2 years, OBC-NC it is 5 years, SC/ST it is 7 years.
- Physical Measurement
|Cadre||SC/ST||UR/OBC||Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Marathas, and certain other categories specified by the GOI|
- Other miscellaneous points to be considered
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST, OBC-NC can also apply in UR quota but they will have to compete against candidates applied in unreserved quota. They can’t avail benefits of age relaxation. Still, they have to mention their original caste in the application form.
- In case of Ex-Serviceman, the person served in General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena, Paramilitary force and Defence security crops are not eligible.
- A minimum of 6 months of continuous service is required for a person to be treated as Ex-Servicemen.
- For EX-Servicemen, the medical fitness will be as per para 534 of Indian Railway Medical Manual and it can be obtained from indianrailways.gov.in.
Candidate must be qualified as B I in medical examination and those wearing glass, a squint eye, knock knee, flat foot, color blindness, and other defective bodily features are subjected for elimination.