Hi guys, this is my first post. And its the only doubt i have had in my mind ever since deciding to prepare for an MBA.
I am doing my engineering in CSE. I lost 4 years due to poor scores. Currently i'm in my final year and have decided to pursue an MBA. So will the 4 years lost be a hurdle for my admission into an awesome mba?
What did i do in the 4 years :
1. Started and managed 3 MMO Game servers with few friends. [Lineage2]
2. Worked in a family based business for 3.2 years [Developer, Consultant and Marketing Exec]
3. Worked as concert journalist with an online portal.
4. Helped out as a volunteer at a local blind institution.
5. Worked on 2 startups , but had to cut short due to lack of finances and legal problems.
6. Was the manager for a music band for 4 years.
I am only working part time now. I hope that if i score good marks in my final year, it might give the selectors an idea that i am interested in studies and finishing what i started.
Also i worked before graduation. I didn't want to sit at home and study. So will this also be considered for selection.
I am looking at preparing in GMAT since it opens up the opportunities in India and abroad. I know its a weird case, but i want to get my doubts cleared before i take the next step. Looking forward to your suggestions.