Xuberance 2006 (XIMB Placements)

40 Posts  ·  27 Users
About this group
*Xuberance 2006: Fight of a Warrior* *Lateral Placements at XIM, Bhubaneswar* Two grueling years. Countless deadlines. Varied emotions, from exasperation to frustration. Small victories and big losses. Well, if you think that this is some mumb...
Page 1 of 4
vits
@vits  ·  1,590 karma

gr8 placements...

went thru this post 2day coz i've converted XIMB...

now i'm surely coming to XIMB....

its rocking!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
parashar_das Says
Where Mr Mukund Modi is headed??

Mukund is going to UTI Bank
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Where Mr Mukund Modi is headed??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anand

The Process is a bit complicated to explain however one goes by individual rankings and one can sit in the process as long as he has not recieved his top rank offer or if he wishes to sign out for whatever reasons this is for freshers

For laterals they can have a maximum of 4 offers however once the person gets first offer and puts it on hold he can only sit for three other companies.

In general there is no restriction

The maximum offer recieved was 6.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Great Placements@XIMB.

what is the process there ? How many offers per person allowed ? One + One dream or is it one job + a limit on # u can apply ?? who got maximum offers ?

also, in the forums main page, there is a thread "placement fundaes and experiences".
Request all of you to share ur experiences there.

Anand

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Cool. JPM CRG etc are excellent profiles. i was a part of it :D
Lots of hardwork but good growth opportunities in the long run.

well from what i know of SPJ is that they have lots of KPO's coming in this year. thats where the big packages also come in.
good profiles like SBI-Caps are offering around a 4.5 !!which was shocking for an SPJ

However, its good to learn that UB & Seagrams(IMT-G) come up with good profiles.

Can you give me any info regarding why there are no Retail co's at XIMB?
Unless its like what NMIMS has done this year. They rejected Pantaloon coz they would bring down the average with thier offer of only 3lakh !

The answer to this is not that simple first the batch was not too inclined towards retail companies and so we dint bother too much Pantaloon was on the anvil but things dint work out we have KSA Technopack taking summers this time next time we might target some more retail companies again it depends on the batch preference
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
spatcho Says
It wud be very unfortunate if SPJ is not calling a company for these reasons but if thats what the student community there wants,I guess its fair enough.Only that they are kissing some really sexy profiles goodbye.......

Cool. JPM CRG etc are excellent profiles. i was a part of it :D
Lots of hardwork but good growth opportunities in the long run.

well from what i know of SPJ is that they have lots of KPO's coming in this year. thats where the big packages also come in.
good profiles like SBI-Caps are offering around a 4.5 !!which was shocking for an SPJ

However, its good to learn that UB & Seagrams(IMT-G) come up with good profiles.

Can you give me any info regarding why there are no Retail co's at XIMB?
Unless its like what NMIMS has done this year. They rejected Pantaloon coz they would bring down the average with thier offer of only 3lakh !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes,all these depts of JP Morgan came here also for recruitment and the sals were in the range of 8.7 to 9 lakhs.

As for ur question abt Olam,they may place you anywhere in the globe where they have operations.
I believe it should be left to the student's prerogative to accept or reject an offer and he/she wud take into consideration all such constraints while making a decision.It wud be very unfortunate if SPJ is not calling a company for these reasons but if thats what the student community there wants,I guess its fair enough.Only that they are kissing some really sexy profiles goodbye.......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Im not sure which of the divisions did JP Morgan come for i think its the CRG one anyways they offered 8.6 to fresehers and 8.9 to the laterals

Olam does send recruits first to singapore for training followed to some african country however we dont see any point for not calling them since they reveal this before the process and its the discretion of the student to opt for the same besides a country head post so early is rare an oppurtunity.

United Breweries offered Product Manager roles apart from couple of others.

Also to the question by "whereeaglesdare" Tata steel offered some Research Roles some of our best marketing guys got it the salary was some 6.0 lakhs others offered again in the 5.5 to 6.5 range

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A few questions ...

Which dept of J.P Morgan came to recruit? CRG, CAU or GRC ?? ( i am an ex-JPM employee so really curious to know)
These depts recruited at NMIMS this year at around 7-8 Lakhs.

Does Olam send the recruits to some African country? SPJ is not going to call Olam to its placement this year because of the fact that you're sent to some african country and theres no change to it.

What is the United Breweries profile like?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...