XLRI vs FMS

63 Posts  ·  47 Users
About this group
hi guys, i know this topic is coming a bit late as XL starts in less than a week ... but even then ... i have a choice between XL and FMS. i am a delhiite and so am obviously tempted towards FMS ...whereas the general opinion seems to be that ...
Page 1 of 7

The thread gets closed..its a 4 year old thread

Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

The thread starts yet again :D

Guys....what do you feel...xlri or fms !!!

YOUR TWO CENTS ARE TWO "MILLION DOLLAR" POINTS!
frnds...me WL both in XL and FMS...and it seems wud be just able clear both the WLs... me too was worried abt wot to do...and where to go...so did some research...my take is that both the instis are reputed..and placement bhi mast hai dono ka...but me found a couple of ProXL points...

(1) XL has the student xchange program..whereas FMS cann't hv it..bcoz of the semester system..those few months of ur stay in europe is really a paid picnic...hv experienced it when I went for my summer training to Berlin...during my engg days!

(2) ppl say that XL is gud in PMIR only...but thats a big advantage for XL...the alumni sitting at the top in HR in various companies wud definitely vouch for XLers...!

these were my two cents...but as every body says...at the end of the day it's ur call...and ur perfomance matters!

Jai Ram ji ki...
well said shalin dude!!!!! waiting to meet you maaan. when u coming to vkrv??

keep in touch

send me ur delhi no.

Shiv

hey shiv,

well, moi spoken like a PG veteran, eh..;)

Btw, I have PMed you my Delhi no. And yea, i will be coming to VKRV RAO hostel on 15th evening.

And i have already taken Room Np. 107 there..

cheers,
shalin..
donB
@donB  ·  38 karma

hmmm i wonder if he is comparin XL's BM or PMIR with FMS? coz i wud think for BM FMS wud be better else XL...

arrr. i think, this was a very old query. the persons concerned have taken their respective decisions. Lets not go into another needless PQR vs XYZ debate. Maybe, next year, when the time comes for selecting the colleges.. Not now, as unnecessarily people from either side may come to defend their colleges and we'll have a virtual slugfest and mud slinging session..

The registration for these exams will be done only after the ads for these are published. The forms would come out earliest by Sept.

cheers,
shalin..

well said shalin dude!!!!! waiting to meet you maaan. when u coming to vkrv??

keep in touch

send me ur delhi no.

Shiv

arrr. i think, this was a very old query. the persons concerned have taken their respective decisions. Lets not go into another needless PQR vs XYZ debate. Maybe, next year, when the time comes for selecting the colleges.. Not now, as unnecessarily people from either side may come to defend their colleges and we'll have a virtual slugfest and mud slinging session..

this bhanuchandar studying final B.tech in RVR&JC; GUNTUR
i want to know how to register for entrance exams such as IBSAT,ATMA,XAT,MAT,CET,SCMHRD...
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME

The registration for these exams will be done only after the ads for these are published. The forms would come out earliest by Sept.

cheers,
shalin..
doofus3 Says
i think its FMS. Fms loses out bcoz of its affiliation with Delhi university but hey! delhi is anytime better than being in Jharkhand or where XL is!

HI DUDE,

I AM NOT SYAIN THT FMS IS A SOSO COLL I AGREE ITS IN THE TOP 10 IN THE COUNTRY, but dude wen u enter a coll dont go 4 which city its located in. for u r information XLRI IS IN JAMSHEDPUR WHICH WAS IN ERSTWHILE BIHAR AND NOW JHARKHAND. SO DUDE I AGREE JAMSHEDPUR IS NOT A ACCESSIBLE LOCATION BUT ITS GOT A BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS AND THE BEST OF FACULTY.

SHIVAM

i think its FMS. Fms loses out bcoz of its affiliation with Delhi university but hey! delhi is anytime better than being in Jharkhand or where XL is!

hi guys y is there is such a delibrstion abt which coll is better xl or fms if u ask me or any 1 4 tht matter xlri ranks directly after the iims and the pmir programme of xlri is the best in the country even better than the iims- pg in hr. fms is no doubt a gr8 college ranks in top 10 in the country and it can said tht fms is like jbims is in mumbai a coll affiliated with the city university and same beauraucratic set up and lots of reservations.

so stop delibrating and take my worb xlri is ANY DAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER B SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY APART FRM THE IIMS.

hi guys y is there is such a delibrstion abt which coll is better xl or fms if u ask me or any 1 4 tht matter xlri ranks directly after the iims and the pmir programme of xlri is the best in the country even better than the iims- pg in hr. fms is no doubt a gr8 college ranks in top 10 in the country and it can said tht fms is like jbims is in mumbai a coll affiliated with the city university and same beauraucratic set up and lots of reservations.

so stop delibrating and take my worb xlri is ANY DAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER B SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY APART FRM THE IIMS.