XLRI-Truths & Reality

5 Posts  ·  28 Users
About this group

Spread the Insidde News and reality of the college. Feel free to ask any quetions. EXLINK commitees and placement report do not provide the true picture of the college because they are branding it

Page 1 of 1

Hi

Can you please help me with HRM placement scenario? How are placement for HRM? What companies take HRM students? What are the options for HRM studnets to get Summer and final placement in Strategy and Operations role?

9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
Trisha161292

@Zara123456 different companies look for different things in a student hence it may not necessarily acffect anything. Also, what you do in the college during your MBA counts the most

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Haritha07
@Haritha07  ·  14 karma

I would like to know where you are getting this data from. 6 days to get the HR batch placed? That's news to us as well. I am a current student of XLRI and I know that these are not the facts. The last batch was placed in record time. If you do not have Qualitative input to give that would actually help the aspirants at least refrain from spreading false information.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Some Realities of B-school:-

1) Placement processs of most of the b-schools are not democratic  and placecommers might behave as your masters. Further dont exppect any help from the management of the college because they will simply tell you that placementss are a student run process  and they cannot do anything. At my college Placecommers debbared around 6 students from appering for Golden cluster companies(Some of the most coveted) because this students couldnt appear for the written exam of a Top-company. Becasue list of students who were to appear for the exxam was sent at around 12 in the midnight for a 6am examination. And this students had slept of before the list came and woke after the test had been conducted.

2) Placecommers always get an unfair advantage in getting shortlist and get favours during the interviews. 

3) Many students even in the top tier b schools get placed in 3rd class companies paying 8 or 9 LPA. So make your decision very carefully and make sure to talk to some seniors from the college whom you can trust 100% and just dont talk to any senior Because most of the senior you might talk to may not provide you the correct information because they try to protect the brand of the college. Please reach out to a person whom you can trust completely.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the typical profile required for strategy consulting firms like BCG at XLRI? My details 10th - 94.2%, 12th - 97%, Engg - 75.375%, Work Experience as an Analyst in analytics for 2 years 5 months... Will I get shortlisted?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
TruthTruimphs
@TruthTruimphs  ·  5 karma

See college is important but it is not the only thing. There are many other things  that a recruiter looks in a CV. In the current year there were few students who were not from NIT or IIT but were still able to recieve shortlist from BCG and were also able to convert it. Academics i just one aspect of thee SPike. Your spike may come from extra-curricular activities, co-curricular activities or any other thing in which you are great

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
TruthTruimphs
@TruthTruimphs  ·  5 karma

Further dont join a B-school because you want BCG because such offers are very few and luck also plays a very big part in whether the company will be visitng the campus and whether you would be able to convert the shortlist once you reieve it.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Some Pointers to keep in mind before joining B-school:-

1) Dont join B-school just for the sake of doing MBA. Have a clear goal about why you want to do an MBA and which stream you want to pursue because this will help you in homing on correct b-school. For ex. Suppose you want to pursue Operations than NITIE might be better choice than SPJIMR or XLRI despite both this college ranked above NITIE. 

2) If you are from an engineering background and want to pursue Finance in B-school than having cleared CFA Level-1,2 helps a lot becasue by having this you will be able to get the shortlist from finance companies during Summer placements which generally happens very soon after you join the college. Further try to join 1 or 2 Finance commitees.

3) Dont make your decision based on the Placement reports of the college. This report are fudged and have superinflated CTC's due to one time joining bonus and variable packages and stock options.

4)Having expirience helps in b-school because it makes you more mature and makes you eligible for Lateral Recruitment process (People having a work ex greater than certain months, generally 20 months, are only allowed to appear for this process and around 25% of the batch gets placed in LRP).

5) In MBA profile matters a lot because you wont be able to appear for an interview until your CV is shortlited and shortlisting depends on your profile i.e 10th, 12th, undergrad etc.. 

For further queries you can comment on the post

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, if you have any quetion related to XLRI feel free to ask me. College commitee and Placement Report do not provide the true picture of the college and often misguide the students.

1 comment
svkapoor
@svkapoor  ·  0 karma

Hi do mckenzy bain and bcg come at xlri. What is the package they offer?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...