XLRI Satellite Program PGCHRM 2009-2010

94 Posts  ·  40 Users
About this group
Hey friends I am starting this thread as we have very few information regarding such courses and would like to know more about this from ppl who have already completed or are still pursuing this course. _To know more about the Satellite ...
Page 1 of 10

Hi i applied for this program last year and i was having exactly two years of experience, but i could not clear the interview because of the total experience thing ... i am going to try this year again for XLRI jamshedpur .. shud i apply again ... i am having three years of experience right now ...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I would like to know how good are the prospects if we apply for PGCBM course within XLRI Satellite Program. I have 2 yrs of Work Ex. currently.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

one more query will it; pgchrm from xlri jam make me eligible for phd in future

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i am working with state bank of bikaner and jaipur and want ot shift to hr in psu banks or rbi or navratna oil companies will pgchrm from xlri be useful? will it make me eligible to appear for their written exams? pls give me a reply fast because i hv been selected for pgchrm in xlri this term and last date is 30.11.12

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@alagh@84

Hi All,

I am interested in the course, however, wanted to understand how does the certification is provided. Is it from XLRI directly like other regular courses or will it be given in collaboration with the Satelite partner?

Thanks,
JC
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is by far the most helpful blog i could search for..! Some of my questions have already been answered here.
Just one more.. hoping that u'll (atleast someone'll ) reply. I am also in IT with 1 n half years of experience.. I am wanting to know when i complete 2 years n if i go through the PGCBM course (if am lucky enough to get through) then post my PGCBM, what kind of job profiles can i apply for?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Bani,

I have an experience of 14 yrs mostly in marketing.As a manager have experience in team handling and appraisals.Now want to make a shift to HR as a career.Pursuing MBA(distance) in HR.Want to do PGCHRM to get the brand advantage.How far will that be useful.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

I have already shared most of the information I had on the course,
probably this would be one of my last posts on this thread... I would appreciate if you guys click on thanks rather than just posting thanks in new replies !!

I completed the course around Nov 2010, got a jump in Jan 2011, to which the course contributed to a certain extent. The results are hence a mixture of your work exp, knowledge gained from the course and the institute name itself. My experience -- companies start considering you for jobs which have an MBA as minimum requirement.

Also, XL gives membership to the alumni portal, though I haven't found it very useful yet.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi.........i hav interview on 16 th may fr XLRI Satellite program PGCHRM.Can anyone guide me abt interview..........
I hav lot many Breaks in my Career...like there is 4 yrs gap in Between my job and degree since i prepred fr IAS..and after working fr 3.5yrs ..i took break becoz of my illness...so i m on break fr the last 1.5 yrs...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi.........i hav interview on 16 th may fr XLRI Satellite program PGCHRM.Can anyone guide me abt interview..........
I hav lot many Breaks in my Career...like there is 4 yrs gap in Between my job and degree since i prepred fr IAS..and after working fr 3.5yrs ..i took break becoz of my illness...so i m on break fr the last 1.5 yrs...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...