XLRI Satellite PGCHRM - Life with it

39 Posts  ·  104 Users
About this group
Hi, I am doing this course - PGCHRM from XLRI, I have started the thread to help everyone make the decision whether it is worth it or not. There was no such thread when i had to take this decision and i understand how difficult it can be wi...
Page 1 of 4

Hi, I am MBA in HR and having 7+ years of expereince in technical recruitment. I had applied for PGCHRM from XLRI but I am confused, is this right decision. I want to do this course for carrer growth and to move in other HR role. can somebody help me, is this course will help. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi anyone knoa what they ask in pgchrm interview

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All, I am a house wife.I am currently working as a HR in a company and have around 2 yrs of exp in HR Field. Planning to do the PGCHRM(XLRI) course. Can anyone tell me 

1.how far it will be useful for my future career?

2. Will it add benefit in my resume?

3. Is placement activities done after the course by the institute?

1 comment
Sroy1109
@Sroy1109  ·  1 karma

1. Definitely it has value. Now its 33rd batch of BM nd 23rd batch of HR. 2. YES, 3. No

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I am a bachelor student with 4 years of work experience in Recritment and HR Operations. Now i want to do Masters preferably in courses like PGCHRM(XLRI). i would like to know if any one has attended the program already and benifitted out of it.

Please kindly respond

1 comment
Sroy1109
@Sroy1109  ·  1 karma

There are many people like you who have done this program and got benefit from this program

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey there.. my wife is planning to go for PGCHRM at XLRI jamshedpur. Request your opinion on the program and post program placement opportunities. Also how rigorous is the program and the date of commencement every year ??

Look forward to some interesting opinions

Cheers

Manish 

1 comment
Sroy1109
@Sroy1109  ·  1 karma

@dr.manishjain82 This could be a good option for you3 wife,provided she is working somewhere. I know course is rigorous. There is no in campus placement activities, but for VIL students, there is one portal known as VPNB

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIMC EPHRM Vs XLRI PGCHRM?

WHich one would be a better option??
1 comment
Sroy1109
@Sroy1109  ·  1 karma

@gagz Both the program has their own USP ,which you can find in respective websites

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have done MBA in HR from wiegan n leigh and have 4 yrs of experience as generalist hr. I have also worked as HR head for a small hospital industry. I took a break for 1.5 yrs because of my preganancy and now i am finding difficult to get job. I want to know If I do PGCHRM which is satellite program from XLRI than 1. will that boost my CV. 2. Will I be able to get a job 3. Will It add value to my degree or will it be just an add on?

1 comment
pooja.kumar1
@pooja.kumar1  ·  0 karma

Getting Into this XLRI course is difficult, I did not get through it in 2012 when I applied first time.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have done MBA in HR from wiegan n leigh and have 4 yrs of experience as generalist hr. I have also worked as HR head for a small hospital industry. I took a break for 1.5 yrs because of my preganancy and now i am finding difficult to get job. I want to know If I do PGCHRM which is satellite program from XLRI than

1. will that boost my CV.

2. Will I be able to get a job

3. Will It add value to my degree or will it be just an add on

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI,

i have applied for xlri pgchrm course and i have my interview between 16th to 30th of october. i have 2yrs of exp. can anyone tell me what things can be asked in the interview???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Sunayna,

I have come across this course from IIM Calcutta - EPHRM. While I have tried to do some comparisons between the course content being offered by them and XLRI, I am not really sure which one would be of greater value addition. Do you think you could shed some light ?

Cheers

Gautam
1 comment
pooja.kumar1
@pooja.kumar1  ·  0 karma

XLRI PGCHRM........

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...