Official XLRI PGDM(GM) 2015-16 page [Official Page]

Page 1 of 26

Kindly post all the queries related to the PGDM-GM program of XLRI on

XLRI GMP: One Year PGDGM Program

For the greater good
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys.. please help.. IIM Indore EPGP vs NMIMS MBA vs XLRI GMP?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
kumarman11
@kumarman11  ·  0 karma

@gaurav21 iimc

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shashankism
@shashankism  ·  71 karma

IIMC + ISI + IIT KGP

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

have 5.2 years experience in a IT company as work as an IT lead .   my marks are 10th-76, 12th -62, btech -65. I work as a partime in ngo   and have been assisting my company in acquiring new projects in a   technical level. I want to try for XLRI GMP or IIMS  year  for  1  year mba in 2017/2018. Can you please help me with my chances  , i ma yet to give my gmat.

1 comment
HarshalNamdeo
@HarshalNamdeo  ·  4 karma

If you belong to the IT background..XL-GMP is a program you can  look forward too, there is good scope for you to switch into better roles and opportunities

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,Can someone throw some light on the GMP Program with respect to how good it is.I know XLRI is a top notch college but thats majorly for th 2 yr courses.Haven't heard much about the 1 yr GMP Program.Many people have advised me to try for the IIMS' 1 yr proGram or ISB which makes me a bit concerned coz when it comes to  BM or HR Programs everyone acknowledges XLRI is one of the best but not so much when it comes to the 1 yr GMP pROGRAM.Also any idea regarding what kind of package we can expect during placements will be helpful. 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
gaurav21
@gaurav21  ·  355 karma

As per the info that I have received..GMP course is not as glamourized as the other courses you have mentioned....

In terms of short term benifit, the placement picture ( if you compare the reports) is not as bright as the other top 1 year programs.. 

But knowledge that you gain here is unparalleled. 

In long term, it does not matter much if you did BM/HR or GMP..brand XLRI carries a lot of values especially the Alumni network..

With regards to Avg package- its around 16 L.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sid88mba
@sid88mba  ·  4 karma

The brand, course is excellent. Placement are decent. It also depends which sector you're coming from.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

I had just filled the application through GMAT for GMP programme. The application is to brief as compared to other colleges programmes. Is there any other profile sheet which we would be required to fill having any essays, questions, etc or this is the only details through which interview candidates would be short listed? 

Thanks,

Ankit 

3 comments
Pradeep.Mdas
@Pradeep.MdasXLRI Jamshedpur  ·  1,356 karma

Hi @ankitmba2017 , kindly post your queries on the thread for 2017-18( this thread is no longer active) and please tag the official handle for XLRI-GMP if you wish to get your queries addressed expeditiously. Coming to your question, a separate questionnaire will be floated for all shortlisted candidates ( last year 6 essays were asked). This is to get a holistic idea about the candidate, his/her work experience, aspirations etc. Relevant details will be shared by the admission team after the shortlist is released.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Request you all to post your queries on our new  XLRI PGDM(GM) 2017-18 Official Page  

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-xlri-pgdmgm-2017-18-page-46765129

For the greater good
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi! 

Would highly appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile.

I am a media planning professional with about more than 5 years of work experience in the media planning industry and have a total work experience of about 8 years across other sectors. 

I have worked extensively across major brands like - Mercedes Benz, Mahindra Automobiles - 4 wheelers, Reliance Industries, Agrotech Foods LTD. at the leading agencies in India and my core area of expertise has been in the automobile category.  

I was one of the shortlisted teams at an All India Level to compete for final rounds for Young Spikes and Young Cannes which are Advertising and Media industry international awards ceremonies in 2012, 13 & 14. (Every year more than 70 entires are submitted and only 10 are selected for the final round).

Won the best presentation award at EMVIES 2014 for a case study (EMVIES- another Media Agecy Award function).

Have represented Maharashtra Contingent at All India NSS Camp'06 as the contingent leader and have been falicited by the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University.

I have horrible academics, took things too lightly when I was younger.

10th - 55.46

12th - 57.25

BSC Stats - 53.50

Currently pursuing Diploma in Digital Marketing from an autonomous institiute in Mumbai.

Two questions:

1.  Is my profile good enough to at least get an interview call given I score a good XAT score?

2. How much would you recommend I should aim to score at XAT.

Thanks in advance! :)

1 like1 comment
soumyasomu007

Hey man ! Calls are based on xat scores not profiles. Profiles are evaluated later. And sky is the limit !! Score as much as you can. You profile seems good enough to me so go ahead and apply!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Team,

I am aiming to apply for the GM program for the year 2017 intake.

Would be great if you could advise, what has been the XAT cutoff for past couple of years.

Thanks!

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
ss_12345
@ss_12345  ·  222 karma

@VKJoisG  Hey!! Thank for the quick revert.

Would be of great help if you could help with the avg score that students got in through XAT last year with the sectional cutoffs.

Will be directional for the preps.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
soumyasomu007

@ss_12345 its 70 odds i believe but try to score higher to get to the finally selected

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Need a little info regarding General Management Programme.
It is stated in your website that 5 years of Managerial experience is required for the above mentioned.
I have 6 years of experience 5 yrs with Reckitt Benckiser  as officer production & 1 yr with Colgate Palmolive as team lead operations can I apply although none of my experience is managerial??

3 comments
soumyasomu007

go ahead you are eligible

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
PGDM-GMP
@PGDM-GMP  ·  149 karma

@sarang.g You are absolutely eligible and must go ahead with your application and ensure that you crack your XAT/GMAT as well, followed by GD-PI part on getting a call for the same. :-)   All the Best!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have 6+years of exp. in IT and Gmat score of 650(Q49V30) and few things to talk about extra curricular activities . I want to know will my score be competitive enough to get me through? Thanks, Ankit

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
soumyasomu007

sure

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
PGDM-GMP
@PGDM-GMP  ·  149 karma

@ankit267 Your work ex and scores are decent in case not planning to apply through  XAT (as GMAT & XAT cut-offs vary ). Secondly, GD-PI preparations need to be taken up rigorously.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...